“Pleasant hotel, reasonable location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #80 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Pleasant hotel, reasonable location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I stayed 3 nights for a meeting. The rooms were quite spacious (average for the class of hotel) and the beds/pillows were comfortable. Commenting on the food specifically, and given that we had a meeting with 300 attendees, it was very good; items were labeled (a nice touch) and I was impressed at the variety of gluten free options. If I had a criticism of the food (again for the group meals), the coffee was hot very hot in the mornings (although it was at the sessions). My "on my own" breakfast buffet was delicious: I liked the mi of traditional eggs, bacon, with euro-style deli meats and cheeses and lox ($22). My room did not have a fridge and the most disappointing aspect was that the flat screen TV (adequate size) had a poor, analog cable connection. There was nothing in HD as I would have expected at this price point.
The meeting rooms were sized properly and the staff were efficient at pulling drinks and snacks in and out unobtrusively.
The hotel is more than 20 minutes away from DFW.
Recommend for business travelers

Room Tip: Elevators can be slow at peak times.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
ICDALLAS1, General Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Martin R,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such a detailed overview of your recent experience. Please know that your feedback is much appreciated and helps my team and I better serve our guests.

I am happy to hear that you found our rooms to be spacious and comfortable and the food to be very good during your meeting. I would like to personally apologize for the fact that the coffee was not very hot and I will be speaking with the food and beverage department regarding this matter.

Please know that we constantly look for ways to enhance the guest experience and I will most certainly take your feedback regarding the fridge and cable offering into consideration.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again and look forward to your next visit.

Most Sincerely,
Stefan Huber

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I got a nice deal (club room) at the hotel which turned out to be terrific value and great stay. The rooms are as expected classy but the club room was the surprise element with a good bit of eats and snacks for business meetings. I spent the whole day there in meetings. The location is also close to Galleria Shopping mall and a walmart to chose from !! Overall a perfect location for business or even a good holiday!!

Room Tip: Not much of view but avoid the highway facing ones!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mahesh1966,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the InterContinental® Dallas and for sharing your recent experience with us.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our club lounge as well as proximity to the Galleria. We hope your travels bring you back to Dallas in the near future and that we have another opportunity to serve you.

Kind regards,
Round Rock, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

My family stayed at the InterContinental for a wedding. It was super convenient because the reception was being held there as well. Nothing like being able to take the elevator to your room after a long day of celebrating. Overall the hotel is in a decent location. There is a strip mall across the freeway and it was just a short drive to the Galleria. Multiple food options are available in the area and the hotel does have an abbreviated late night room service option. Since we were there for a family function, we didn't have a chance to partake of all the hotel amenities. We did however take advantage of the club level lounge since we upgraded our room. Quite nice to have complimentary snacks and drinks at the late night hour. Also, there was a Starbucks in the lobby. Quite handy on those lovely frigid mornings in Dallas! The service from the hotel staff was always professional. I had to take away one star because the hotel is just a tad bit dated and the reception area needs some attention. Not what I would have expected from the InterContinental. The rooms were clean for the most part. I did find a couple of stray hairs that didn't belong to me or my husband and they are in desperate need of new sheets and towels. The bed and pillows were very comfy, though. Valet parking was available, but we opted not to use it. Self parking is very convenient to the building and even with multiple receptions going on at the same time, we had no problem with the parking. All in all, our stay was a good one.

Room Tip: Do upgrade to the Club Level. You won't regret it.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear MissPriss96,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such a detailed overview of your recent stay. I hope the happy couple had a wonderful wedding and created some lasting memories here at the hotel.

I am happy to hear that your enjoyed our location, club lounge, Starbucks, and found our staff to be professional. However, I would like to offer my sincerest apology for issue you experienced in your room. Please know that I will personally speak with housekeeping regarding the matter you described.

I hope you give my team and I another opportunity to better serve you.

