“Unhappy attendee” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #80 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Unhappy attendee”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a conference last weekend. I was very displeased to find out that there was no free wi-fi. With this being a conference type hotel this is ridiculous. It was $10/day for Internet. There is also only one shuttle for hotel use (going to eat, shop, etc.). Other issues we had was the temp in the hotel. It was either sweltering or freezing cold. I had zero issues the hotel room or the staff. The staff was actually very friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ICDALLAS1, Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor!

I was glad to hear that our service and accommodation met your expectations; although I was very disappointed about the climate in the hotel during your stay; I sincerely apologize for the issue and I would be honored to have the pleasure, at your convenience, to discuss it further; please my information below.

In regards to the the internet, I hope you were advised upon arrival about the complimentary internet in our Executive Business Center. I personally make sure that we are consistently aligned with our local competitors in terms of internet charges.

Massimiliano.puglisi@ihg,com direct telephone 972 789 3006

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

I am always at your service,

Director of Rooms Division

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I spent 5 days at the interContinental Dallas and the Concierge service provided by Kim was outstanding in addition to the fabulous service and food in the hotel restaurant. The buffet on Friday night and Sunday were outstanding. The hotel staff made the entire experience most memorable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a first class experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ICDALLAS1, Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for sharing your first class experience!

I am so grateful for you kind words towards Kimberly's service in our VIP Club Lounge; Kimberly joined our team two months ago and as you have personally observed she is a natural host who's service understanding really shines as part of your VIP experience!

Our Q de Cheval team was enthusiastic to read your fantastic comments as well! We were all thrilled to learn how much you have enjoyed the buffet's we offer; and that our staff took the time to make your stay with us just that much more memorable!

Thank you again for sharing your stay and recommending our hotel. I would be honored if I can have the opportunity to personally meet you next time you visit us; please find my personal info as follows:

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We most recently stayed at this property over New Year's Eve. Beginning with the Valet upon arrival and ending with the Bellman upon departure the level of service at this hotel was exceptional. The entire staff was gracious, friendly and helpful. When we checked out our overall impression of the management and hotel staff was that if there was anything they could do to make a guest's stay more memorable, enjoyable and stress free the would do it.

The rooms are nice and large with upscale amenites. Most satisfying is that they are quiet.

The restaurant featured delicious food at reasonable prices. Waiters and servers wer top notch. Very attentive without being obtrusive.

Hotel is close to great shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
ICDALLAS1, Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for sharing your fantastic comments!

Our entire team was so thrilled when they read your experience! Layla, Jhoslin, and Suzannah are great ambassadors of our brand and service standards! I am so pleased to know they really went the extra mile during your stay.

new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I recently stayed here for business, although the hotel was very slow the staff was more than welcoming. Layla at the front desk was very sweet and helpful. I had dinner in the restaurant where the manager (tall female) and my server Joselin were very attentive to my special dietary needs. They went above and beyond to make sure my meal was perfect. The bar staff is also Great. Nice atmosphere and great young ladies, they gave me a variety of drink specials i might like. The jalapeno tequila was amazing in a bloody mary. Over all a wonderful experience, I will be back soon. Great location!!!

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I found the staff, location, accommodations, and restaurants excellent at the Intercontinental hotel to be top notch.The shuttle rides were extremely valuable and the drivers were extremely polite, helpful, and respectful. I appreciated that.
Caution trying to walk anywhere - like in Vegas you would be taking a great risk of getting run down. If you don't like roundabouts - don't rent a car in Dallas.

Room Tip: make sure your door lockes
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ICDALLAS1, Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We are grateful for your kind comments towards our hotel staff and your thoughtful words towards our drivers. I’m thrilled that you were able to utilize our shuttle service!

I do agree with you, that while walking in Dallas it is imperative that you do pay a lot of attention. I also would like to share some great news; the city of Addison is promoting pedestrian commute and that there are more sidewalks being built to accommodate the pedestrian traffic.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Portland, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed here overnight and had a great experience. I had a King room that was clean and had plenty of room for two people. I am a member of their priority club and got free Internet access.

I was very pleased with the free parking, as one of my pet peeves in hotels is mandatory valet parking.

I had a great experience and will stay here again when I am next in Dallas.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your great experience!

I am grateful for your loyalty to our Priority Club and it looks like you were recognized with complimentary internet! Thank you for your kind comments on the size and cleanliness of our rooms. I do agree that mandatory paid parking is a hassle and that’s why we offer the complimentary self parking in addition to our valet service.

I would be honored if I can have the opportunity to meet you next time you visit us; please find my personal info as follows:

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The staff at InterContinental Dallas was pro-active, accommodating, professional and friendly, and the hotel itself has a well maintained, past-era charm to it. As an Event Coordinator, I appreciated having members of the staff check in with me throughout the day each day to see if any of our needs had changed. Excellent venue!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your stay with us online!

Our entire staff was thrilled when I shared your kind words with them! Our staff is always committed to ensuring you have a memorable experience with us and it looks like they really went above and beyond!

Director of Rooms Division

Been to InterContinental Dallas? Share your experiences!