“Four star hotel in downtown Dallas” 4 of 5 stars

The Joule, Dallas
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1530 Main Street, Dallas, TX 75201 (Downtown Dallas)   |
Ranked #3 of 188 hotels in Dallas
New York City
“Four star hotel in downtown Dallas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This hotel has the boutique quality so many others miss. Modern design in the lobby and rooms, it is intimate, stylish, and has some class. Perhaps among the finest in some areas, it lacks only the extreme sophistication and service of the very top class in hotels, and the uber-high price tag that corresponds. For the rest of us mere mortals, The Joule is a great escape for a night, a week, whatever. The rooms are cozy but refined in design. Once we determined how to work the thermostat (quiet and slow, but accurate) the room found the right temperature. Some guests may not enjoy the modern styling but my wife and I were quite fond of much of what the Joule had to offer. If we head back this way on business or pleasure, we'd be happy to return.

Tips: Parking is a challenge, I suggest the valet. Also, the restaurant downstairs is pricey with good food and excellent wine, but more traditional breakfast fare can be found a block away on foot, or try the coffee bar on the other end of the hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms have a city view, but higher floors offer more to enjoy.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
JouleDallas, General Manager at The Joule, Dallas, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you for the quality review of The Joule! I am delighted to hear you enjoyed our contemporary design of our property. Once again, thank you for the review and please do not hesitate to reach out directly with additional feedback or assistance in arranging your future Joule stay.

650 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Rockwall, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

First an explanation. Birthaversary is a birthday and anniversary rolled into one. I'm still recovering from an injury so we couldn't go on our usual trip for our wedding anniversary so we stayed at The Joule. We definitely had a great time at this beautiful hotel. From the prompt service by Victoria at check in all the way to the help that Maurice was able to provide for us we felt like they really cared about us having a great stay. Actually, Maurice helped us out a few times with things like finding the spa and good places to go on a Monday afternoon in Dallas. He definitely made our stay a better one. We are looking forward to our future stays here!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
JouleDallas, General Manager at The Joule, Dallas, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
To begin, happy birthaversary! I am delighted to hear The Joule helped in delivering a great stay and celebration. Both Victoria and Maurice are valuable assets to the hotel and help in creating exceptional stays at a beautiful hotel. We love knowing our local neighbors are able to come visit and enjoy a relaxing getaway. Many thanks for your quality feedback and we look forward to your future visits.

Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Spent one night at The Joule and made the most of it. This was helped by the hotel limo service that is provided to guests. I had a wonderful evening meal with a relative in a nice French restaurant; miles from the hotel. All made possible by the limo service at the hotel; never would have found the place left to my own devices. The room had a European feel, but the shower was all American...huge showerhead. Wonderful Bulgari bathroom products and fantastic towels. Had a drink in both the bar area and the lounge near reception, excellent wine list. Breakfast at the hotel was a little pricey, but the food was outstanding.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the kind review! Thoughtful care goes into the selection and delivery of our amenities and I am thrilled to hear they were well received. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to having you at The Joule in the near future.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I spent a whole week in Joule at the end of July. The hotel was absolutely beautiful, especially the swimming pool!

The receptionist Blanca was very warm hearted and helpful. She told me about the House car service so I don't have to walk to work under 100 degree weather. And because I have a very small bag so I keep my phone and hotel key card together, the key got demagnified every time...She always send the key up to me and always smiling. Another time, I was at the door waiting for my key, the hotel staff not only brought my key up and sent me a glass of champagne!! Carl was also very helpful, always help me with my luggage. Anyways, I highly recommend the hotel to anyone for business or leisure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the kind review and I am delighted The Joule assisted in creating a memorable Dallas experience. Our team takes pride in delivering exceptional service and Myron is a fantastic asset. Thank you again and we look forward to having you at The Joule in the future!

Cedar Hill, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I had a great time at the Joule. The concierge, Deborah set up everything for us. From the moment we walked in until we left, we didn't have to do a thing. I felt so special. It was just great!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Happy anniversary and thank you for the wonderful review! I am thrilled to know Deborah and our team delivered a unique and relaxing getaway. Once again, thank you for the feedback and we look forward to your return.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed at The Joule at the end of June 2013 for 4 nights and found accommodation and service to be exceptional. Hotel room was spotlessly clean and well appointed. Unlike the majority of high end hotels who charge for Internet usage the wi-fi in the room was free which was a big plus. Service at the hotel was simply exceptional. This hotel provides free transportation to anywhere within 5 miles radius from the hotel which we found to be very helpful. Especially I want to mention concierge Myron who provided us with answers to all our questions and personally drove us in complementary vehicle to and from shopping center. On our next trip to Dallas we will definitely stay at The Joule once again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Had a little weekend getaway to Dallas and was pleasantly surprised! The Joule service was outstanding from the moment we arrived until we negotiated a late check out. I will go back again and without a doubt stay at The Joule!

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for the review! I am happy to hear we provided a pleasant Dallas getaway. We hope to have you back in the near future and please do not hesitate to reach out directly for any assistance in arranging your return visit.

gm@thejouledallas.com

Been to The Joule, Dallas? Share your experiences!