You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas/Stemmons Fwy(I-35 E) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas/Stemmons Fwy(I-35 E)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2287 W. Northwest Hwy, Dallas, TX 75220   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #85 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
Texas
“Ok for a night...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This hotel worked out ok for one night but I would not have wanted to spend additional nights there. We had an early flight and the location was good for that however, the location was pretty scary and we would not venture out in that area at night. The hotel itself didn't appear very appealing. The public area looked dingy. Our room was clean except the bathroom floor didn't look that great. The bed and sheets were comfortable and clean. The shower worked well too. We were put into a non smoking room however the room smelled of smoke. We asked to be moved but they said they could not move us. The clerk offered to cancel our reservation, but it was too late at night to find something else. We chose to stay, use some Lysol for the smell and it worked out ok for one night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas/Stemmons Fwy(I-35 E), responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear dsg560,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. I am so sorry our hotel was not able to meet your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Connie D
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
KC, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed here 6/22/2013. We were able to get adjoining rooms. The only problem we had was we "rented" a kids show and it didn't have any sound. I was able to go to the front desk several hours later after we got the kids to bed and they were able to take it off. Breakfast was good and overall it was pretty average for a hotel.

Room Tip: Call to get the room you want if you need something special.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas/Stemmons Fwy(I-35 E), responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear kc_motraveler98,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Karen G.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stayed overnight for a class the next day in Dallas. Room was in good shape and content. Took greyhound bus and took taxi to the Hotel (27 total with tip included). The hotel is near the hiway. Quiet and clean and I was on the 2nd floor which was non-smoking floor. Room had a stale smell and was gone once turned on the air conditioner to get air flowing. Room was double queen and overal clean condition and good to stay in since just sleeping. The food was decent.

Cereal/eggs/yogurt/eggs/toast/bagel/milk/sausages/gravy/biscuit and good mix. Lobby was clean and so was the food area. Business area was a desk with cpu/printer attached.

Booked via hotwire for $68 total, unable to use my membership card since it was though hotwire.

Overall happy and content and would refer this to anyone looking for a hotel.

Taxi from hotel to the campus was around $15 with tip included already.

No noise or smells noted. Bed was firm and no problem sleeping. Water pressure was good

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Istanbul, Turkey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for several days, as I was on a business trip. My room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. I wasn't impressed with the breakfast however I haven't been back to the States for two years - I forgot that all the food is processed: pancakes out of a machine, orange juice from a box, nasty cinnamon buns. Sugar, sugar, sugar ....ahhhhh the American breakfast (I didn't miss you).

Anyway...I have no other complaints. My room was quiet and the air-conditoner worked great.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas/Stemmons Fwy(I-35 E), responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear mikeycee0630,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. I am happy that you found the bed comfortable and noticed the cleanliness of the room. I am truly sorry to hear that the breakfast served during your travel did not live up to your expectations. Rest assured that this issue will be looked into. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen G.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I really like this hotel and its location is very convenient to restaurants, downtown Dallas etc....
The staff is very friendly and helpful and they remember you!
I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Huntsville, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I chose this hotel because of the competitive rate. I was in a hurry and did no research but figured HIE would be okay. Even if I had checked Trip Advisor first I would have booked this hotel because the reviews are good but I really can't understand why.
I got in at about 9 PM and went directly to find a bite to eat. There are plenty of options but they're spread out among as many "gentleman" clubs (first red flag). After grabbing a snack I was accosted by a beggar in the restaurant parking lot (second red flag). I went back to the hotel and observed a “couple” checking in that I suspect had asked for an hourly rate (third red flag).
My bed was clean and comfortable and although the room had been cleaned it had the smell that indicated it wasn’t really clean at all. My desk chair was broken and the unfriendly receptionist said she couldn’t do anything about it but then offered to let me take a chair from the breakfast area. There is no coffee in the lobby so I had to go next door to the Waffle House to get a cup.
This is probably the nicest hotel in this neighborhood but it’s just a real bad neighborhood and I think HIE tries but no matter how lipstick you put on a pig, it’s still a pig.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas/Stemmons Fwy(I-35 E), responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear BamaBarcoder,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

I was disappointed to hear that we had failed to meet your expectations on this occasion. I am also sorry if you were not completely satisfied with the cleanliness of our rooms and if some amenities didn't work. We regret that we were not able to resolve your troubles before you had departed.

Rest assured that all your comments will be looked into by the hotel's management and we'll make sure that everything will be addressed accordingly. I hope we get the opportunity to show you some of our improvements on your next trip to Dallas.

Dhan M
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Well, maybe Palace might be the wrong word, but close.
We left the dump and found the Holiday Inn. What a relief.
From check in to check out, nothing but a pleasant experience.
Check inn took a few extra minutes, but was surprised to hear the apology and a snack package for our patience.

Excellent parking facility. The Hotel was very nice and very clean.

The room was no exception. Very nice, comfy and very clean.

The bed was great. Slept like a log. I believe our rate was in the 80.00 range, but worth the price from the other place we fled from.

That is where I will be staying next year on our annual dining trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas/Stemmons Fwy(I-35 E)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas/Stemmons Fwy(I-35 E)

Address: 2287 W. Northwest Hwy, Dallas, TX 75220
Location: United States > Texas > Dallas
Ranked #85 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas/Stemmons Fwy(I-35 E) 2.5*
The Holiday Inn Express Dallas/Stemmons Fwy (I-35 E) is a newly renovated hotel located in prestigious North Dallas/Market Center, downtown Dallas. We are 12 miles from Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) and 2 miles from Dallas Love Field (DAL). We offer complimentary shuttle to Lovefield Airport Monday to Friday from 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM. The Holiday Inn Express hotel is 1 mile from Speed Zone & Texas Stadium/Cowboys Stadium. Downtown Dallas, Deep Ellum, West End, lower Greenville Avenue, Northpark Mall and the Dallas Galleria Mall are within 10 miles. When booking now, you have our lowest Internet rate guarantee and you earn Priority Club points for your stay with no extra fees! Our newly renovated hotel and its lavish guest rooms make it a perfect stay for the weary business traveler. Over sized rooms, luxurious sofas, granite tops are great way to unwind. For your dining needs, try famous restaurants in Dallas: Pappadeaux, Pappasitos, Pappas Brothers, Jason s Deli, Red Lobster and Olive Garden. Like the nightlife? Try Firewater Bar and Grill. Our meeting space is newly renovated and ideal for all types of events for 5-85 people. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, BookIt.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas/Stemmons Fwy(I-35 E) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Dallas/Stemmons Fwy(i-35 e)
Holiday Inn Dallas
Dallas Holiday Inn

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas/Stemmons Fwy(I-35 E), register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.