“The 80s want their hotel back!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #78 of 190 Hotels in Dallas
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
“The 80s want their hotel back!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

A visit here is like a time warp back to the early 80s with cheesy chandeliers, awful wallpaper designs and dark lighting gives a general weird feeling - perhaps it's the hotel design that makes it awkward and uninviting. Picture some cheesy 80s movie and you"ll see this hotel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
ICDALLAS1, General Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Jason M,

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns regarding your recent visit with us and I am terribly sorry to hear that our decor and design fell below your expectations.

I am a bit surprised to hear that you felt the hotel to have an 80s feels when we recently completed a makeover which included a new look for the lobby, ballrooms and meeting spaces, plus a new restaurant and lounge. We worked with an award-winning design and architecture firm, ForrestPerkins, to transform our hotel to a timeless-yet-contemporary design and have been featured in several publications for our renovation efforts.

With great regret,
Stefan Huber

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

This was an ok hotel to host a week long business meeting. Honestly I wood have expected a nicer hotel chain such as the westin or one of the nicer marriotts but that's between my company and me. My observations:
-quick check-in on a Sunday at 2pm. I was told I was extremely lucky to be able to get a room so early, esp with a king-sized bed at that hour since most rooms are still not ready. I was a bit surprised to hear that since most hotels I stay at usually have been able to accommodate check-in an hour early without a problem.
-The hotel itself was extremely cold. Many off my colleagues were walking around the meeting room areas, lobby, and meeting rooms wearing their winter coats all day.
-service was lacking. Housekeeping took away the Splenda I brought into my room each day to have with my coffee which annoyed me in the morning. The housekeeping also were actively attending to personal calls in the hallway and speaking very loudly. Last, during virtually all meals at the hotel, the servers were really good at promptly removing dishes after you had eaten. The only problem was that they would loudly and abruptly interrupt important business conversations to ask if they could remove your plate

-Rooms: decor is very very dark which required you to turn on all lights. Also, my room had no window to the outdoors as it faced the meeting rooms. If you are on the third floor like I was, be careful if you need to go to sleep early. A lot of meetings are held there and apparently evening meetings so it can be quite noisy.

-Wake-up calls were reliable each day
-cleanliness I rated a 1 because there were tiny bugs crawling on the shower curtain. Made me wonder what was in the bed.

Overall, it was not a very memorable stay nor would i want to return in the future. Just not my kind of place and the service could be improved.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
ICDALLAS1, General Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear CMB-BOB,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such a detailed overview of your recent experience. Please know that your feedback is much appreciated and that all comments shared enable my team and I to further improve each and every guest experience.

I am sorry to hear that your overall perception of the hotel was not a positive one and I would like to offer my sincerest apology for the many issues you experienced.

I understand how important rooms, service and comfort are to our guests and it is regrettable that so many details were missed. I would like to ask for the opportunity to apologize to you in person and would greatly appreciate it if you would contact me at front.office@ihg.com. We hope you give us another chance to better serve you.

With great regret,
Kensington, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Spent a weekend at the hotel for an in house conference. Hotel was nice, but dated. The sleeping rooms were spacious and clean. It was fine for my weekend stay. My main complaint is about the fitness area. For a hotel that size, there were only 7 cardio machines, and one was out of order. In fact, it was the same exact one from last year. The machines are even dated. It was disappointing.
The food was ok, nothing too impressive. The one good thing is that the hotel is around the corner from many restaurants. If you get a chance and it's an option, eat elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
ICDALLAS1, General Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear JRJanker,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with an overview of your recent experience. Please know that your feedback is much appreciated and that all comments shared enable my team and I to further improve each and every guest experience.

I am happy to hear that you found our accommodations to be spacious and clean but felt that our fitness area could use some improvement. I sincerely apologize if one of the cardio machines was not in good repair. I will look into your comments personally since this should not have happened. Our fitness room equipment is only a little more than a year old, and we have a monthly maintenance agreement in place. We have a three station universal/all-purpose Nautilus weight training machine, a dumbbell rack with a range of free weights up to 50 pounds, 2 elliptical trainers, a total of 6 treadmills of varying kinds and 1 stationary bike, along with other miscellaneous exercise equipment such as flat benches, an ab bench, stretching bench, work out machine attachments, balls and mats, etc. The men's and ladies' rooms are set up with full lockers, showers and a small sauna in each. I truly regret that our 1,100 square foot hotel-style fitness center, not including the lockers, was full to capacity when you wanted to work out, but most times the line-up of equipment we have is sufficient.

If your travels bring you back to Dallas, I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to better serve you.

