“Bring your bulletproof vest! Terrible location, manager is rude!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Dallas Market Center

You added Residence Inn Dallas Market Center to your Saves list
Residence Inn Dallas Market Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6950 N Stemmons Freeway, Dallas, TX 75247 (Northwest Dallas-love Field)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Northpark Shopping Offer
Ranked #90 of 190 Hotels in Dallas
“Bring your bulletproof vest! Terrible location, manager is rude!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011 via mobile

My family and I planned a few days in the Dallas area a week before our stay. I have a friend who works for the company who gave me the friends and family rate before she left to go out of the country. I made reservations online with that rate, received a confirmation with the special rate. when my family arrived at night, the manager proceeded to tell us we had to have a form to fill out to get this rate. Long story short, he didn't budge. Total jerk! I couldn't get a hold of my friend, because she was out of the country. No where was it written on line that I'd have to have a form to get that rate. I would not have stayed at this hotel if I wasn't getting a good rate. Here's why- when you pull into the hotel, there are signs everywhere telling you to take in your personal belongings. Barbed wire cover the top of the fencing around the hotel, and to make matters worse, most rooms are not located inside the hotel. (outside entrance). It must be a very dangerous area, because the gas station across the street has bulletproof glass around the workers! If you are considering this hotel- reconsider!!! Go down the street a few blocks, and there are more hotels in better locations!! Lots of places to eat too. What happened to the customer always bring right?! This manager hasn't heard the end of me!

• Stayed December 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

We had three rooms over several nights. They were all clean, well stocked and available.
The only complaint we had was that it is on a one way street and forever having to go under a freeway twice to get going the right way into the hotel.

Breakfast stopped at 9:30am, great if you are up by 9, but not so much if you aren't up till 10. There were several place to eat within a block.

Also, while we only slept 4 hours a morning, the rooms are quiet even though the hotel is next to the expressway.

Its 15 minutes to a half hour into downtown depending on time of day. Also a half hour to DFW.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Moving to Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

The staff was unreal so attentive, nice, and friendly. Rooms are remodeled and very well appointed. Service is outstanding. Great place to live long term.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2009

Overall this was a good hotel. Convenience to downtown and airports was very good. Rooms were very nice and up to standards. Breakfast was excellent and the evening reception was good as well. Staff were extremely attentive and great to work with.

Overall though the hotel in general and the grounds were not up to the standard of Residence Inn. Grounds especially didn't seem to be kept up to very well. Outside of my room the grass was dead, their was garbage on the sidewalks, 6 cigarette butts littered outside my door, and a nearby maintenance room was leaking water through the door the entire stay and made the nearby entrance to my room wet. The other problem, which isn't the hotel's fault, but the hotel is right off the freeway and you can hear the cars all night long. I was kept up half the night by the sound of vehicles and semis going past on the freeway.

Still a good hotel for the value but think twice if you are a light sleeper.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2009

Our team was on project for over a month in Dallas and I cannot say enough kind comments about the facilities and staff of the Residence Inn. One of the best experiences at a Residence Inn I have ever had. The front desk staff knew us by name and the sales staff really took the time to get to know our group and was always there if we had any questions.
Very good value: you get what looks like a brand new room witch is Very spacious, breakfast, dinner and drinks at night. Food is nothing special, but with the free bud light, I can overlook it. If my work ever brings me back to the area, I look forward to staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2008

We stayed here for three days during Spring Break and I can't tell you how impressed we were. All the problems mentioned in earlier posts have been dealt with - all the rooms are being renovated, the back parking lot has bright floodlights and the breakfast is substantial and free. We have traveled extensively and usually stay at Hyatt's, and the interior is on par with most Hyatts we have been to. We booked a 2 bedroom suite which was the size of a small apartment with a kitchen with granite countertops, and 2 bathrooms. There were 3 flat screen TV's and an ethernet line. There was a full breakfast in the morning and an evening social hour with basic, but filling fare (grilled chicken sandwiches, chili dogs) which changes every day. There was also a self serve wine and beer bar. Staff was wonderful and friendly.

Some have alluded to the fact that it is not in a great area - well, this is true insomuch as it is right off the highway and it is in a "business" area with gas stations and repair shops as its neighbors, but for the price, what do you expect? We have small children and we felt completely safe here, even at night. The doors are to an exterior, outside hallway, but again, we felt very safe. The only other issue is that it is still under renovation and even thought the unit next to us was being worked on, I can honestly say we didn't hear one bit of construction noise. The courtyard has a small but clean pool and whirlpool and a basketball half court. The lobby had fresh cookies and coffee available all day. The fitness center had fresh fruit, water and towels and 3 pieces of high end Life Fitness work out machines each with its own TV as well as weights. I would say this has to be one of the best places we have ever stayed if you look at value for your money. We would not stay any where else in Dallas!

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
cleveland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2007

My wife and I stayed there the weekend of the Dallas vs. New England game. The Hotel was clean, the staff was wonderful, and the area around the hotel is the problem. Know I see why this hotel has security; my passenger side window was busted. There are not any houses around this hotel, but one staff member told me there is a homeless shelter down the street! The hotels refuse to pay for any of the repair for the vehicle. Make sure you read the signs around the hotel; according to Denise Lennox, the signs stat the hotel is not responsible for any third party damages! The parking is very dark around the back of the hotel, try to park in front or find another hotel. Staff also told me this was the third time within the week this has happen. BE CAREFUL THIS IS YOUR VEHICLE; THEY WILL NOT PAY YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES!

Stayed October 2007

Been to Residence Inn Dallas Market Center? Share your experiences!