Respectfully,
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Good
The InterContinental was very nice for a convention. Large and convenient meeting rooms, large areas to mingle, clean and in good mechanical shape, friendly accommodating staff, clean nice rooms. The food provided and in the restaurant was good.
Poor
It is not new nor is the decoration over the top. It appears to have been renovated to some degree. Limited menu. Not really within in easy walking distance of anything. There are alternate restaurants several blocks away which can be bad if the weather is bad.
Worse
Need to improve cable selection.

Room Tip: 15th floor was fine. Elevators fast.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Lucienwill,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent visit. Please know that your feedback is much appreciated and helps us determine how we are doing from a service perspective.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our meeting rooms, staff and accommodations and will most certainly look into how we can improve our cable selection. This is currently under review from a capital investment perspective.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Kind regards,
College Station, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

When I see that a hotel in the InterContinental family is a four-diamond property (as rated by AAA), it creates a level of expectation. Although the Dallas property is not rated as such, the mind still creates this threshold.

My room was clean. The fixtures were up-to-date and everything worked. Since I was there for business meetings, we were served lunch and breakfast buffets, both of which were abundant and flavorful.

Like many properties its age, the IC-Dallas is ill-equipped for the needs of today's guests when it comes to electronics. AC outlets are scarce in the rooms; and those in my room were worn out. Plugs came out with minimal (or no) effort. I found this out the hard way when my phone was nearly dead one morning because the plug had freed itself from the surly bonds of the wall outlet.

Areas of improvement: out of six elevators, many times only three worked. This is wholly unacceptable, especially considering the property was at (or very near) capacity. Also, when many of my fellow attendees were ready to check in, I'm estimating only about 30 percent of the rooms were ready at 5 p.m. This final point is a sure fire way to ruin your attempt to be "business friendly".

All in all, the IC-Dallas was fine for me as an individual. I feel like a '3' rating was a bit low, but the '4' I gave it was a bit generous. From a business standpoint, I encourage them to review what went wrong and correct it ASAP. You can ill-afford to be off your game in a hotel rich environment like Dallas.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
ICDALLAS1, General Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Chace_Murphy,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such a detailed overview of your recent experience. Please know that your feedback is much appreciated and helps my team and I evaluate how we are doing from a service perspective.

I am happy to hear that you found our accommodations clean and that your meals were enjoyable. However, I would like to offer my sincerest apology for the electrical issues you described in your room and elevators. Please know that our maintenance team has worked on the elevators and all six are up and running properly. In regards to the problems you dealt with in your room, I would appreciate it if you would reach out to me via front.office@ihg.com, so that I can determine which room you stayed in and personally ensure all outlets are working properly.

If you business travels bring you back to Dallas, I hope you give us another chance to better serve you.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

The standard room was nice, with a comfortable bed, great linens and toiletries, and a very useable workspace. I did find my sheets had a few stains on check-in and after calling the front desk, this was fixed quickly, thoroughly, and apologetically. I used room service more than once and while slow (approx 45 minutes, regardless of what you ordered or whether it was a mealtime or not) food was hot and delicious - not even that horribly priced as far as room service goes. Service is friendly and the concierge was helpful. The only things lacking - the "spa" is a joke and the fitness area is pretty bad too.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
ICDALLAS1, General Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear K C,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with a detailed overview of your stay.

I am happy to hear that your enjoyed our accommodations but would like to offer my sincerest apology for the sheets and that your room service was slow. Please know that I will personally speak to housekeeping as well as our food and beverage department to make sure that our guests receive more timely service.

As for our spa and fitness area, we are working to improve our amenities and hope you give us another chance to better serve you in the future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

My mum and I stayed here when we visited Dallas for my brother's wedding recently. We enjoyed it. Perfect standard of room and helpful staff when required. Close to numerous restaurants and we managed a few shopping trips too...

Room Tip: We had a room facing south on a low level which looked into and internal atrium which I didn't l...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ICDALLAS1, General Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Pam W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our location, accommodations and staff.

We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Most sincerely,
Stefan Huber

Been to InterContinental Dallas? Share your experiences!