“Nice stay at the Joule” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 188 hotels in Dallas
Frisco, Texas
“Nice stay at the Joule”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We stayed here to celebrate a friend's birthday, and it is a very nice hotel!

We booked a suite & it was very spacious. My only negative comment is that the suite we had was a tad worn out (downstairs furniture & curtains)...overall, nothing to gripe about. However, management should show their suites more attention to ensure that things are always in great condition.

The Joule is a trendy hotel in a great area of Downtown Dallas, with a hip flair!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

620 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed fot three nights during the weekend.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel has a small but nice pool on the roof, it was crowded when we arrived. The pool bar service and drinks and good but the food is average and without much to choose from.

The rooms are nicely appointed, elegant but just a little small. They do not have an in room coffee maker and you cannot black it out. There is a white curtain on the window between the shower and the washbasin that allows light to pass inside the room. Not a good thing if you want to sleep until late in the morning.

The hotel signature restaurant is ok, but you also have great restaurant options around the hotel. We tried several on the neighborhood. (The Chop House Burger was a great surprise...)

At the time we stayed they did not have a spa but they where remodeling the side building, more rooms and a new spa are on the way.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

This was my first stay at the Joule hotel in downtown Dallas, but it won't be my last. This hotel has a boutique feel centrally located to high end shopping and fine dining. Upon arrival, I was greeted by the friendly and available valet staff. Next, I had a pleasantly fabulous front desk experience with Ricky. Ricky was efficient and very knowledgeable about the area. He went above and beyond to answer my questions about relocating to the area. My actual stay at the hotel was quite delightful...the quaint and quite rooms provided just the type of retreat that I needed for the weekend. Overall, I had a great experience that was enhanced by great staff from my check-in with Ricky to my check-out with Myron. I will see you all again soon!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Richmond, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

This was by far one of the most relaxing get aways I've had in a long time! From the time we arrived the staff went out of their way to make sure our stay was amazing! Mark personally arranged my massage with the therapist as well as recommending and arranging dinner plans for us off site (makeing sure the other restaurant new it was our anniversary). They offer a car to take you close by places, which is nice with the heat of the summer and Bryce was an exceptional driver! This experience makes me want to come up with more reasons to travel to Dallas just to stay here!

Room Tip: They are currently making renovations and building more rooms, so if you want to sleep late, make su...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Norwalk, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This was my first stay at this hotel but will not be my last. In town with a convention and experience was much better than those I knwo staying at the Omni, Fairmont and Sheraton. Complimentary Escalade will take you where ever you need to go in town. Rooms were great, health club larger and uncrowded with plenty of equiment. Pool scene was great. I found the staff to be extrememely helpful and friendly. Charlie Palmer restaurant in the hotel as well as many great restaurants within walking distance.
When I return this is where I will stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We stayed at the Joule last weekend...and I have to say we were very impressed. We go to Dallas to visit my son about every 6-8 weeks - and we like to stay in nice places and are willing to spend the money...though we are usually disappointed. Not here. The staff were professional and friendly. We had a problem with the TV and someone came up instantly to fix it. Breakfast was included and it was excellent. The pool was fun and the bar staff was great.
One star held back because of some confusion over the pool. We asked if my cousin and her husband could join us at the pool. They said we could have two guests and anyone over that was $40 per person. I said OK, well, our son is also with us so we need one extra. She said she would not charge our son. So we were given 5 wrist bands for pool access and we spent about $350 at the pool on drinks and food. When we checked out there was a charge for 2 wristbands for $80.
But overall I felt like I was staying in a nice place and we were treated with the courtesy and professionalism. The bed was very comfy and the room was cool and quiet and very clean.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I frequently stay at the Joule for business. It is located in downtwon Dallas right off of main and is a terrific hotel if you have work neraby. The staff is extremely professional and has a can do attitude. The rooms are nicely done with terrific bedding, very sound proofed rooms, and great air conditioning which is a must in the summer months. The restaurant downstairs is run by Chef Charlie Plamer and has great food and an affordable breakfast and lunch offering targteting business travellers. The hotel is also located near some nice other restaurants, some high end like the Dallas Fish Market and others more low end (e.g., Tuk Tuk a greta Thai place around the corner). Lastly, the Joule has a complimentary shuttle service within a nearby radius which is veyr convenient.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Joule, Dallas? Share your experiences!