“Excellent Value!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 188 Hotels in Dallas
Houston, Texas
“Excellent Value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed here while visiting the UT Southwestern medical campus. The price was excellent, and in short I found the staff to be very accommodating, and the hotel to be very clean!

The hotel is situated off of the feeder road to a major elevated highway. There are two gated entrances, with the one farthest from the lobby being shut at night. The surrounding area is somewhat urban, and I was issued a parking tag which advised me to lock my car and secure my belongings. I do this out of habit anyway, but had no issues with my car while staying there.

Check-in was quick and pleasant, and I felt the attendant made an effort to get to me quickly despite there being several people in front of me.

The room itself was nice and large, with a kitchenette, desk, leather recliner, and bed. The room was almost immaculate. I actually tried to find some dirt, and only found some crumbs by the toaster and some fuzz behind the fridge. The kitchen is usually the weak spot in hotel rooms, but this one had all of the (nice) pots and pans cleaned and arranged pleasantly, and the fridge, stove-top, and microwave were also nice and clean. There was even a complimentary bag of popcorn waiting in the microwave!

The bed was comfortable enough. I didn't like the provided pillows, but there was a little placard on the bed stating that firmer pillows or feather pillows are available on request from the front desk. The bathroom area looked recently renovated, and was pleasant and clean. I did run into a problem while ironing a shirt, as the iron began to leak, but the front-desk staff quickly provided me with a brand new one when I brought it to their attention. The other issue I had was noise, as I mentioned the hotel is situated near a highway. Road noise was audible at night, but not terrible, and I could hear more than I wanted of my upstairs neighbor as he moved around at 3 AM. For the price, though, I don't consider this a deal-breaker by any means. I typically just run the room fan for a little white noise when I need it.

The tv was a flat-screen model, with the usual local channels plus HBO. There is no breakfast provided, but there is a honor-system pantry with snacks and breakfast items, plus free coffee. I chose to just drive to the Starbucks .3 miles away.

Overall, this was a terrific value. The price was great, the room was very clean, the staff very friendly and responsive. I'd happily stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
jaymesnav, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites - Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you so much. We appreciate you taking the time to give us a very thorough review.
It really means a lot to us to have reviews such as your posted for future travelers to refer to when they consider where to stay in Dallas.
We are glad that your stay was pleasant and that our amenities were right for you.
I am sure that we can get you a cozy room on the opposite side of the building on future visits.
Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Irving, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

In addition to being a welcoming home away from, I want to thank Sededu Hailu for her assistance in reconnecting me with my Card Holder and all of the important docs it contained. I inadvertently left it at the hotel and Senedu found it, secured it and went the extra mile to track me down. I was very surprised and appreciative to say the least . Again thank you Senedu Hailu.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
jaymesnav, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites - Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let other travelers know of your experience at Candlewood Suites Dallas Market Center.
We dote on our friendly employees and I am so glad that Senedu was able to help you out in this situation.
We are so happy that you are pleased.
We look forward to seeing you again.
Waterloo, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My husband and I LOVED this place. We actually were driving around looking for hotels to stay at and came about this one. We've stayed at quite a few hotels in Dallas, and I'd have to stay I'd highly recommend this one over the rest. It offers the amenities you find at home allowing you to travel light. It comes equipped with laundry facilities and a gym, but even better, a dishwasher! I have yet to see any of the suite-like hotels I've stayed in come with a dishwasher. Needless to say, I was pretty estatic to see this - we are traveling at the moment with our baby, who needs bottles washed constantly, and it made things so much easier during our stay. On top of that, there is everything you need to cook with, which has only been offered to us in a personal condo we rented at one point. Maybe we're more used to the standard hotel, but our preference just changed, and for the price, this far outdoes the others! The personnel was friendly, and they have a tiny store for snacks (as well as microwaveable items, ice cream, etc) - really nice to have if you want to stay in for the night or forgot to get something before coming back to the hotel after a long day. We walked by a room where someone was actually cooking french toast in the morning - very nice to walk past! This was such a different experience than those you walk by and only smell something horrific coming from someone's room. Anyway - all in all, we would highly recommend.

Room Tip: I put excellent for all of the ratings bc there was N/A available. Everything was wonderful, however...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
jaymesnav, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites - Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
We are so happy that you both were pleased with the property, amenities and our friendly associates.
We appreciate your recommendation and so thankful you took time from your busy day to review us.
We hope we get to see you again soon!!
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Very comfortable place to stay, rooms were great and it was a great location. What truly made the stay memorable was the very courteous front desk person by the name of Senedu Hailu. She was a great help during my visit and was always there with a smile. Candlewood should be proud to have such a wonderful employee!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
James N, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites - Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very happy to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us and that your stay was even more memorable due to our valued Operations Manager, Senedu Hailu. We do consider ourselves very fortunate to have associates that constantly exceed our guests' expectations and focus on our business, which is hospitality.
Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.
phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Good location off of Mockingbird in central midtown Dallas. Friendly staff, Comfortable room, nice kitchen in room, and clean. However, the rooms facing the freeway have the roar of the freeway all night long.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
jaymesnav, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites - Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for your review of our property. We are so happy that you stayed with us and that your stay was pleasant.
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

This is a typical Candlewood: large separate rooms, self-help/honor system pantry, etc.

I think its strongest attribute is its value: free parking and low rates considering it's within the Dallas area.

Elite recognition: at check-in was asked to spin a wheel. Top prize was 1000 PC points. We won $1 for the pantry. It's not much of a platinum benefit: e.g. the Montreal Candlewood just gave me about $5 for the pantry outright, but it was cute/entertaining.

Staff was very friendly. The location was still a little out of the way for restaurants (we drove a few miles to an Olive Garden), unless you're content with the burger/steak type joint next door.

Would recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
jaymesnav, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites - Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us and for your review. We are pleased that you are a Platinum Priority Rewards Member and that you enjoyed our Prize Wheel.
We hope to see you again soon!
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I recently stayed here during training at nearby Love Field.
Reception staff were very friendly and efficient, for check-in and throughout my stay.
The room was very comfortable, clean and a good size with all the amenities one would want, and more than I expected.
All round a great place for one night stay or one month stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and were pleased all around. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Been to Candlewood Suites - Dallas Market Center? Share your experiences!