“The Measuring Stick of All Hotels” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1530 Main Street, Dallas, TX 75201 (Downtown Dallas)   |
Ranked #3 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dallas, Texas
“The Measuring Stick of All Hotels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I cannot say enough about how beautiful this hotel is. From the room, to the amazing views, to the jaw dropping pool! What an amazing location, as well. It would be silly to stay here and not eat at the Charlie Palmer. Wow, delicious!!!!! Might I add that Jackie Barrie was as professional and as friendly as any human being can be. That is the kind of young lady that I want to see, first thing, when I go to a hotel of this standard. She represented that hotel like she owned it! When I buy my own hotel, I'm calling her first thing to run it for me :-) In the meantime, the next time, and there will be a next time, I visit this hotel I assure you I won't reserve a room unless she is there. Thank you, Jackie.

Room Tip: The corner room view is epic.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
JouleDallas, General Manager at The Joule, Dallas, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for your review! I am delighted to hear you enjoyed The Joule’s design, pool, dining and location. Without question we agree that Jackie is an invaluable member of our staff that helps in creating memorable experiences at The Joule. Once again, thank you and we eagerly await the opportunity to have you at The Joule in the future.

gm@thejouledallas.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I checked into your hotel Friday evening. From the minute I stepped into your lobby I felt the warmth and hospitality from the staff. The atomsphere was all geared to make sure my stay was prefect, and it was. The rooms design for sleep was outrageious from the bath area to the commode in different rooms . Wow!! The room was also sparkly clean . I like the touch of having the lifesavers, and for that matter, all the eminties. But all the perfect eminties do not matter if the service is not there. AND the service was great! A lot of places don't realize as consumers we have choices. My next chocie will be to stay with you in the cities I travel. I had the pleasure of speaking with Jackie Barrie when I made my reservation, and she was wonderful. She was so helpful with picking my rooms and making sure all my needs were met. I look forward to making my plans for my next stay at your wonderful hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of The Joule! We strive to accompany our uniquely designed hotel with attentively tailored service to each individual guest. As you mentioned, we recognize you have a choice and are honored you have chosen The Joule as your Dallas hotel. We look forward to your return visit and please do not hesitate if we may assist in any way.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My wife and I stay at the Joule every time we visit Dallas. The staff, especially, Myron, Tim, Gus and Rudy are a pleasure to deal with and are attentive to our every need. I can't recommend the hotel highly enough!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Accommodating you and your wife here at The Joule is an absolute pleasure. I am happy to know you are in the careful care of Myron, Tim, Gus, Rudy and the entire Joule team. Sincere thanks for your positive review and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I’ve never written a hotel review before, nor ever wanted to. I travel a lot, usually on business, and usually staying in 4- and 5-star hotels. I expect hotels to take some of the pains out of traveling, but I seldom remember any of them a few days after I check out. It takes something pretty special to make me wake up and actually notice the design, the staff, the food, etc. The Joule is the first hotel to do that for me in several years.
Yes, it’s right downtown (next to Neiman-Marcus if that’s important to you), and the room was excellent and well thought-out, down to details most hotels miss. But that’s not what sticks in my mind. It was the staff. Every high-end hotel I stay at has trained their staff to be polite, efficient, even friendly. But the staff at the Joule are different. People were not merely polite, but were positively welcoming, eager to make you feel that you weren’t just passing through, that you’re not just a customer with an ID code (“Staying 2 nights; keeps to himself; bad tipper”) stamped on his forehead.
Not only was every member of the staff efficient and polite, but *genuinely* friendly, and not in a cloying, professional way that gets on your nerves. I am convinced the entire staff goes to a training camp where they are given some exotic drug that makes them think each guest is actually a long-lost family member come home to visit. Here’s an example: When was the last time you enjoyed checking in? I’m serious. At most hotels I wish I could check in the same way I check out: automatically, without stopping at the Front Desk. Quick and painless would suit me fine. But Debora, Lauren, and Victoria turned that routine, uninteresting chore into a truly pleasant experience.
Dallas was the last stop on my journey this time, so I had a stack of special requests: packages to be mailed, shopping I needed to do, and so on. Each request brought not just instant attention, but personal, how-can-I-make-sure-this-is-done-right? concern. I began to wonder if aliens had taken over the hotel as part of an upcoming invasion plan – they got everything just right except that they overdid it: offering sincere, personal service 24/7 is a dead giveaway. We humans just don't act that way.
Got to mention this: When I said I needed to buy some baseball gear for my son back home, and asked if the staff could recommend the right store and call me a taxi, Blanca wouldn’t hear of it. “Please use the hotel car,” she said. “Your driver’s name is Kyle, and he’ll gladly take you anywhere downtown. I’m sure he can help you find what you’re looking for.” Indeed, Kyle not only took me exactly where I needed to go, but when we got to the store and I wasn’t sure about what to get, he gladly came into the store with me, helped me find exactly what I needed in 5 min. flat, and whisked me back to the Joule in air-conditioned comfort. Like everyone else I met there, he was more than efficient, more than polite; he didn’t just do his job well, he put himself into it and made it personal. I see other reviews here mention equally good experiences with him. Whatever they're paying him, it isn't enough.
I shouldn’t close without mentioning the restaurant. Charlie Palmer’s is justifiably famous for its good food, but there, too, the staff and the service outshone the menu. A special hat-tip to Courtney in particular. If she were managing Guest Relations for the hotel instead of serving breakfast in the restaurant, I suspect the Joule would be booked to capacity 365 days a year.
Of course, no organization as big as a hotel is perfect, and no matter what great reviews you read about any establishment, you know your mileage may vary. However, based on my stay and what I saw other guests enjoying, I would give the Joule five-and-a-half stars. I will definitely schedule another business trip to Dallas – whether I have business there or not.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on The Joule. Every member of our staff aims to deliver genuine and quality service to each of our guests with no detail uncovered. I am overjoyed to hear you received above and beyond hospitality at every moment while staying with us. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to hosting you upon your return to Dallas!

