“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 190 Hotels in Dallas
Houston
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2010

This was an excellent Hotel and comes highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (485)
Coweta, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2010

My wife and I have stayed here twice. Both times we stayed in the queen suite room. The main reason why we stay here is the location! Right in the middle of downtown! Within walking distance to several restaurants/bars/clubs! Check ins have always been a breeze! Elevators seem a little old and slow, not bad though. Complimentary beer and wine in the evenings, milk and cookies at night, and a cont. breakfast! Rooms have always been clean, and ready. Valet is always very fast and helpful! Very highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2010

Being a first time visitor to Dallas I read the reviews on the Magnolia before booking and have to say all of the positive reviews were right on mark. What a great experience and place to stay! I would have to say any negative reviews are from folks that were having a bad day to begin with. I will definitely return!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Hot Springs, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2010

This a a beautiful old hotel. It has been updated to feel modern but it still maintains it's old charm. The room was nicely appointed and the beds were very comfortable. The value for the money you spend is top notch. The Club Room was great, very nice ambience. The cookies and milk at night is an excellent touch. It was quite a hit with my ten year old daughter. My only complaint was the noise. Our 14th floor room overlooked a major downtown street and buses drove by every 2 minutes. There was also some sort of congregating spot just below us and people were screaming until at least 2 am. I don't know if this is an nightly occurence or we just happened to be lucky enough that some crazy people decided to scream for four hours while we were there. Next time, I would ask for a room on the other side of the hotel.

Denton TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2010

Yes the breakfast could have been better, but it was included, as well as the happy hour; however, the selection was Bud, Bud Light, and Miller Light, Cab, Merlot, Chardonay, and White Zinfindal - all cheap and poor taste, but if you are just there to get drunk I am sure you still can -yuk! Excellent cookies, nice room, and great location to good food.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Ddot_10
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2010

I stayed at the Magnolia Hotel when in Dallas on business. I was also visiting the FIG and the hotel was in close proximity to there and other places I would have to visit during my stay. From the time I arrived everyone was helpful. When I say everyone, I mean EVERYONE. From the valet attendants, the front desk personnel, to the bartender. The first night I arrived back to the hotel after the “bedtime snack” (cookies) had been served, but I had this chocolate craving that would not stop. I was told by the guy at the front desk to just go upstairs to the bartender and he’d be happy to get the cookies for me. Well I did, and he was! The bartender also took care of me the next night when I felt a little cold trying to come on, so I had a couple cups of hot tea. There was also a new Club Room manager, his name leaves me right now, but he is super friendly. The only "buyer beware" I'd have to share is that there are a few homeless folks in the area. However, I can say that I did not feel unsafe and I did a lot of walking in the area. All in all, this was a great place to stay and I’m sure I’ll be back!

Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2010

This is an older hotel, but it absolutely fits into that "Classic" category.

I was a little worried, I read some reviews complaining about the elevators. I stayed on the 20th floor and the elevators were quick and efficient. But note...there are plaques in each car that explain that the hotel is older, and the elevators sometimes are not the quickest, but they are maintained and safe! I had no issues with the elevators.

The room was awesome, with a very clean bathroom, comfortable bed, and nice sitting area.

You should def hit up the reception, the bar staff was great.

The bedtime cookies were awesome. These are not packaged cookies...they were outstanding. (tip: if you have dinner nearby, skip the desert and head back to the hotel before 10p .... cookies and coffee are perfect!)

I expected a very basic breakfast....I was wrong! Breakfast was full and enough for me to skip lunch!

Overall a great hotel with perks that make it well worth the rates!

(note: I stayed at the Adolphus, right next door, a few weeks prior and the Magnolia outshines the Adolphus without a doubt!)

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Magnolia Hotel Dallas? Share your experiences!