“Great location and nice rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #56 of 188 Hotels in Dallas
Louisiana
“Great location and nice rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Spent two nights here recently and enjoyed the stay. The service is attentive and responsive. I actually mentioned to the front desk staff about an issue in the exercise room and, to my surprise, it was repaired by the time I went to workout the next morning. Great location to get into the McKinney area for meals or to meet friends.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the south side and there will be no highway traffic noise. I actually had a room...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Wylie, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

We often take mini vacations on the weekend. My husband chose this hotel since we had stayed here before. I absolutely love it. My new favorite Dallas hotel. Reasonable price, clean, great service. The room is awesome with separate living and sleeping areas. I would have no problem staying in this room for weeks. We will absolutely be staying here again.

• Stayed April 2013
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed at this hotel while we visited Medieval Times so we only stayed one night. The room is a suit, with separate living room and bedroom with a small kitchenette (refrigerator, microwave, sink and coffee maker). The room seemed clean, but there were roaches in the kitchen area. I'm not sure how you get away from that in Texas, but it is still unappetizing. The bed is a full size, so I thought it was a little small and not very comfortable. The hotel has an indoor pool and gym and they were both clean. The smell of chlorine overwhelms you when you walk in the pool area, but that was actually a good thing as a kid threw up in the pool while we were there. There is a bar in the hotel with friendly wait staff. The hot, made to order breakfast is what makes this hotel stand out. The breakfast was part of the cost of the room. They offer made to order omelets, and a variety of other hot and cold items on a 4 or 5 table buffet. They had everything and everyone in the hotel is there in the morning, so go early to get a table.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

During my family's road trip, we stayed at multiple hotels. This hotel in Dallas was the best. The Marriott had a multitude of amenities including a great fitness center and a nice lobby with TV's and couches. Possibly the finest part of the hotel were the rooms. Our room had basically two rooms. One part of the room were the beds that were complimented with a 40" HD TV. At the other end of the room lays a lounging area with couches. The rooms are spacious and very nice. The location is not bad, but not great. If you have a car, it's easy. The hotel is right off the highway and right near the city. For the quality of the hotel, the price was a bargain at $139 a night. If your coming to Dallas I would highly recommend the Marriott.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Don't let the location of this hotel put you off... sure, it's right next to the freeway in an older part of town, but everything else about this hotel is terrrific. Check in was a breeze, the staff were super friendly and helpful, and our room was perfect in every way.
We also had a chance to try the food in the restaurant and it was delicious.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

First off, I stay at many Marriotts across all brands, from Ritz to Fairfield. The hotel check in was very quick, I was pre-checked, the room layout is good, but my room smelled bad. It had a musty odor, like it needed a good airing out and deep cleaning. The windows did not open and the dust that came off the sheers sent me to the bar.

The bar is nice, happy hour prices of 5 dollars for wine, draft beer or their seasonal cocktail, is great. Can get full food menu at bar, to take to room, staff wonderful.

Back to room, I was expecting a small microwave in room, was sad not to have one, again the room layout is good, split bath, separate bedroom, comfy bed, nice large televisions, good internet. I do love that they have a laminated channel guide on coffee table. However, only 2 towels and no extra sheets in closet to cover stained couch. Good toiletires.

However, the room smell never went away and I did not get used to it. The last straw was when the shower never got hot, and I felt like I could not get steam into my sinuses to wash away the issues, so I check out early.

I advised the desk staff why I was checking out early and they were surprised, and did offer what they could but I was already mentally out the door. Also, they had put the internet charge on my room, they took it off, but I have not been charged internet at my rewards level in years. Don’t stay in room 1101!

TIP to Hotel: Many of the Marriotts around the country have taken to using Rubbermaid Anti-slip mats in bathroom, this was not in my room and the tub/shower had nice tile etc but NO anti-slip, I think this should be added.

Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed Monday-Thursday and had a great stay. The staff was friendly and welcoming and the room was updated, clean and very comfortable.

Pros:
--Plenty of parking (and free)
--Spacious Rooms with large flatscreen TVs
--All staff were extremely friendly (especially in the Concierge Lounge)
--Fast room service (and tasted great!)

Cons:
--The hallways smelled like rotten eggs. However, there was a note under my door on the last night that a pipe had broken in the hotel that they were fixing. So, I guess I can't fault them for that.
--The water pressure wasn't that strong in the shower

Overall, a great stay and I would gladly return!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Dallas Marriott Suites Medical/Market Center? Share your experiences!