Rockport, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband and I chose the Joule due to its proximity to Baylor Medical. Our stay was lengthened by 10 days. What could have been stressful, turned into a nurtured safe haven.

Clint, Kyle, Myron, Blanca, Sony, Victoria, Ivory, Deborah, Rudie watched over us throughout our stay. Every recommendation they made was spot on.

We enjoyed this chic boutique hotel so very much, 2 couples came to join us.
We will be back, next time by pure choice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Many thanks for your review of The Joule. Our team strives to provide exceptional service and an environment of comfort and relaxation. It is a delight knowing a potentially stressful stay became a home away from home while at The Joule. Once again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to the welcoming you back to The Joule.

Sachse, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed at The Joule the night of our wedding and it was awesome. However, the best part was when Kyle drove us home. Not only did he get us to our house but he also picked up our friend, took that friend back to the reception location, and changed his flat tire. He went above and beyond his job description. I would recommend The Joule simply because of Kyle!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
JouleDallas, General Manager at The Joule, Dallas, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review and congratulations on your wedding! Kyle is vital to the team here at The Joule – he is fantastic and always ready and willing to go above and beyond to deliver exceptional service to our guests. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and thank you for the recommendation.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I visited this hotel just for a weekend get away. Being from Dallas, but now living in Atlanta, I had no idea that the Joule was so chic. The pictures will never do it justice. From the moment I pulled up I felt like royalty. The smell of the hotel is awesome. I was greeted by the best hotel staff ever. My room was second to none and the shower...amazing! The pool is a must see. laying under the stars enjoying a drink with friends and guest...this is the life. I did not want to leave, ever! I have compared every hotel I've stayed in since the Joule. As far as the price, I got a great deal, which included airfare and car. So shop around and compare its worth it! And one day when I'm rich Ill reserve the $5,000 suite. YOU HAVE TO STAY HERE WHEN YOU COME TO DALLAS!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
JouleDallas, General Manager at The Joule, Dallas, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for the kind review! We are happy to know we delivered an urban oasis of relaxation in the heart of Downtown Dallas for your weekend escape. Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to having you at The Joule during your next Dallas visit.

gm@thejouledallas.com

Been to The Joule, Dallas? Share your experiences!