“Something's always wrong” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Atlanta, United States
“Something's always wrong”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

In four stays, something is always wrong: no water, can't turn on shower, refrigerator makes loud noises in the middle of the night, and the front desk doesn't answer when I need help. This hotel is close to my family; otherwise I would not go back.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

WyndhamRep, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Love Field, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Louise F,

Thank you for taking time to review our property on Trip Advisor. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the issues you have experienced during your recent stays with us. These are certainly not the standards we strive to reach each and every day.

Unfortunately, we did have to replace two water pipes last week, which led to the water being out for a bit. However, I assure you the issue has been fixed.

I have passed along your comments to the Rooms Director so that he can properly train his staff as well. If at all possible, please give us a call and let us know when you stayed here so that we can make sure the Agents who were on property at the time are corrected, as well as have the Maintenance department check the shower and refrigerator in your room.

We appreciate your feedback and hope this does not deter you from staying with us again in the future.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hey what a great place to stay .... Rooms are great and if you lucky enough to get a room with a balcony sunset drinks while watching Jets arrive and depart from Dallas Love Field is any Aviation enthusiasts dream !
If it something more livelt you after head down to the fantastic hotel pub where everyone one meets for drinks before getting on with their evening plans.
The menu is simple but great I strongly advise the Texan burger if you feel like a real treat ?
The breakfast buffet is designed to impress with a bit of a mexican flavour so if you lie the hot stuff definitely don't miss this.
Jeremy the GM is a regular card with a joke or quip for every moment and always around at meal times to make sure his staff are delivering the ultimate customer experience. Nothing better to make you feel like a super star when the GM offers you a complimentary sundowner or two at the end of a tough day.
What more can I say we were there for 10 day's and didn't want to leave no matter where you need to be in Dallas I would suggest staying here and getting around by hire car. Just a great experience.

Room Tip: If you can swing a good rate try get 4th floor or if not a high level east facing room
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Andrew H,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding DoubleTree by Hilton Dallas Love Field on Trip Advisor! I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We certainly look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Lonoke, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I recently stayed at this hotel for three nights on business. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful, room was spacious and comfortable, and the restaurant, including an awesome breakfast buffet, was excellent. I noticed that every staff member greets guests in a friendly manner and makes you feel like they are all there to make your stay pleasant. I am picky about linens and pillows, and the linens on the bed were of high quality and I slept very well. The lobby is well-appointed and has a coffee bar and is perfect for meetings of two or three people or for relaxing with a cup of coffee and catching up on emails. Very nice hotel!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
WyndhamRep, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Love Field, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Bpguest123,

Thank you for taking time to review DoubleTree by Hilton Dallas Love Field on Trip Advisor. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit with us!

Our number one goal is to ensure that our guests feel welcome and at home when they are here with us and I'm pleased to hear that our staff succeeded in making your stay a pleasant one. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the various departments. I'm also happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the Lobby Cafe! It is definitely convenient when wanting to relax and catch up on various tasks.

We appreciate your business and hope you'll choose us again on your next trip to Dallas!

Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This Wyndham Hotel was recently taken over by Hilton and is now branded a Double Tree. Some changes have been made and have stayed a few times as a Wyndham but first time as a Double Tree. You can see that they are starting to upgrade the hotel. Floors 6-7 were designated as Hilton Hhonors floors and rooms were well maintained. As a diamond member, I received a small bottle of red wine and a special cookie that evening and a note from the GM. (Nice touch)
Overall, excellent stay.
Complaints- 2- Not major 1) 1 of the elevators wasn't working. Had to wait a few times at least 4 minutes especially during busy times. 2) Internet was not very good. (I know they were working on it but during my visit it was horrible)

Would I stay there again. You bet......

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Mrhabs,

Thank you for taking time to review our property on Trip Advisor. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the red wine was a nice addition!

Please accept my apologies regarding the issues you experienced with the elevators and the internet. One of the elevators was out of order but I assure you, the Engineering department has corrected the issue and all of the elevators are up and running now! With regards to the internet, if you don't mind, please contact the hotel directly and let us know the room number you stayed in. We recently upgraded our system to meet the standards required by Hilton and we want to ensure that this issue is corrected so that it does not happen again in the future.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we hope to see you again soon!

Atlanta, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My stay at this hotel was very good. The staff was friendly and this hotel offered free internet which is a plus. The hotel also has some free parking. Overall, I had a good experience. The warm cookies at check-in was above what I expected, and I appreciated that lever of service. The restaurant on premise had good food and the service was very good.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Everol F,

Thank you for taking time to review DoubleTree by Hilton Dallas Love Field on Trip Advisor. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We aim to offer the exceptional customer service one would expect from a Hilton brand hotel and I'm happy to hear that our staff succeeded!

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again next time your travels bring you to Dallas.

Breckenridge, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A new property acquired by DoubleTree and adjacent to Dallas Love Field. The staff exceeds expectations in courtesy and authentic hospitality. We frequent the hotel to access travel between our home in Texas and Colorado. Excellent blend of convenient location and service. We were made to feel at home.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Harold J,

Thank you so much for taking time to review DoubleTree by Hilton Dallas Love Field on Trip Advisor. Your positive comments regarding the property and the staff are greatly appreciated! We understand how tiring traveling can be so I'm glad to hear our staff made you feel at home. We hope for the chance to continue to do so in the future!

Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The room was well appointed and I was impressed by the soundproofing, given we were right next to the airport. The complimentary breakfast buffet that was included in our stay was exceptional - customized omelets, smoked salmon, fresh fruit, etc, etc.
The front desk staff seemed a little sleepy. I had directed some correspondence here ahead of my stay and they could find no record and did not seem to have a system of filing this type of thing. While the beds were very comfortable, my wife complained about the pillows. The air conditioning/fan in the room (connected to the window) noisily starts and stops all night, waking a lighter sleeper. The A/C issue may be common to DoubleTree hotels, since I have experienced this before.
I used a combination of points and additional payment which made this very good value, but I might have been less pleased had I payed full price.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
WyndhamRep, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Love Field, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
BrianJSpain,

Thank you for taking time to review our property on Trip Advisor.

I'm excited to hear that you found the breakfast buffet to be to your liking! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and we want our guests to start their days with full stomachs!

Please accept my apologies regarding the lack of organization you experienced with the front desk. I assure you we do have a system for filing mail and packages that guests receive and I will forward this to the Front Office Manager so that the Front Desk staff can be properly re-trained on this procedure. With regards to the A/C unit, I will also forward this to the Chief Engineer so that he can have his staff check the programming of the units in hopes of finding a solution to the noise.

Your feedback is appreciated and we hope to see you again the next time you're in Dallas.

Jeremy Millar

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Love Field? Share your experiences!