Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas/Stemmons Fwy(I-35 E) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas/Stemmons Fwy(I-35 E)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2287 W. Northwest Hwy, Dallas, TX 75220   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #98 of 188 hotels in Dallas
Pineville, Louisiana
“Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Was there on business from August 19th thru August 28th. This hotel's got just about everything one would expect from a Holiday Inn Express.

The front desk staff are very kind and courteous and helpful. I only stopped by for breakfast one time and found it to be very well done- good selection, and a nice ambiance in which to enjoy it.

Housekeeping was great and timely and did a fine job. The condition of the room was somewhat poor. The carpet was dirty and musty and the room had an odor, but it wasnt' overwhelming. The furniture was somewhat "beat up". Many surfaces had water marks and scuffs. The dresser drawers weren't fitting into the slots correctly and some of the bottoms of the drawers were falling out. The granite near the coffee pot and sink area had burn marks/stains. The bathroom was a good size with a large sink/vanity area, however the bathtub was tiny considering the large size of the bathroom. Water pressure was good and I always had hot water when needed.

Most of the "in-room" movies were over $10, so skip that. There was only one washer and dryer and I had to wait a good bit for use of the appliances.

The bed was very comfortable and I slept very well. The bed was very clean. The AC didn't have a digital display, so I had to guess on the tempurature setting.

Room Tip: Park in the front of the hotel- the back and side parking has signs all over warning people to hide...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
York, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We were looking for a hotel in the Love Field area and decided to give this one a try based on the fact that we have stayed at some nice HIE hotels in the Northeast. We expected no frills, just a good basic clean room. Our room was on the first floor and had a very musty smell but that aside, it amazes me that Holiday Inn would allow this place to be part of their franchise. It is very run down and dirty. I would not recommend this hotel. Lucky for us we only pre paid two nights and were able to find an excellent alternative

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Fayetteville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

While there is a strip club across the street (Baby Dolls), this hotel is in a pretty nice location with quick access to Interstate 35 and not terribly far away from Dealey Plaza and the JFK assasination site (for those of you who are history buffs) via a quick trip down I35/Stemmons Freeway. The rooms are clean and nicely appointed and the breakfast is better than average with hot items (sausage, eggs, gravy, etc.). In addition, there's a Starbucks almost literally in the same parking lot, a large convenience store within walking distance and Pappasito's Cantina and Pappas Brothers Steakhouse are a short driving distance away (both are top notch restaurants by the way). Joe's Crabshack is also within a short driving distance (not so great of a restaurant, but some people still like the place nonetheless).

While I wouldn't normally associate a quality hotel within a short distance of a strip club, I've stayed at this HIE multiple times and never really heard any noise from the establishment. In comparison to other HIE branded hotels, this one is slightly above average in my opinion (e.g. 6-7 on a 10 point scale).

Room Tip: First and second floor rooms are easier to access and are non-smoking. Smoking rooms are available...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Clarksville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Used to stay here all the time and its probably been 3 yrs since my last stay. Still a decent hotel, but not as nice as it used to be. It's not located in the best area and no real restuarants near by.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Hayden Lake, ID
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I chose this property because of the poor ratings for other hotels in this area.
The desk clerk at check in was friendly. When I returned a couple of hours later for a dinner recommendation a different desk clerk was on duty and she would not take her eyes off her personal computer to even acknowledge my presence or answer my question.
The property is tired and in need of updating. The room had dirty walls and there was mold on the wall outside the shower from water overflow. The towels were of low quality.
The breakfast was mediocre at best with watery eggs and tasteless orange juice. With nearly 30 minutes left before the end of the alloted breakfast time, the "attendant" was already in process of shutting down for the morning.
Should I ever find myself in need of lodging in the area of Love Field, this place is not an option.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas/Stemmons Fwy(I-35 E), responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear affalken,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our hotel. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had because of the condition of our property and the services you received during your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights first night was relaxing which didn't make up for the second with the loud music going on til all hours of the night would've been nice for the staff to have informed us of a private
party upon check-in never again!

• Stayed June 2012
Goodland, Kansas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Their breakfasts were full breakfasts, not just some doughnuts. Rooms were a bit smaller than some suites I've stayed in, but were still nice. Bed was great and I slept well. Close to Love Field, easy to access from highway. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas/Stemmons Fwy(I-35 E)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas/Stemmons Fwy(I-35 E)

Address: 2287 W. Northwest Hwy, Dallas, TX 75220
Location: United States > Texas > Dallas
Ranked #98 of 188 hotels in Dallas
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas/Stemmons Fwy(I-35 E) 2.5*
The Holiday Inn Express Dallas/Stemmons Fwy (I-35 E) is a newly renovated hotel located in prestigious North Dallas/Market Center, downtown Dallas. We are 12 miles from Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) and 2 miles from Dallas Love Field (DAL). We offer complimentary shuttle to Lovefield Airport Monday to Friday from 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM. The Holiday Inn Express hotel is 1 mile from Speed Zone & Texas Stadium/Cowboys Stadium. Downtown Dallas, Deep Ellum, West End, lower Greenville Avenue, Northpark Mall and the Dallas Galleria Mall are within 10 miles. When booking now, you have our lowest Internet rate guarantee and you earn Priority Club points for your stay with no extra fees! Our newly renovated hotel and its lavish guest rooms make it a perfect stay for the weary business traveler. Over sized rooms, luxurious sofas, granite tops are great way to unwind. For your dining needs, try famous restaurants in Dallas: Pappadeaux, Pappasitos, Pappas Brothers, Jason s Deli, Red Lobster and Olive Garden. Like the nightlife? Try Firewater Bar and Grill. Our meeting space is newly renovated and ideal for all types of events for 5-85 people. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, BookIt.com, Expedia, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas/Stemmons Fwy(I-35 E) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Dallas/Stemmons Fwy(i-35 e)
Holiday Inn Dallas
Dallas Holiday Inn

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas/Stemmons Fwy(I-35 E), register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.