“Ok hotel but not up to usual standards” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Dallas Market Center

You added Residence Inn Dallas Market Center to your Saves list
Residence Inn Dallas Market Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6950 N Stemmons Freeway, Dallas, TX 75247 (Northwest Dallas-love Field)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Northpark Shopping Offer
Ranked #90 of 190 Hotels in Dallas
Orlando, Florida
“Ok hotel but not up to usual standards”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2009

Overall this was a good hotel. Convenience to downtown and airports was very good. Rooms were very nice and up to standards. Breakfast was excellent and the evening reception was good as well. Staff were extremely attentive and great to work with.

Overall though the hotel in general and the grounds were not up to the standard of Residence Inn. Grounds especially didn't seem to be kept up to very well. Outside of my room the grass was dead, their was garbage on the sidewalks, 6 cigarette butts littered outside my door, and a nearby maintenance room was leaking water through the door the entire stay and made the nearby entrance to my room wet. The other problem, which isn't the hotel's fault, but the hotel is right off the freeway and you can hear the cars all night long. I was kept up half the night by the sound of vehicles and semis going past on the freeway.

Still a good hotel for the value but think twice if you are a light sleeper.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2009

Our team was on project for over a month in Dallas and I cannot say enough kind comments about the facilities and staff of the Residence Inn. One of the best experiences at a Residence Inn I have ever had. The front desk staff knew us by name and the sales staff really took the time to get to know our group and was always there if we had any questions.
Very good value: you get what looks like a brand new room witch is Very spacious, breakfast, dinner and drinks at night. Food is nothing special, but with the free bud light, I can overlook it. If my work ever brings me back to the area, I look forward to staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2008

We stayed here for three days during Spring Break and I can't tell you how impressed we were. All the problems mentioned in earlier posts have been dealt with - all the rooms are being renovated, the back parking lot has bright floodlights and the breakfast is substantial and free. We have traveled extensively and usually stay at Hyatt's, and the interior is on par with most Hyatts we have been to. We booked a 2 bedroom suite which was the size of a small apartment with a kitchen with granite countertops, and 2 bathrooms. There were 3 flat screen TV's and an ethernet line. There was a full breakfast in the morning and an evening social hour with basic, but filling fare (grilled chicken sandwiches, chili dogs) which changes every day. There was also a self serve wine and beer bar. Staff was wonderful and friendly.

Some have alluded to the fact that it is not in a great area - well, this is true insomuch as it is right off the highway and it is in a "business" area with gas stations and repair shops as its neighbors, but for the price, what do you expect? We have small children and we felt completely safe here, even at night. The doors are to an exterior, outside hallway, but again, we felt very safe. The only other issue is that it is still under renovation and even thought the unit next to us was being worked on, I can honestly say we didn't hear one bit of construction noise. The courtyard has a small but clean pool and whirlpool and a basketball half court. The lobby had fresh cookies and coffee available all day. The fitness center had fresh fruit, water and towels and 3 pieces of high end Life Fitness work out machines each with its own TV as well as weights. I would say this has to be one of the best places we have ever stayed if you look at value for your money. We would not stay any where else in Dallas!

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
cleveland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2007

My wife and I stayed there the weekend of the Dallas vs. New England game. The Hotel was clean, the staff was wonderful, and the area around the hotel is the problem. Know I see why this hotel has security; my passenger side window was busted. There are not any houses around this hotel, but one staff member told me there is a homeless shelter down the street! The hotels refuse to pay for any of the repair for the vehicle. Make sure you read the signs around the hotel; according to Denise Lennox, the signs stat the hotel is not responsible for any third party damages! The parking is very dark around the back of the hotel, try to park in front or find another hotel. Staff also told me this was the third time within the week this has happen. BE CAREFUL THIS IS YOUR VEHICLE; THEY WILL NOT PAY YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES!

Stayed October 2007
Santa Fe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2006

We stayed here to catch an early flight out of Lovefield. The staff was friendly and the suite we stayed in was nice. It is an old building and it shows but for the price we paid we are not complaining. The breakfast was the norm, nothing special. Will stay here for the location.

• Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Alexandria VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2006

This is an older hotel which must have been a remodeled former hotel of another brand, and borders a very suspect part of town (I had my tailgate stolen in broad daylight from the nearby Sheraton Brookhollow). The layout is very peculiar, with exterior (outside) entrances to many rooms. These exterior entrances allowed unobserved access to guest rooms, which is a very poor security risk in this area - a total stranger could walk directly up to my door. Additionally, the layout allows for several unlit potential hiding places for criminal activity. When I arrived to check in, I noticed several rather unsavory-looking characters loitering in the area. I always stay at Marriott, typically Residence Inn for the value and comfort. This is definitely the worst of at least 15 Residence Inns I'm familiar with. My room does not have basic silverware. I'm sure I could get some if I called the front desk, but I shouldn't have to. My neighbors are in an out of their room continually, and my whole room shudders as their door slams. The kitchen is tiny, with a two-burner electric range, instead of the typical four burners. If you need an extended stay hotel near the medical facilities, and take into account the security concerns, this place may serve you well. As for me, I'd rather try a Fort Worth Motel 6 before I stay here again.

• Liked — Proximity to IH-35E
  • Disliked — High crime rate area
  • Tips/Secrets — Book Elsewhere - Marriott Suites, Renaissance are nearby, as are several Sheraton hotels, and much much nicer.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Temecula, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2006

The room looked brand new and it was spotless. The $9.99 breakfast was very good and I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Dallas Market Center? Share your experiences!