“Seems understaffed lately” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 189 Hotels in Dallas
Texas
“Seems understaffed lately”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have stayed here many times because it is right at the entrance to Dallas Love Field. When Wyndham took over from Holiday Inn a number of years ago, there was a major renovation and the rooms are still very nice. But the level of service has declined over the last couple of years. Reservations sometimes doesn't get my name right even when I try to tell them my Wyndham Rewards number. On this latest visit, they gave me a room with two queen beds instead of one king, making the seating area of the room very cramped. Yes, *I realize that the type of room cannot be guaranteed, but in this instance the hotel was clearly not very full and when I called down to the desk to ask about getting a king room they said none were available. I don't believe that. I also called to the desk again to tell them that the florescent lamp next to the bed was sputtering and sparking. Nobody came to check. I called again a few hours later and they said they couldn't reach their maintenance guy but someone would check first thing in the morning. Someone removed the light bulb some time while I was out the next day. So, that next afternoon, all I had was a non-working lamp with no bulb. After my third complaint, a maintenance man did arrive a few minutes later to check the lamp and provide a new bulb. I know that these things (and one or two others not worth mentioning) are all trivial, and I will say that I do continue to regard this hotel overall as a comfortable and convenient place to stay, but I have truly noticed a progressing decline in attention to details and my guess is that the property may be understaffed.

Room Tip: Until 9pm or 10pm you can hear airplanes landing or taking off (depending on which runways are in us...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
York, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I had previously stayed at this hotel and was very surprised when I checked in and the room although clean and comfortable was not what I expected. I found out that only the rooms in the top floors have the large walk in showers and larger sized rooms. We were graciously moved to one of these rooms where we stayed for three nights. Apparently these are their executive level rooms so I recommend that you look for that when booking. In my opinion, these rooms and the convenient location are what warrants the slightly higher price. The rooms on the lower floors to me are not worth the $100+ per night rate. They have a very nice breakfast buffet with great food and when ordering coffee, they actually bring you a whole pot of coffee and even take out cups if you want to take a cup along. The restaurant, which is actually a sports bar, has obnoxious TV sets everywhere with the volume set too high for my taste. Frankly I would prefer soft music or no sound at all at breakfast time. The staff everywhere is as nice as can be and the hotel (except for the parking lot) was very clean.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the upper floors
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
enid
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Everything was great except the strong urine smell in the toilet area. We had to keep door closed, but then what a horrible surprise when we opened it. reported to housekeeping next day. no improvement left 4th day.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Been to Wyndham Dallas Love Field? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wyndham Dallas Love Field

Address: 3300 West Mockingbird Lane, Dallas, TX 75235
Location: United States > Texas > Dallas
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#13 Business Hotel in Dallas
#17 Romantic Hotel in Dallas
#18 Family Hotel in Dallas
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Wyndham Dallas Love Field 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Wyndham, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Wyndham Dallas Love Field reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wyndham Dallas Love Field Hotel Dallas
Holiday Inn Dallas

If you own or manage Wyndham Dallas Love Field, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.