I live in the DFW metroplex and had in worked in downtown Dallas for a while a few years back and one of my business associates stayed at the Magnolia over a 3-4 month timeframe as he worked with me on a project. I remember him speaking quite highly of this place since. He stated that it was truly a nice place for all types of guests. Usually when clients or fellow co-workers were in town, the Magnolia was NO WHERE on our list of recommendations for them, simply because it just didn't stand out in our minds OR on the list of "NICE" places to stay here in Dallas. Especially when you have so many other choices downtown. That is until he raved about it!! He raved about the rooms, the fact that most were small, but elegantly classy. He loved their complimentary evening cocktails and fresh baked cookies. Not to mention he made us green with envy when he described the nightlife atmosphere and presentation of the interior of the hotel.
So....years later, I decided to select this hotel as my NYE party place and I am glad I did! Even though it was 3-4 years ago since the recommendation was made, they obviously have maintained their quality.
1. The foyer area is breathtaking.
2. The architecture of the building near the elevators is magnificent.
3. The game room/bar area is eclectic.
4. The complimentary breakfast was average, but nice.
5. The LOCATION is GRAND. In walking distance of everything!!! (Neiman Marcus around the corner, Restaurants and most importantly the New Year's Eve EVENTS.
6. Very nice tub/shower. Looks like the entire room was recently remodeled with all NEW bathroom fixtures. The water in the shower is POWERFUL and got Extremely HOT…..FAST!
We stayed in a deluxe suite (kitchenette/separate living room/separate bedroom). The Room was a tad bit small. The walk in closet was just about as big as the room (major plus for extended stay travelers, I suppose). The Bed was SOOOO COMFORTABLE, Loved the duvet and extra blankets that were already on the bed.
All in All, my husband and I brought 2013 in with a BANG and THIS HOTEL. This Hotel is NOW on my list of personal places to stay in the metroplex. It’s funny how you live somewhere so long and never appreciate or utilize some of the small gems in your own back yard. Hope this helps any locals!
- Also Known As:
- Magnolia Hotel Dallas
- Dallas Magnolia Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Magnolia Hotel Dallas is a downtown Dallas, Texas hotel near American Airlines Center. This boutique hotel offers extended stay accommodations, corporate lodging, and venues for weddings & meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Amex, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your The Magnolia Hotel Dallas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.