“Boutique Hotel with larger hotel feel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
$30 off
Ranked #12 of 188 hotels in Dallas
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
“Boutique Hotel with larger hotel feel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for several nights. The hotel markets itself as a boutique hotel. I suppose that is true because they took an older office building with very pleasant and interesting interior architecture and made it into a hotel. My king bed room was very comfortable and quiet. The hotel offers a very nice complimentary breakfast buffet and two drink happy hour. If I have one complaint, it is the elevators. They are extremely slow. Also I was there as part of a group rate and did not have to pay the rack rate, so I am not sure if I would be so positive with my review if I had to pay the full price. But that doesn't take away from the charm, great service, comfortable room and great location. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

2,210 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
Edmond, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We loved our room and the view of Dallas. The bed was wonderful! It had a room darkening shade to let us keep sleeping....The bathroom was large and had plenty of space for two to prepare for the evening. This was close to many activities so we could valet the car and be able to walk to our locations.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed at the Magnolia for a few days due to work related training. I loved it there!! The hotel is withing walking business of many delicious restaurants and even a CVS. All employees were very nice and helpful. My room was great and the bed was SUPER comfortable. They had a really good happy hour and even complimentary milk and cookies!!! I was delighted. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manor, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed at the Magnolia for a quick, overnight business trip to Dallas. The hotel and the accomodations were chosen for me by someone else who was footing the tab. I was very pleasantly surprised with my experience.

The hotel is in the heart of downtown. There are some small parks nearby and a number of places to dine. I was very happy to find that many were open on a Sunday evening --- not always the case in a downtown area.

Check-in was quick, friendly and efficient. The hotel has a nightly happy hour and I checked in right as it was beginning. The bartender was very accomodating with the free beer, another pleasant surprise.

The suite I was given was outstanding. It was nicely appointed with leather furniture and interesting art. It had four separate rooms: a living room, a full kitchen, a bedroom and a bathroom. The views were terrific. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was relatively roomy. In fact, the suite felt huge. It was easily 600 sf.

My only beef was a fairly high level of street noise. I was on the 13th floor and hear quite a bit. The building is older and I'm guessing the windows, while not original, are not very thick, There were birds nesting somewhere nearby that did quite a bit of chirping. I still slept just fine and the bed was quite comfortable.

There was a nice free breakfast in the morning, one that was a slight step up from most free breakfasts.

Overall it was a great place to stay and I would heartily recommend it to someone visiting downtown Dallas.

Room Tip: Go for a higher floor because of the street noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Want to start off a stay the right way? Get a free upgrade to a suite. No idea why but we got one for the first time ever without asking. Maybe they thought it was our honeymoon, it wasn't but who cares!
Room was great, small kitchen, living area, nice bedroom with walk in closet and a lovely bathroom, couldn’t ask for anything more.

Location was also fab, close to 6th floor museum and centrally located for restaurants.
Breakfast was superb, great mix of hot and cold foods, in fact it's one of the best breakfast buffets I've had. They also had free drinks as well as milk & cookies at certain times of the day which is a really sweet touch.

I couldn’t recommend Magnolia more.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The room was very comfortable and spacious. I was in Dallas for business and it was the perfect home away from home for the week. The buffet breakfast offered a gracious plenty different options and the evening reception was the perfect transition from a busy day to a relaxing evening. Everything was very clean, well appointed, and the service was excellent!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Corrales, NM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed at the Magnolia Dallas for a weekend getaway to celebrate my 65th birthday because we had such an outstanding experience at the Magnolia Denver recently. Although our stay in Dallas was very nice, Denver has them beat hands down! Denver upgraded us to a marvelous suite upon our arrival for no apparant reason. Dallas made us work for our standard room. Our first room adjoined another room where 2 men talking in there sounded like they were right in our room with us. Our second room was very nice, thanks to an astute desk clerk who overheard the one taking care of us telling us there were no other rooms available. Our room was clean, bed very comfortable, no hall noise and we slept well. Internet was very slow one day and entirely down another day. Since we rely on the Internet to plan our day, map out directions, etc. this was very inconvenient. Dirty-looking, threadbare rug duct-taped together in places needs replacing. Most staff were very friendly. Breakfast buffet was very good (would say excellent if the eggs were not cold). There were some large events going on while we were there and the staff was very busy attending to them. The valet guys worked their tails off. Car service to airport was great! It may have just been an "off" weekend for regular guests to stay at the Magnolia Dallas.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Magnolia Hotel Dallas? Share your experiences!