“Cool themed hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Great service.
Clean
Good food
Cool rooftop pool

I had a great time at this hotel. I was there meeting some friends for business. The weather was great and we spent most of our time around the pool. On the weekend, there was great pool side service, a DJ spinning, ...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The Joule is a boutique hotel in downtown Dallas with five-star service. The pool/bar area is very cool -- the pool has a glass wall so that jealous pedestrians below look up and snap photos. The rooms are very nice, and the bed was perfect.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the The Joule suites, which was nice.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
DeSoto, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I had a wonderful weekend getaway in my own city....Myron did a great job of taking care of all of our needs. I would recommend this place to everyone and plan on returning very soon. Do not leave this place without trying the great breakfast, we ordered and 10 mins later it was hot and at our door.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

From the moment we walked into the door at the Joule and received our glass of champagne I knew that my wife and I were in for a great evening. Not getting to spend to much one on one time with my wife of 20 years I was looking forward to this evening like you wouldn't beleive and I truly was not disapointed!
The room itself was so spectacular...comfortable with a lot of style and substance...it actually reminded us both of a hotel we had stayed in Madrid:)
The guys at the front desk were great particularly, Myron who gave us some great tips on where we could go for some nibbles and drinks and the place he referred us to THE STONE STREET MARTINI LOUNGE was out of this world.
So a wonderful evening where I got to reaquaint myself with my wife in a superb luxorious hotel:)
I WILL BE BACK!!!

GP

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mayville, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Phenomenal service from bell hop, check in, room service, evening turndown, to bar. The rooms are fantastic, clean with separate bedroom and living space, and a large bathroom. The only negative is the cost. At $400 a night after tax, I was thankful my company covered the bill. Given there was construction outside I probably would have expected a lower rate.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Amsterdam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I'm just one of the common people who enjoys staying in a fancy hotel like The Joule a few nights per year. Although the area where the hotel is located is not very alive, I was looking forward to the pool. Unfortunately the pool on the roofterras was closed and the rooms where not that impressive, but the bellboy (sorry, forgot his name) and the concierge (Clint) were the best!. Just like I expected from a Starwood Hotel they took that extra step to make me feel special. It's the staff, not the venue that made the stay a real experience. A big applause for the staff of this hotel, especially Clint!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Richardson, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

From the minute you pull up curb side, to the bittersweet goodbye bid to the valet as you depart, the level of service and quality at The Joule is palpable. Everyone I encountered, from the valet attendant to the lobby concierge to the bar tender clearly have a sense of pride in The Joule and hold the guest experience in focus.

My wife and I both work downtown and planned a stay at The Joule for a much-needed quality date night away from the house and kids. She checked us in and we met up at the roof-top "poole" bar before the show we were going to at the Majestic (which is an easy four-block stroll). It was a cool night but the way the pool and bar are set up, you could enjoy the space even if it were snowing outside. Very unique and very pleasant. We had a drink and appetizers served to us, the fine cheeses and meats were delicious. And finally, a bartender who would make a martini MY way instead of his way! Evening off to a great start.

So, off to our show we go. My wife checked us in to our room and I had been running late so I had not seen our room until after the show. Was I ever into a tremendous surprise. The room was breathtaking in quality, through and through. I understand that it was recently renovated and WOW, what a success story this is. Very modern with lots of stone, hardwood and glass but very warm and comfortable and with the perfect use of soft area rugs, carpeting and well-chosen furniture pieces.

We came back to "the poole" and bar after the show and dinner for another drink and dozed easily in the huge comfy "bed chairs" at poolside, to the soft rumbling sounds of downtown. Really a nice time.

I have to reserve a separate paragraph for the bedding. I have stayed in many, many hotels through business travel, vacations, or what have you. The hotel building itself can be beautiful, have the best restaurants and service but if the bed and bedding is not of equal quality, the experience falls flat. When you think about it, you spend the majority of your time at the hotel IN BED. It is clear that the bed and the bedding at The Joule had been selected by someone who truly LOVES being in bed the way we do. We didn't want to leave and felt a little teary eyed and empty inside when we had to leave it (okay, a little dramatic, but we LOVED the bedding, okay??). The perfect number and size and weight of the pillows. The weight of the sheets and covers are just right. Pure white gives a feeling of clean. The bed itself was perfection as well, down the firmness and lighting. I could not have asked for a better experience.

This is a clear representative of the fact that the guest experience at The Joule is thoroughly thought through, considered and detail-focused. Which is the difference between a good hotel and a great hotel. And this, my brothers, is a great hotel.

As a side note, the Main Street address of The Joule could not be better for a downtown location. There are dozens of culinary choices within five to ten minutes walk from The Joule, and we found one perfect to our mood (see my review of The Dallas Fish Market) for dinner after the show at the Majestic. The next morning, on the recommendation of the valet attendant, we went right across the street to Sol Irlandes (also see my review) for brunch. It was really, really good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple