“Almost perfect” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Market Center

You added Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Market Center to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Market Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2150 Market Center Blvd, at Stemmons Freeway/I-35, Dallas, TX 75207   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #84 of 190 Hotels in Dallas
Gurnee, Illinois, United States
“Almost perfect”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

What do you expect from a Courtyard by Marriott? I expect clean rooms, friendly service, fast check in, a decent room, quality food (since it's not a continental breakfast) and a decent gym. I got ALMOST all of those things but had a couple of hiccups along the way.

I was in Dallas for business a couple days in April and stayed at this Marriott. My flight out of Chicago was over 6 hours delayed due to severe weather and so I called ahead to the hotel to let them know I wouldn't arrive till well after 1:00 am. They said not a problem, they'd be waiting for me.

I arrived just after 2:00, completely exhausted. Front desk told me they could not check me in because their system was rebooting and it would take 15-20 minutes. After all the hell I had been through this was not another problem I was hoping to encounter. I curled up on the couch in the front lobby and waited for them to get me a room. With my advance notice I would have preferred they get my room keys and everything set up before rebooting their systems. It was just a major hassle.

The next big issue was the elevators. They were both HORRIBLE. My room was on the 4th floor and I had luggage so I used the nearest elevator. It jumped and stopped / started so many times I was getting so frustrated... and eventually a little bit panicked! I couldn't wait to get out and get to my room. The next day I took the elevator near the back of the hotel, but it was not much better. At one point it just kept opening and closing the door with the floor dropping under me each time.

No one likes to be stuck in a metal box, hanging by wires. I was very disappointed with the lack of upkeep on BOTH elevators at this property.

Otherwise this hotel hit the mark on everything else that I have come to expect from this respected chain of hotels. Before booking, just call and see if they've fixed their elevators.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Christopher P, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you visited the Dallas Medical/Market Center area. We're sorry we were unable to meet all your expectations during your stay. We appreciate the feedback you left and for giving us the opportunity to address your concerns with our Elevator and late night check in procedures. We're glad you were able to enjoy your stay overall and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We came to Dallas from Austin for a little trip with my Father and Son and found this place driving along I35. Stopped in the front desk to get prices and was very reasonable. Hotel staff was great. Mrs. White at the front desk did a great job and made us feel very welcome! We are big guys and beds were perfect for us. Could have used a bit more pillows... but if that's the only negative that is very good! Location is perfect and area was good so we felt safe along with security guard driving around all night for our vehicle. To sum it up Two Thumbs Up!

Room Tip: We faced I35 which I liked.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Christopher P, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you and your family were in the Dallas area. We appreciate the time you spent to leave us some feedback about your stay and we're glad you were able to enjoy your stay. We look forward to hosting you again in the future and giving you another two thumbs up performance!
Shelby Township, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

The four of us stayed here one night while we were passing through Dallas. This sprawling Courtyard is a perfect choice for either business or personal travel. Our 5th floor room was both large and spotless. Many rooms include balconies, however, ours did not. We used the outdoor pool, fitness center, market and bistro.

The fitness center is small, but equipped with gym-grade LifeFitness treadmills with built in TVs. A rubber-coated free-weight rack and water fountain are also included.

We had the outdoor pool to our selves, and some quality sunshine to enjoy. The pool and courtyard were well-maintained.

It's necessary to mention that all staff encounters were a positive experience. These people were professionals that seem to enjoy their jobs. Would definitely stay here again, and would certainly recommend this property to friends.

The DART rail system, which links you to anywhere in Greater Dallas, is a short drive away with free parking. Downtown restaurants, attractions, sightseeing are minutes away without the hassle of ditching your rental car. Daily rail passes are $5.00, and $2.50 passes for seniors, kids under 14, students, etc.

Room Tip: Request a balcony room facing the pool and courtyard.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Christopher P, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback about your most recent stay with us. We're glad you were able to enjoy your stay and we appreciate the time you spent highlighting our property, what we have to offer and our staff service. Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you visited the Dallas area and we hope to see you soon.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is my hotel of choice. First of all it is pretty affordable and it is in a prime location to downtown Dallas. When we stay there, we are able to take a cab into the city to enjoy Dallas's lovely nightlife and only pay about 6-9 dollars in cab fair *which you can't beat if you want to enjoy yourself at the bar or places downtown*. The rooms are nice. I love the outdoor fire pit they have. We have spent many nights there talking and laughing. They offer a bar inside the hotel for a quick drink - they have food... and the staff has always been very courteous and friendly. So if you are looking for a good, clean hotel- this is your place. The only complaint I have is the fact some nights when there are a lot of events going on- the parking can be hard to find. The last time we were here- April 12-14 I was upset because there were many vehicles taking up 2 parking spots and the security man was just chillin' in his golf cart on his phone. I wish that he could have better maintained this so I wouldn't have had to park so far from the side entrance. Other than that minor complaint- I still love this hotel and will stay here anytime I am in Dallas.

Room Tip: We had a suite that over looked the pool... it is a pretty nice view if you are able to get it!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing to stay with us when you visit the Dallas area. We're glad you enjoy your stays and that you continue to call us home when you visit Dallas. I am sorry to hear about your concern with the security guard. I assure you I have already looked into your concern and it has been addressed accordingly. Thank you for your time and we look forward to your next visit
Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

From the minute we walked into the hotel to the minute we left, we were treated kindly and with a smile on everyone's face. The Guest Service Agent who checked me in was wonderful, Holly was great in making sure we got the bed type we requested (for some reason, we always get put in a room with two beds instead of the one we request at other hotels, annoying!) and helping us find a restaurant (I would add the Kozy Kitchen to their breakfast list, it was incredible and all organic which isn't something I care about, but helped me feel good for .5 seconds), and the team in the mornings at the Bistro and Guest Services desk were all super friendly and helpful. I normally stay at the Renaissance when I come to town, but that will be changing from now on!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to not only leave some feedback about your stay but to also recognize one of our staff members. Our staff works extremely to make every guest stay a memorable one and we're glad you were able to enjoy your stay enough to see us the next time you travel to Dallas.
Lititz, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I think this was a nice Marriott Courtyard. We stayed at this hotel while in town for a convention. The staff was very friendly and the room was nice. The bed was comfortable and the room was adequate sized. There is food available in the lobby, but be aware, I think the items were pretty pricy. The lady in front of me in the morning spent way more money than I could imagine on breakfast. Also, the daily rate for the hotel jumps immensely after the weekend. We opted to switch hotels to the Marriott Fairfield Inn immediately next door to save ourselves $60.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Christopher P, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you visited the Dallas Medical/Market Center area. We appreciate the time you spent leaving some feedback about your most recent stay. We use all feedback we receive from our guests to improve our amenities and/or service. We're glad you were able to enjoy your stay and we look forward to the opportunity to host you again in the future
Waco, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We were in Dallas for the Big 12 Women's basketball tournament and selected this site for four nights. It was only 1.2 miles from the American Airlines Center where the event was scheduled. Driving there was quick, but we were happy when the front desk personnel suggested the DART (Dallas Area Rapid Transit) as a way of getting there if we did not have parking reservations. The most inexpensive parking at the Center was S18 plus tax, but the DART Senior Citizen rate was $2.50 per person for local travel all day (until 3 AM the next morning - The Adult fare is $5). We had to drive a short distance to the Market Center DART station where we could park across the street from the station in a very clean and nice parking lot. Most of the time there was a Police Car in the lot so we felt secure. Crossing the street was usually not a hassle. If you select this mode of travel you have to purchase your DART ticket from a vending machine on both sides of the tracks. The track closest to the road/parking side travels N. away from the AA Center, and the other track travels S. to the AA Center where it stops in front. There are other travel options such as connecting to the TRE which we did not take. We traveled back and forth to the AA Center all day on the one fare (make sure to have the ticket when you board as there is no buying one on-board). The longest we had to wait was about 15 minutes. Both the Orange and Green lines go to and from the AA Center which is the next stop.

The Hotel site was as we expected for a Marriott. It was clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful, especially housekeeping and the front desk. There is a limited Bistro menu for some AM and Evening dining, alcoholic drinks, and Starbucks coffee. Usually at Marriot sites there would be coffee available all day, but not at this site which served coffee when the Bistro was open. The closest Restaurant is a Denny's which is not elegant but good for this type of restaurant. Upscale dining can be found not too far away. The site is also convenient to the Medical Centers on Harry Hines Blvd. and the Market District. We were on the top floor and asked for a view of the City which was great even though we were right above Medieval Times. One caution: Don't open the drapes in the AM as the sun streams directly into the room...unless of course you do so keeping your eyes away from the window or wearing sun glasses....even then it could be dangerous. We would stay at this site again if headed to the AA Center.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback about your most recent stay with us. We appreciate any opportunity we have to improve our guest experiences! We're glad you were able to enjoy your stay during the Big 12 Tournament. Thank you for the kind words about our Hotel and Staff

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Market Center? Share your experiences!