Always at your service,
Appleton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I stayed 3 nights for a meeting. The rooms were quite spacious (average for the class of hotel) and the beds/pillows were comfortable. Commenting on the food specifically, and given that we had a meeting with 300 attendees, it was very good; items were labeled (a nice touch) and I was impressed at the variety of gluten free options. If I had a criticism of the food (again for the group meals), the coffee was hot very hot in the mornings (although it was at the sessions). My "on my own" breakfast buffet was delicious: I liked the mi of traditional eggs, bacon, with euro-style deli meats and cheeses and lox ($22). My room did not have a fridge and the most disappointing aspect was that the flat screen TV (adequate size) had a poor, analog cable connection. There was nothing in HD as I would have expected at this price point.
The meeting rooms were sized properly and the staff were efficient at pulling drinks and snacks in and out unobtrusively.
The hotel is more than 20 minutes away from DFW.
Recommend for business travelers

Room Tip: Elevators can be slow at peak times.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
ICDALLAS1, General Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Martin R,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such a detailed overview of your recent experience. Please know that your feedback is much appreciated and helps my team and I better serve our guests.

I am happy to hear that you found our rooms to be spacious and comfortable and the food to be very good during your meeting. I would like to personally apologize for the fact that the coffee was not very hot and I will be speaking with the food and beverage department regarding this matter.

Please know that we constantly look for ways to enhance the guest experience and I will most certainly take your feedback regarding the fridge and cable offering into consideration.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again and look forward to your next visit.

Most Sincerely,
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I got a nice deal (club room) at the hotel which turned out to be terrific value and great stay. The rooms are as expected classy but the club room was the surprise element with a good bit of eats and snacks for business meetings. I spent the whole day there in meetings. The location is also close to Galleria Shopping mall and a walmart to chose from !! Overall a perfect location for business or even a good holiday!!

Room Tip: Not much of view but avoid the highway facing ones!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mahesh1966,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the InterContinental® Dallas and for sharing your recent experience with us.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our club lounge as well as proximity to the Galleria. We hope your travels bring you back to Dallas in the near future and that we have another opportunity to serve you.

Kind regards,
Round Rock, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

My family stayed at the InterContinental for a wedding. It was super convenient because the reception was being held there as well. Nothing like being able to take the elevator to your room after a long day of celebrating. Overall the hotel is in a decent location. There is a strip mall across the freeway and it was just a short drive to the Galleria. Multiple food options are available in the area and the hotel does have an abbreviated late night room service option. Since we were there for a family function, we didn't have a chance to partake of all the hotel amenities. We did however take advantage of the club level lounge since we upgraded our room. Quite nice to have complimentary snacks and drinks at the late night hour. Also, there was a Starbucks in the lobby. Quite handy on those lovely frigid mornings in Dallas! The service from the hotel staff was always professional. I had to take away one star because the hotel is just a tad bit dated and the reception area needs some attention. Not what I would have expected from the InterContinental. The rooms were clean for the most part. I did find a couple of stray hairs that didn't belong to me or my husband and they are in desperate need of new sheets and towels. The bed and pillows were very comfy, though. Valet parking was available, but we opted not to use it. Self parking is very convenient to the building and even with multiple receptions going on at the same time, we had no problem with the parking. All in all, our stay was a good one.

Room Tip: Do upgrade to the Club Level. You won't regret it.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear MissPriss96,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such a detailed overview of your recent stay. I hope the happy couple had a wonderful wedding and created some lasting memories here at the hotel.

I am happy to hear that your enjoyed our location, club lounge, Starbucks, and found our staff to be professional. However, I would like to offer my sincerest apology for issue you experienced in your room. Please know that I will personally speak with housekeeping regarding the matter you described.

I hope you give my team and I another opportunity to better serve you.

Respectfully,
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Good
The InterContinental was very nice for a convention. Large and convenient meeting rooms, large areas to mingle, clean and in good mechanical shape, friendly accommodating staff, clean nice rooms. The food provided and in the restaurant was good.
Poor
It is not new nor is the decoration over the top. It appears to have been renovated to some degree. Limited menu. Not really within in easy walking distance of anything. There are alternate restaurants several blocks away which can be bad if the weather is bad.
Worse
Need to improve cable selection.

Room Tip: 15th floor was fine. Elevators fast.
Dear Lucienwill,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent visit. Please know that your feedback is much appreciated and helps us determine how we are doing from a service perspective.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our meeting rooms, staff and accommodations and will most certainly look into how we can improve our cable selection. This is currently under review from a capital investment perspective.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Kind regards,
Stefan Huber

Been to InterContinental Dallas? Share your experiences!