“Won't be coming back” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #78 of 190 Hotels in Dallas
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Won't be coming back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

The hotel is nice, rooms are nice, and staff is also nice. However, everything here is overpriced way more than the other hotels. The restaurant was way too expensive for the amount of food you got. I just ate breakfast and it costed right at $20.00, I only had an omlet and a glass of milk! Internet is $10.00 for 24 hours of use. No microwave in the rooms or a public area to reheat food. The rooms have a fridge but it is stocked with alcohol, so you cant put any of your drinks in there without taking 25 other beverages out. No vending machines for candy or drinks. The gift shop has some drinks and candy but it is $2.00 dollars for drinks and candy. And I could never get the temperature right in my room. I dropped the temp down to 64 degress on the thermastat but the room never really cooled down. I will never come back to this hotel. I can't afford it and I don't mean the room rates.

Room Tip: Top floor is the better rooms just because of the view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Dear Bradley P,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and leaving our property a review. I am happy that you found our room accommodations and staff to be at par with your expectations. However, I do apologize that you did not enjoy your overall visit due to the issues encountered during breakfast and if you found some amenities to be lacking. We take all reviews negative or positive very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Again, thank you for the candid feedback and I hope you give us another chance of hosting you again soon.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Nowra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Arrived after a very long flight from Australia. Whilst Intercontinental is a long way from the airport; so is everything.....The hotel is stylish and well appointed. Met at the door and escorted to the reception. As a gold ambassador member we had an upgraded room to suite. Sad to say that some IHG facilities (Crowne New Orleans) don't seem to meet this obligation. Very important to paying members and the reason why we join the ambassador program.

The suite was wonderful and we slept exceptionally well. The staff in the Lounge were welcoming and very friendly. They went to extremes to communicate with us about a range of local issues and were able to give us some insight to dining options and shopping. In particular we found Kunal to be very good, intelligent and a wealth of information. It is said that staff are the most important asset for any large organisation; this is certainly the case for the Intercontinental group with Kunal a proud employee. Well done Intercontinental and thanks.

Unique Qualities: Very welcoming and warm. Close to some great shopping experiences.

Room Tip: Go with a suite.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ICDALLAS1, Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for your loyalty towards the InterContinental Hotels Group and our Ambassador program!

Our entire staff was thrilled when I shared your kind words with them!

Please come back soon!

I am always at your service,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Now I now facilities have to remodel from time to time...am ok with that but dont put my room right under the room being remodel! could not take a nap at all...I called to see what could be done and they did offer a different room which was what they should have done from the begening...other than that is was great. Great number of restaurants by the hotel on Belt Line rd and close to the Galleria Mall.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

I was sorry to hear about your experience during your stay, I fully agree that you should have been advised upon arrival, so please accept my apology that that did not happen.

Our remodeling is over, so please come back soon!

Grand Junction, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

My family stayed for two nights and we left feeling that the hotel was average. The front desk was very friendly but that was the end of friendly faces. The starbucks lady and the gift shop ladies both seemed to have woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

The room was nice but not spectacular by any means. The room became very stuffy too with terrible ventilation. Size of the room was small too.

The one thing we will be taking with us is that they love to charge extra for everything. The parking garage is 10 dollars each time you leave. Internet is an extra charge for each device you hook up each day.

The only positive thing about the hotel is that we paid less than $100 per night to stay. It was an average hotel at that price per night but definitely not a $200 per night stay.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the InterContinental Dallas.

I am delighted to hear your comments regarding our front desk; however I was extremely disappointed to hear about the challenge you experienced in the room. I have also noted your feedback concerning your experience at the Starbucks; please accept my apologies for any discomfort that this may have caused you. Your feedback has been shared to the concerned departments to ensure that the team is aware of your comments.

Please rest assured that we will use your comments to continue ensuring that we deliver the highest of standards to our guests, collecting feedback is an essential part of the journey.

Aurora, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The hotel was very busy but the staff was excellent. I used the executive club to host several meetings and it was an excellent choice. The hostess (Kim) was friendly and very helpful. They are my top choice for Dallas

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ICDALLAS1, Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on line.

It was indeed a pleasure to know that you enjoyed the hotel and we are glad to know that our property is your top choice in Dallas!

Kim was so happy when I shared your kind words with her. She joined our team four months ago, and as you noticed Kim really knows how to go above and beyond!

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at this wonderful hotel for several days while at a conference. The staff was as nice as any staff I have encountered. It was like each and every staff member had a stake in the business. My favorite part of my stay? Hands down, the Eggs Benedict on the breakfast buffet!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Our entire team was thrilled when I shared your wonderful comments regarding your experience here at the InterContinental Dallas!

Please come back soon for another great breakfast buffet!

Mexicali, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My family and I are impressed by the good care you provide your guests.

Last year, we visited the InterContinental Dallas Hotel and we received the best in everything, of course we noticed all your facilities are really good.

We want to specially point out the interest, kindness and courtesy of all the Hotel’s staff; everyone was always willing to help and make us feel comfortable.

We deeply appreciate the attentions received from Massimiliano Puglisi and his coworkers.

We will look forward the opportunity to visit you again.

Best Regards,

Mr. Calvo & Family

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to InterContinental Dallas? Share your experiences!