“Wonderful hotel--great location” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Springfield, Virginia
“Wonderful hotel--great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Wife and I stayed here for two nights and loved it (and the location). Upon arrival, valet parking service (there's no self service) was quick to respond and provided us with a claim check that provided easy to understand instructions for car retrieval via "text" request. Check in was quick and friendly--clerk gave me the option for a lower- or higher-level room--I opted for lower (fourth floor) but would recommend a much higher floor for the downtown view. Our room (while allowing quick up/down on the elevator or stairs) traded the quick travel for no view. This hotel was completed in 1922 and has that elegant look on the exterior and interior architecture. The rooms themselves do not have that period feel--rather, the furnishings and features are modern and elegant. The room itself was spacious and comfortable. Flat screen TV with cable, complimentary wifi, coffee maker, safe, sofa, and extra-comfortable bed made this stay extra nice. The bathroom was large with oval-shaped tub/shower and plenty of counter space. Hotel provides complimentary (in the lounge) daily hot breakfast buffet, late afternoon beer/wine social, and evening cookies and milk. A 24-hour fitness center is on site, but we did not use that amenity. The area surrounding the hotel is being renovated, but there's still plenty of great places to dine/shop/explore. We were there to attend a wedding at the Old Red Museum (about a ten-minute walk from the hotel) which is co-located across from Dealey Plaza and the Texas Book Depository/Grassy Knoll (infamous JFK assassination site). There were quite a few seemingly vagrant folks in this area of downtown, but neither my wife nor I felt unsafe. They were a part of the scene just as much as the hipsters and locals walking their dogs. There was a noticeable (but not oppressive) police presence--the entire area felt "safe." Rental car retrieval only required a text to the valet and our car was there within five minutes--very convenient. We would certainly recommend this hotel as a place to stay in Dallas!

Room Tip: If a view is important choose the higher level rooms. Lounge (with complimentary breakfast buffet...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (515)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed for just one night on a work trip to Dallas. Very nice central hotel. Comfortable room and close to a good choice of restaurants and bars as well as walking distance of the JFK sites. The complimentary Happy Hour, wifi and breakfast are definite pluses. We would recommend the Magnolia and be delighted to stay again next time we visit Dallas.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
leesville, la
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

This was my second stay here and this time my teenage twin girls were with me on the trip and absolutely loved the cookies and milk at night! The gym was also very nice! We stayed in a room with two queen beds and it was very comfortable, clean, and plenty of room. The bathrooms have oversized tubs with a nice shower. The breakfast buffet was great--sausage links, bacon, eggs, French toast, grits, cereal, yogurt, and fruit. All the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The valet guys were awesome and the lady at the desk(wish I would have gotten her name) was a lifesaver!! My GPS went crazy and we couldn't find where we needed to go in the rain...so we went back to the hotel and she printed several maps and highlighted and gave us the best and shortest route. She really took her time with us and it was greatly appreciated! We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in 1421 and didn't have much of a view--it was a view of the Adolphus right next door.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This hotel is beautiful. The suite I had (on the 13th floor which was weird) was HUGE! If only it was for more than one night. The milk ad cookies service, breakfast and complimentary breakfast was great. And this is why the potential for great. The room was clean and nice - oh did I mention HUGE. However the bathroom needed remodeling (I should have taken photos - sorry). The tile was dingy and crack and the bathtub looks old. In general it just makes the bathroom feel dirty even though it is not. The the toilet was clogged - didn't flush properly. When I arrived and lifted the toilet seat there was water all over the inside of the seat and back. I later realized when I went to flush that someone had probably flushed the toilet with the lid down and never realized it was over flowing. They did have good service though but as a clean freak I just can't rate very good when the bathroom felt dirty.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Location is really the name of the game here. The check-in process is more than easy enough, and they have free drinks in the evening, free cookies and milk (yes seriously) around bedtime, and free wifi. I'm not sure what else you could ask for. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and quiet so it's pretty easy to get some rest if you really need it. But as a word of warning, check out a little early if you can because the valet is pretty hectic at that time.

Room Tip: the Signature Suites don't have much of a view, but they are flat out AWESOME
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Uvalde, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I came in town for a concert with my sister and we chose this hotel because we liked to location and was referred by a friend. The breakfast was delicious and so many choices, the room was very clean, and the bed was extremely comfortable! I would definitely stay here again. My only complaint would be a rude receptionist. I hope to come back again with my husband this time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband raved about this historical hotel so we went for an 7th anniversary. We arrived on Friday May 17th and stayed two nights. You drive your car up to the hotel on a busy street and wait for someone to help you ( I actually had to get out of the car and request assistance). The lobby is dark and small - the room was on a higher floor but small and the bed was terrible. The breakfast buffet was a C+ at best - I was not happy with this hotel and will never stay there again.

Room Tip: stay in another hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Magnolia Hotel Dallas? Share your experiences!