“Thank You for making our trip memorable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of MCM Elegante Hotel and Suites

Save Saved
You added MCM Elegante Hotel and Suites to your Saves list
MCM Elegante Hotel and Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2330 W Northwest Highway, Dallas, TX 75220 (Northwest Dallas-love Field)   |
Ranked #35 of 188 hotels in Dallas
Sydney, Australia
“Thank You for making our trip memorable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed at the MCM Elegante on our trip to the USA in May 2013. We would definitely stay there again and would recommend them. From the shuttle pick up from the airport through to dropping us at the train station the next day, the staff could not do enough for us. Our meal the night we arrived was very good value and the complimentary buffet breakfast was very good. Being an Aussie I need my cup of tea in the morning and that also was no trouble to the staff. The rooms were clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor and it was perfect.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

181 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Brookline, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed at the MCM Elegante during the last Dallas Market in June, and I am definitely staying there again this year! The hotel is comfortable, affordable, and the management and staff go out of their way to make their guests experience a good one. The breakfast buffet is very good, and the bar (and the bartender!) have a good vibe. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for good value and exceptional service. They also have shuttle service from the airport, which is another big plus!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Ovilla, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

As chairman of a non-profit fund raiser for Habitat for Humanity, I had been kicked out of another hotel because they got a more profitable event on my weekend. I had one week to find another location. I talked with many hotels. The Elegante was the next to last on my list from the Convention Bureau. When I walked in with a committee member, we were welcomed warmly by staff and the General Manager. I told my story and what I needed. We reached an agreement immediately. I have chaired this type of convention since the early 90's. This is the FIRST G.M. I have EVER met in all the hotels that have held the event. The service is exceptional. Many of the employees have been with the hotel since it was purchased from Radison. The free breakfast is great. Something for everyone. The tables have tablecloths and linen napkins. The restaurant is very affordable and the food is good for lunch and dinner. The bar is a great gathering place and Jackie is the best bartender ever! The amenities rank right up there with much more expensive hotels. I am returning in 2014 for the 6th convention. The people coming in love the hotel. A couple from Europe this year rated it the best hotel ever - and they have stayed in a lot of hotels throughout the world. Enough said.

Room Tip: All hotels have noisy a/c units, so there is no help there. I stay on the concierge level, and I wo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Clean, comfortable rooms, excellent customer service. The staff cannot do enough for you. Hearty breakfast buffet and a good selection of evening meals to choose from. Wifi is a little sketchy and the computers in the Business center could do with updating but all in all it was adequate for all but the serious gamer's needs. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I started worrying about this property when I drove up and saw two employees sitting by the entrance smoking.
Lobby is OK with a very nice host who was polite and friendly.
Room was a Cabana suite on the second floor with no elevator (like an old holiday inn) asking about elevator got a rude answer from another desk clerk. "its only a few steps" . The room was spacious and was probably very nice when it was refurbished. The room is now showing its age. The room was not being maintained well at all. There was some type of tar on an end table that could be removed with a little effort as I washed off half of it. The microwave was disgusting with dryed food remants on the door and front of machine. Toilet would not flush properly which I find curious wondering how the bowl was cleaned before I got the room. My biggest complaint in bathrooms is mold and this one had fresh mold in the bathtub.
Noise is a huge problem. The front room is on the pool and as expected it is noisy while the area is open which is acceptable. The bedroom was very noisy with road noise and the garbage men emptying bins at around 3:00am.
They have a generous happy hour (four drinks from 4:30 to 6:00pm) and a decent breakfast buffet but again cleanliness is an issue. I watched one of the cooks bus a table with bare hands and sweep debri from the table on the floor. The table was not washed between customers. I stopped eating quickly when I saw this wondering what was going on in the kitchen if they displayed this type of behavior in public.
The property has a lot of potential but because of the lack of maintenance and the general run down atmosphere I will not return until they get thier act together.

Room Tip: Stay out of Cabana rooms backing up to the IHOP. The noise is awful.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

stayed here for a 2 days on a function with my company. The hotel was a bit dated looking on the outside and the initial impression of the area as you drive up to the hotel may seem a bit unsafe, It is not. This was a way convienant place, Ihop next door, another 200 feet past the ihop is a gas station with a store inside for food and refeshments. NICE!! across the street is a starbucks and wafflehouse. Just a few blocks away is restaurant row that will please everyone, the hotel will shuttle you there and back when they are available to do this, the hotel is not large. It does have a resaturant and bar and both are very nice. Food was good and the drink prices are consistent with hotel prices. the room was clean and comfortable, LCD tv.s a microwave and refrigerator as well as a coffee maker in the room. the Water was pretty much instantly hot for a shower, good amenities for bathroom use. I liked this hotel everyone was friendly. I was right next to the elevator, but I cannot remember hearing it at all. The room was quiet except for the a/c which was a bit noisy. I would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: upper rooms were even quiester than the 2nd floor room I was on.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Knightdale, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We missed our connection and had to stay over in Dallas. American Airlines set us up with a pre-negotiated rate at this hotel. Although we had to take a smoking room, the room itself was quite clean. It had a very comfortable bed, soft sheets, thick towels and didn't smell overwhelmingly of smoke. We ordered room service which came quickly and was quite good.

It's conveniently beside an IHOP. Also, there were a lot of "gentleman's clubs" along the road it's on which was initially concerning. However, once we arrived, we felt quite safe and not skeezy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to MCM Elegante Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!