“Unexpected upgrade.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Dallas Hotel

You added Sheraton Dallas Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Dallas Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 North Olive Street, Dallas, TX 75201 (Downtown Dallas)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #61 of 190 Hotels in Dallas
Gatlinburg, TN
“Unexpected upgrade.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

I had made a reservation for a standard King room for two nights. When I checked in they said that I had been upgraded to a suite. I expected it would be a "Jr. Suite" where they put a sitting area at the end of the room. Was I surprised when I walked in and found a living room with two sofas and a big chair, plus a dinning area. There was a long hall down to the bedroom that was flanked with a large closet and a very nice bath. The bedroom was large, with a in-room wet bar and relaxing chair. When I called the front desk to check if this was right, they assured me that it was.

The restaurant had a great breakfast buffet. The concierge service was very helpful.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Turkish first
Jonesboro, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

My comments will fall into two categories not so good and very good.
Not So Good: The roads around the hotel are one way; if you miss the entrance you have to circle around a couple of blocks to return to the entrance. Parking costs are crazy, Vale is $24 and Self Park is $21. So add that to the overall cost of Sheraton’s expensive rooms. I look for minor issues because they are indications of how Sheraton takes care of major issues. In my room the bathroom light cover was covered in so much dust that the bathroom lighting was very dim, the hot water faucet handle was loose and spun around, and the sink drain was clogged. I found a safety issue, the electrical outlet located at the head of the bed had a two outlet converted into four outlet with four plug connected to everything, all of the wires were nestled against the box spring. Potential fire hazard - You be the judge. Finally; Sheraton has a restaurant but their prices are not very reasonable, an example would be breakfast buffet was around $20. The quality and quantity fell short of my expectations.

Good: The exercise room as over the top, great facility, great equipment. The pool was located outside the exercise room on the fourth floor so the view was interesting. The Sheraton has 29 floors, great stair running if you enjoy that kind of exercise. The staff was the best part of my experience, they were very friendly. All of my questions were answered to my satisfaction. The registration process was slow but Sheraton had several agents on duty to keep the flow moving. Over all, my room was vey nice, the view of DFW was breath taking. The bed was pillow style and the TV was a large flat screen high definition model. I was impressed with room service.

Over All; I probably won’t stay there again, it just didn’t meet my expectations or my budget.

Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

A group of about 25 stayed here in July for a fitness competition that was held at the Convention Center. We stayed for two nights and were pleased with our stay. The rooms are very spacious (3 of us roomed together) and we felt like we had plenty of room to spread out. There are also several counters/mirrors in the room which are great for people to spread out and get ready (fix hair, makeup). The staff was friendly, but very average. We stayed at this hotel due to the proximity to the convention center. Half a block away is a tram and you can get a pass for $3. The tram ride to the convention center is about 10 minutes. I made the mistake of meeting up with the group later and rode by myself (I'm in my 20's, blonde) and actually received honest feedback from several locals that I need to either go back to the hotel or get with my group, so please be careful. There were a number of restaurants and bars within a 10 minute walk, but again please go with someone. The hotel has a delicious brunch (although ~$25/pp), but it was very good with a broad selection. The hotel gift shop also has a lot of essentials if you need anything. There is hotel parking with plenty of room for everyone. All in all, it was a fine visit but I wouldn't necessarily stay there again if I felt there were better options.

Room Tip: We had a room away from the elevators and it was extremely quiet!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

We recently booked a large block of rooms at the hotel for a wedding and brunch. The group reservations girl offered a suite for the Bride and Groom for the wedding evening. After getting the bill, it appears that our Group Reservations girl is no longer working at the Sheraton, and they refused to honor her commitment.

We also booked a per person brunch with the hotel and had 70 guests attend. They presented me a bill for 96 persons on the basis that they had to set more place settings (as people moved to visit with others) and that rather than counting the actual number of people, they counted place settings. Not a really good idea when you have people going back for more food and moving to other seats to visit with other family and relatives.

I would not recommend another event at this hotel.

Room Tip: The bedding in our room was not the famous Sheraton sleeper mattress and was very uncomfortable. As...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
La Porte, Tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

I visited this hotel on a work conference. When I walked into my room I was very pleased. It was very spacious, flat screen tv, comfy beds, four big fluffy pillows on each bed (important to me, because I love pillows!). The restroom was large and modern. There were plenty of hangers in the closet and my view was nice. I see that some reviews could hear the train from their room...I could not...I was in 2263. The overall staff was very courteous. Everytime we had a question to go on how to get somewhere they were very helpfull. We ate in the hotel for breakfast and lunch for our conference and the food was excellent, and there was plenty. The only reason I am not giving 5 stars is that I think the hotel bar was very pricey...and the bartender actually reprimanded my friend when she tried to order. After standing at the bar for 15 minutes to order our first drinks (they were very busy) when she finally saw a bartender and called out her order...he looked at her and said..."thanks....now I don't know what I was doing!" I guess he caught himselft because he then said...what can I do for you. Other than the bar, the place is great!

Rogers, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

Great service! I have been staying in this hotel for the last 6 month. Hotel is clean and nice if you are staying for business or pleasure during the weekend. Location is good, driving distance to the best shopping malls (Galleria and North Park) and tourist sites.

Suites are huge! a lot of space of 4 people.

The two best things of this hotel is the Executive Lounge and the gym.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
North Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

Stayed here as a couple for four days in September. Every member of the staff was pleasant, accommodating, and efficient. Asked for and received an upper room with a great view. Room was medium size, modern and spotless. Big screen, flat HDTV. Starbucks coffee in room. Excellent, though a bit pricey at $19, breakfast buffet. Large sports lounge with very large TV's and reasonable drinks and snacks. Hotel is connected by skybridge on north side to a small mall with shopping, ice skating rink, and small cafes and fast food including a McDonald's. A number of inexpensive restaurants within a three block area.
Walk to the famous Adolphus hotel four blocks away to view the historic lobby.

Room Tip: Ask for upper room on North tower for a great view.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Dallas Hotel? Share your experiences!