“Good value!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 188 Hotels in Dallas
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
“Good value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Very nice home away from home. It had all the kitchen appliances you would need and was like having a nice apartment to stay in. The swimming pool and courtyard were exceptionally nice. Keep in mind that there is no maid service or complimentary breakfast here. One thing that was disappointing was that there was just fast food places nearby. A good restaurant would have been nice. Overall value of the hotel was very good.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
James N, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites - Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our property, We appreciate it so much. We are so glad that you enjoyed our amenities. I suspect that you might not have been a long term guest, we do provide full housekeeping once a week since we are primarily an extended stay property. I regret that we did not fully explain that to you at check in and I promise to do a better job informing our valued guests of our procedures. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have been so pleased with my total experience at this property. It is clean, quiet, easy access to downtown, and the staff is friendly and accommodating. There are 100's to 1000's of properties in the Metroplex. This is the best value in a central location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
James N, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites - Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our property. We are delighted that you found our team to be friendly and accommodating. We value your opinion and your business and we look forward to your next visit with us.
Albany, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed the night of the 12th and it was only 1 night but overall value of the hotel was great. That being said I would like to say that I was disappointed with my check in. I came in a little after 11 pm and the front desk agent seemed almost bothered by the fact that I was checking in late, didn't smile at me and being a priority club member I expected to at least be greeted with a smile and I felt very uncomfortable with the whole check in process. Other than that I enjoyed the room and the cleanliness of the hotel. The young man that checked me out in the morning was very kind a nice change to my check in experience, when I told him about my check in he seemed concerned and very apologetic and assured me that they normally don't have those problems. I normally don't stay at extended stay hotels but I chose this hotel for the location next to the office headquarters that I was heading to. I will be returning in a couple of weeks for a little longer stay and I hope to have a better check in experience than I did this last visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
James N, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites - Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. I regret that you did not have a pleasant experience during check in and I assure you that we are addressing this issue. This is not the impression that we want our valued guests to have about our hotel.
I am very pleased to know that Carlos, our front desk agent on duty the morning you checked out, was sympathetic to your grievance and maintained the high standard of service that we are known for.
We are very happy to know that you will be returning and allowing us another chance to make a better impression. I am very happy to assist you in any way. Please feel free to contact me on my mobile phone at anytime; 214-707-2634. Thank you again for your time.
pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

clean! spacious! kitchen! fast wi-fi! comfortable bed! great price!

Remember: there is no daily housekeeping service at Candlewwood..so MAKE YOUR BED!!! :)

we found the location to be ideal for transit to and from both the DFW airport and downtown.

RECOMMENDED!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
James N, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites - Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We are very happy that we had everything you wanted. We value your business and look forward to seeing you again.
Spring, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This hotel has everything that an extended stay traveler needs to feel like home. It offers all the amenities necessary to allow one to travel light. The entire staff goes the extra mile to provide excellent customer service. The price was great and the rooms very clean. I highly recommend Candlewood Suites - Dallas Market Center!

Thanks again to James!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
jaymesnav, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites - Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property and share your thoughts with other potential guests.
We are so happy that you are pleased with our property and our friendly employees.
We appreciate you so much.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed here while visiting the UT Southwestern medical campus. The price was excellent, and in short I found the staff to be very accommodating, and the hotel to be very clean!

The hotel is situated off of the feeder road to a major elevated highway. There are two gated entrances, with the one farthest from the lobby being shut at night. The surrounding area is somewhat urban, and I was issued a parking tag which advised me to lock my car and secure my belongings. I do this out of habit anyway, but had no issues with my car while staying there.

Check-in was quick and pleasant, and I felt the attendant made an effort to get to me quickly despite there being several people in front of me.

The room itself was nice and large, with a kitchenette, desk, leather recliner, and bed. The room was almost immaculate. I actually tried to find some dirt, and only found some crumbs by the toaster and some fuzz behind the fridge. The kitchen is usually the weak spot in hotel rooms, but this one had all of the (nice) pots and pans cleaned and arranged pleasantly, and the fridge, stove-top, and microwave were also nice and clean. There was even a complimentary bag of popcorn waiting in the microwave!

The bed was comfortable enough. I didn't like the provided pillows, but there was a little placard on the bed stating that firmer pillows or feather pillows are available on request from the front desk. The bathroom area looked recently renovated, and was pleasant and clean. I did run into a problem while ironing a shirt, as the iron began to leak, but the front-desk staff quickly provided me with a brand new one when I brought it to their attention. The other issue I had was noise, as I mentioned the hotel is situated near a highway. Road noise was audible at night, but not terrible, and I could hear more than I wanted of my upstairs neighbor as he moved around at 3 AM. For the price, though, I don't consider this a deal-breaker by any means. I typically just run the room fan for a little white noise when I need it.

The tv was a flat-screen model, with the usual local channels plus HBO. There is no breakfast provided, but there is a honor-system pantry with snacks and breakfast items, plus free coffee. I chose to just drive to the Starbucks .3 miles away.

Overall, this was a terrific value. The price was great, the room was very clean, the staff very friendly and responsive. I'd happily stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
jaymesnav, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites - Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you so much. We appreciate you taking the time to give us a very thorough review.
It really means a lot to us to have reviews such as your posted for future travelers to refer to when they consider where to stay in Dallas.
We are glad that your stay was pleasant and that our amenities were right for you.
I am sure that we can get you a cozy room on the opposite side of the building on future visits.
Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again.
Irving, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

In addition to being a welcoming home away from, I want to thank Sededu Hailu for her assistance in reconnecting me with my Card Holder and all of the important docs it contained. I inadvertently left it at the hotel and Senedu found it, secured it and went the extra mile to track me down. I was very surprised and appreciative to say the least . Again thank you Senedu Hailu.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
jaymesnav, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites - Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let other travelers know of your experience at Candlewood Suites Dallas Market Center.
We dote on our friendly employees and I am so glad that Senedu was able to help you out in this situation.
We are so happy that you are pleased.
We look forward to seeing you again.

Been to Candlewood Suites - Dallas Market Center? Share your experiences!