“Wouldn't suggest this place” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Dallas - Market Center

You added Extended Stay America - Dallas - Market Center to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Dallas - Market Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2979 North Stemmons Fwy, Dallas, TX 75247 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Dallas - Market Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #133 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
Anchorage, Alaska
“Wouldn't suggest this place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Stayed for 6 days. The front desk staff was nice and helpful but I overheard the manager yell (I actually mean yell) at two different people ( A taxi driver and a member of the housekeeping staff). Not very professional if you ask me. We were upgraded to a bigger room because the original one we booked was occupied. The room while big was quite old. The appliances are old, the dish set consisted of, 3 forks, 3 spoons, 2 butterknifes (All mismatched), 3 bowls, 3 large and small plates, a old dented frying pan and a sauce pan. My daughter accidently rubbed her hand on the bed post and it was covered with dust. So I took a closer look and eveything above eye level was covered in dust. While they tell you that if you stay less than a week you do not get housekeeping (I personally think is a horrible thing) but they didn't say anything about the hallways and stairways not getting cleaned. If I was not part of a group that stayed here I would have moved.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Owner at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Market Center, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Dallas - Market Center. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies. We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why our mission is to provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price that guests want to come back to. The room condition you describe is totally unacceptable to me and not at all representative of our quality standards. In response to your post, I have met with our hotel staff and used your review to help coach them on room cleaning and inspection policy.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I used the Extended Stay suites for an overnight stay, not an extended one, but I thought it would work for its intended purpose very well. The room was well-designed, with thought given to everything from the bath to the kitchen and the bedroom area. The bed was very firm but easy to sleep on. A full-size fridge was a bonus for an overnight guest like myself. Noise off I-35E was not a factor inside the room. The A/C worked fine for early March; for mid-August, I think it might struggle, but I can't say that for sure. Definitely a bargain for my $30 bid via Priceline!

The area doesn't have much to offer -- no restaurants or real shopping around, unless you go behind it a bit to Dallas' Design District for home decor and furnishings. As far as safety goes, I had no problems and saw nothing to raise any concerns.

The room does have a full-size fridge, as well as a stove and a microwave. I'm not sure where the nearest grocery is, but you could certainly "eat in" and save some money. And like I said, I got the room for a $30 bid for a Friday night stay.

Only real "con": Its exit off Commonwealth can be difficult to reach if you're coming down I-35E because of merging traffic right before that interchange -- you're in the right lane, then you're two lanes away all of a sudden. You might exit Inwood and promptly get lost!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

Here for 2 months. Friendly staff. Some cleaning staff issues, only cleaned every othet week, when payed for weekly. Biggest issue, be sure to watch your clothes wash and dry. I left to grab something out of my room, 2 doors down to 2 weeks worth of clothing stolen. Not impressed with how staff handled it, nothing came of it. Therefore, out $300+. Had to buy other kitchen things, as it was not provided will not recommend this at all!

• Stayed September 2011
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

For the price and location this place is great they treat you like its is home. The rooms are clean and nice size. This is not a fancy hotel if that is what you are looking for its just a nice clean place to stay the night at a good rate.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

This is an excellent place to stay. Excellent features with full size kitchen, study desk, good lightinng, laundry and gym facilities. Staff were excellent. Very helpful.

• Stayed November 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

This hotel has nice rooms and great service. Very helpful. It's a good location in that it's only 3 miles from the airport. This is the best place I've stayed in Dallas and I'm there frequently on business trips.

• Stayed November 2011
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

I was going there for a convention and Hotel Anatole was sold out. The closest available hotel was Extended Stay. Booked it because ratings show 3.5 stars. Well, this is false. This hotel does not deserve more than 1 star. It has roaches, and I killed two or three of them. The carpet was extremely dirty with burnt mark and foul smell. The bed was not comfortable. It is definitely not a deluxe hotel. This is not a home away from home.

Room Tip: Hotel Anatole was a great hotel. I would pay this extra amount to be at this hotel if they only hav...