“I love this place.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 188 Hotels in Dallas
Pikesville, Maryland
“I love this place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

This was second time at the Magnolia. The first time was years ago, but it was just as good as I remembered. Service is great and the staff is friendly and helpful. The free breakfast is actually good - and more than just bagels and coffee! You can't beat two free drinks and half price menu items at happy hour. And fresh baked cookies, milk and coffee to top off the evening! These folks have thought of everything! Oh, and the rooms are nice too - comfy beds, high ceilings and large tubs. I honestly can't think of one negative thing to say about them.

Room Tip: The inner rooms are a little dark (near the elevators) so you may want to ask before they assign you...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (457)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

The Magnolia is probably one of the best hotels in the Dallas area. It just "feels like home" from the moment that you walk into your space. I've had the pleasure of staying in a number of different floor plans and they all are very well appointed. On this latest trip they put me in a suite where I had a separate kitchenette, dining area, entertainment area and my bedroom was separate from the main area. It was AWESOME! I stay here for business trips mainly and the whole atmosphere is very soothing. I didn't do breakfast this time, but I have in the past and it's tasty. The evening reception is nice as well. How many hotels provide "free" drinks during Happy Hour! It's only for an hour (5:30 - 6:30) so be sure that you get there. Also, the cookies come out at 8:00 so don't miss those. Yummy! They go fast so don't sleep on it! ENJOY!

Room Tip: The elevator is slow during the morning rush so I never choose higher floors. The corner suites are...
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed a single night for a friends wedding in October, and couldn't have had a better experience. The only minor issue was the difficulty to pull into the valet drop off, but with this being in the middle of downtown, not surprising and just took some patience. The drivers who picked up our truck were very nice. The front desk check-in went very fast and smooth. Once we got up to our room my fiance realized he forgot his iPad in the truck. He went back down and said the valet were very courteous and had a runner bring it right back when they dropped off another car. The room had a small kitchenette in it, 2 small couches in the living area and a separate bedroom. We'd booked the room on Priceline and got a steal, so I can't speak to the overall value of the rooms. The bathroom was large enough to allow us plenty of room to get ready without being on top of each other, good water pressure. We were on the 17th floor in the interior of the U-shaped portion of the building, so there was minimal street noise.
We utilized their free shuttle with actually stretched there 3 mile limit a tiny bit to take us to and pick us up from the wedding; a REAL plus so we didn't have to drive! The driver was also very nice and picked us up only about 15 minutes after calling it in, around midnight. There is a "lounge" on the 3rd floor, however it was hopping like a club when we got back. We peaked in, however didn't actually go in. Very loud music and lots of young professional types from the looks of it. We could hear/feel the music all the way up the elevator shaft, however once we stepped out onto our floor, we didn't hear any of the noise; although I think lower rooms may not have had the same luck.
Overall, this was a great stay and we'll definitely keep it on our list if we ever have to stay downtown again. It's a very historic hotel and it's been done perfectly!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I stayed at the Magnolia Hotel on 08/12/13-08/14/13 while in town on business. The service was outstanding from the time I arrived at the hotel to the moment I left. The staff were all pleasant and greeted me even in the hallways. The breakfast was much nicer than most breakfasts served in hotels. They served everything from scrambled eggs, breakfast meats, cereal, fruits, yogurt, bagels, etc. The evening reception was very nice and the food in the lounge was actually pretty good. It was pouring down rain so my co-worker and I decided to just stay in rather than check out the local restaurants. The cookies and milk just add an extra touch that made the stay even more pleasant. (I didn't need them but the white chocolate chips cookies were delicious. Upon my departure, it was again pouring down rain. One of the guys assisted me to my shuttle with an umbrella. Way to go Magnolia! If in Dallas again, you will be at the top of my list.

Room Tip: I was fortunate enough to have a room on the side of the hotel and I had a lot of room and a lot of...
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We spent eight days at the Magnolia Hotel in Dallas in the midst of a Texas heat wave. The staff made us feel at home and the hotel itself was a wonderful mixture of traditional architecture and modern touches. This is a hotel where you feel you are getting excellent value with a wonderful breakfast service, milk and cookies in the evening, a shuttle that will take you anywhere you want within a three mile radius, and a daily happy hour. Imagine all of this is included in the price of your room. A cool refreshing glass of Chardonnay was a welcome respite after a day in the sun. The hotel is located in the heart of downtown Dallas close to rapid transit and a host of Dallas landmarks. When you visit Dallas half the pleasure comes from making the Magnolia a destination in itself. It is a place that will leave you with fond memories and a desire to return again and again.

Room Tip: Choosing a room on the west side from floor nineteen and up will afford you a view of the century ol...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

The entire process of staying at this hotel, from booking to check out, was flawless! Two people who made my experience most memorable were Jamal in Reservations and Austin at the front desk! The staff at every point of contact made me feel welcome and at home! I will tell my friends and family to stay here when they are visiting downtown. Also, it is my birthday month and the price of the room was unbeatable!

• Stayed August 2013
North Charleston, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

From the moment we converge on Dallas and the Magnolia Hotel we were treated as if we were the only people these. The front desk staff were amazing, the concierge(s) were quick to asisst and a very pleasant first impression. The rooms were clean, fresh, and a pleasant welcoming after a day of travel. The breakfast and a great start to each day as well as the evening wine, and to top it all off, the warm cookies in the evening. It just doesn't get any better. No mess no hassle checking out. The shuttle enusred we arrived at our locations in plenty of time to ready for our meetings. You have spoiled me! Thank you again for YOUR hospitality!

Room Tip: "Expect to be spoiled and enjoy your stay."
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Magnolia Hotel Dallas? Share your experiences!