“A Surprise, a Very Large Hotel as Comfortable as a Small One” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Dallas Hotel

You added Sheraton Dallas Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Dallas Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 North Olive Street, Dallas, TX 75201 (Downtown Dallas)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #61 of 189 Hotels in Dallas
Alexandria, Virginia
“A Surprise, a Very Large Hotel as Comfortable as a Small One”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

Excellent hotel in downtown Dallas. Very big, but surprisingly comfortable. Food was very good as was the service. First class exercise facility, very big and very clean. The service in the Concierge Lounge was wonderful, food selection and quality was very good. Walking distance to Dallas Main Street district. I would return if I needed to be in downtown Dallas.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
  • Turkish first
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

I stayed here for a recent work conference and had a terrible experience. My room was in the renovated North Tower, but I found crumbled and missing bathroom tiles, torn carpet and... worst of all... bed bugs.

On the second night of my four night stay, I noticed small red bumps on my arm. The next day I had tons of itchy red bed bug bites on my arms and stomach. Ugggggghhh. I contacted the hotel to notify them and super-washed everything in my suitcase.

Housekeeping is obviously lacking - two days out of the four, I didn't receive any washcloths and the bath towels I put on the floor to be replaced were folded and rehung (damp towels were the tip-off). I finally left a note with an extra tip asking for washcloths -- arrived back in the room to find the tip gone and no washcloths. Nice.

Beyond the rooms, the food and service are average. The meeting space seemed okay. Downtown Dallas isn't the best location, but at least some nicer parts of town are a quick cab ride away. Leave yourself 30 minutes to go to and from the airport.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. If you stay here, check for bed bugs.

Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Angleton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

Had very nice time the staff and everyone we encontered was just wonderful. The room was very confortable could not of asked for better service.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

The staff was knowledgable and friendly. The room was superb and immaculate. The overall experience was outstanding

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Wichita Falls, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

The Sheraton is ALWAYS my FIRST choice when I'm working in the downtown Dallas, TX area. ALL of the staff is friendly and accomodating and the rooms are very comfortable.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

I was in the DFW area for a meeting in May with a co-worker. We had just completed the BBQ-Brisket trail from the Austin area on Sunday and had 3 days of all day meetings, presentations, etc. for M-F. The Sheraton was an oasis of cool (both temps and tempers) but warm (hospitality). We fell right in. We met with clients and went out for dinner. Valet staff were very helpful and patient with us standing and parking in the area. Check in staff were helpful. I received an upgrade due to using valet parking service. We ended up going to the DFW Gun Range a few times and some local BBQ Brisket spots and Italian restaurants based upon recommendations from the Concierge. We enjoyed a fine Indiana spiced rum called Kracken (I highly recommend for sipping), We shot pool in the 1st floor sports bar in between watching Mavs games. I launched a ball off the table that landed on a ladys foot. Beware if you are in range. She said not a word and slowly walked away. Each day we would hit the exercise facility to burn a few of the zillion calories we put on each day. The facility was great, tons of cardio equipment, great views out the window into the shallow pool. The Rooms were very quiet and clean the bedding fluffy for great sleep, and plenty of AC power was on tap when needed. I hope the housing staff didnt mind all the greasy brisket paper wrapping I left in my suites antechamber. That stuff is great but its spooky oily/greasy when left to soak into the wrapper. I would recommend this facility for work and pleasure.

Room Tip: Ask and yee may receive, be witty, it cant hurt