“Not so great....” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Dallas - Frankford Road

You added Extended Stay America - Dallas - Frankford Road to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Dallas - Frankford Road
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18470 North Dallas Parkway, Dallas, TX 75287 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #114 of 190 Hotels in Dallas
Pryor
“Not so great....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Where do I begin? (1) There was a group of 6 of us, traveling to that area of Dallas for a conference. The director of our group booked our rooms (3 rooms, 2 to a room) and was told our rooms were "Queen Bed with Sleeper Sofa". When we got to our rooms, none of them had sleeper sofas, only 1 bed. One group of two from my party complained and was given a room with a 2 queens. Another group of two complained about the overwhelming stench of smoke in their room and they were "upgraded" to a 1 bdrm suite, my roommate went down to the desk and asked if there were at least roll-away beds available and she was told no by a clerk with what looked like saucers embedded in his ear lobes. I went down to the desk and asked the other clerk, who appeared to be new, if we could get a roll-away, and he said he would ask his manager. He came back and said they could do that for us "at no additional charge". I asked, "so you will bring us a roll-away?" and he said yes. An hour later, no roll-away had appeared and we had to leave for a meeting. When we arrived back at the hotel at 10:30 p.m., there was still no roll-away, so I used my cell-phone to call the front desk (the phone in the room did not work) and asked when we might get the roll-away. I believe it was the same clerk I previously talked to, but he sounded like he was totally unaware of it, then said, "ma'am we are still working on it...maybe tomorrow". I said we were only staying the one night, and would they at least bring some additional bedding. (2) I understand that this is hotel is set up to accommodate people who stay for several days, and thus will cook in their room/kitchenettes...however, as you walk down the hallway, the odors of the cooking was overwhelming to the point of nauseating. (3) I killed a spider on the bed and my roommate killed a roach in the bathtub. .... on the upside, I did notice that the place was pet-friendly, which was nice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Frankford Road, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that you had a less than perfect stay with us. Unfortunately, we do not provide sleeper sofas in every room and we had a limited number of roll-away beds and due being sold out we were unable to provide one during your stay.We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience. Our well equipped kitchens provide a convenience to our guest that alloworu guest to be able to prepare their own meals. I am sorry that some of the aromas were troublesome. Your feedback is very important to us, as it helps us to continue to improve the service we provide. If you have any additional comments, I invite you to contact me at PLN@extendedstay.com for us to discuss further. I hope you will give our hotel chain another chance when you have the opportunity.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Mississauga, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Rooms dated but the price was right. Heavy masking perfume odour from cleaning materials. Bed soft from wear. In wall air con made it difficult to sleep. Provided breakfast was the usual over cooked scrambled eggs, sausages for price okay. Have shuttle service which is amazing given the price.

Major downfall would be the lack of restaurant's nearby and no in house restaurant. You can order from takeout menu which might be okay. Paid $5.00 each way and the shuttle drive took me a good restaurant and picked me when I called.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that our "Grab & Go" breakfast didn't satisfy your needs but I am happy you were able to enjoy yourself at one of the nearby full service restaurants. Again, thank you for your review and we hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Garland, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed in this facility for 8 weeks this summer and it was as comfortable as it could be to not be our "home." James and every member of the staff was courteous, friendly, professional, responsive and seemed genuinely interested in our comfort and well being. We have two small dogs that they even cared about! I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and would most assuredly stay here again!!! NO QUESTION!!! Great place!!!

Room Tip: Stay here!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Frankford Road, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such nice comments about your two month stay at our hotel. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the time you, your wife and two dogs spent with us. Thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I have been trying to book a room for almost two weeks now ..every time I call they tell me they are assisting other clients take my information and never call back !!! I called again today to ask about the monthly rates Moriah answered ,again I was told that she was assisting other people .. I Called again an hour later no answer ...called again they pick up and hang up in face ..I have been calling all dayyyyyyy no answer !! Thanks for being so rude ..

• Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Frankford Road, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I was disheartened to read that my front desk staff is not answering telephone inquiries properly. Please accept our apologies.

I met with the staff, and we will work harder to ensure that phones will be answered and all calls will be returned by either staff or management. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. It is also possible to make reservations on the internet at www.extendedstay.com.

I invite you to contact me, at PLN@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Winder, Georgia, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The staff is great, but the facilities needs some work. WiFi was terrible. Location is very convenient with grocery, restaurants and pharmacies close by. For someone who has to stay for an extended time, it is very nice. Felt safe in the building.

Room Tip: Be sure to insist on Nonsmoking room as those that have been smoked in have been treated, but it is...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Frankford Road, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and apologize for our internet service not working properly. We are scheduled for an upgrade later on this year which we understand will correct the issue you encountered.

Diamond Bar, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I just located to Dallas from Southern California and on a tight budget, so I was looking for something clean and reasonably priced. As a retired travel professional I was expecting exactly a two star rating, Wow was I completely surprised. To be honest I was hesitant writing the review, as I want to keep the place to myself (LOL). Pictures included

When you walk in to the lobby is very well laid out, there is seating while you wait. The interior design is of that of a Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn. Tia displayed exceptional customer getting me into a room at the last minute, and answered most of the questions and the concerns that I had about the hotel. After a two-day drive, I wanted clean and comfortable. I was not expecting much after the rating, however after I got to the room and was pleasantly surprised at the one-bed room suite. There was a kitchen with a refrigerator, stovetop with two burners, microwave and sink. (See the pictures). There was a small but nice living room area. There was also a bedroom. This hotel was neither a two star hotel nor a high end 3star, but it should have a three star rating. It is a small staff here (Tia, Ed, Moriah) but they very efficient and will assist you with whatever you need. I thought my dishwasher was broken, but after talking to the Freddie the maintenance person, it was not broke at all, it was just the way it was installed. He is so tremendously helpful; he is a Texas Native and can answer questions about anything (Really!)
James (hotel manager) is extremely resourceful, and will share information about local eateries, museums, and city information (He is like a walking encyclopedia) and very approachable not stuffy like some managers at the bigger chains(my opinion). If you have a concern Go to him and he will address the issue.

You get room service once a week, but I have a small case of OCD (LOL), so I just clean my own room. You can get your clean towel and sheets as much as you like. There is a daily continental breakfast (very small selection)

I write this in truth as this is a good place to stay while you are here on quick business or relocating. It’s not a Marriott or Hilton Extended stay, but it is better than anything that I was able to find that was in my price range for a monthly stay. The area is extremely safe, and you can walk to the shopping center that has what you need.
The only negative thing that is that The hotel needs a couple of those green dog trash bends on the premises, as some guest Don’t pick up after their dogs and it makes the grounds look nasty, and it can smell! The other thing is super minor maybe add a few more items to the continental breakfast.

Thanks James, Tia, Ed, Moriah, and Freddie for making my stay comfortable and pleasant. But most importantly.Thanks for giving me a warm welcomed of professionalism and courtesy of true Texans!!

Room 239

Attn; North Carolina Corporate Office . You have a good team here. They represent your brand very well!!!

Room Tip: 3rd floor is smoking. I was towards the end of the hallway, and it was extremely quiet!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Frankford Road, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. It's wonderful to hear that our staff took great care of you during your stay. We strive to make our guests feel at home by providing the best service we can offer. It is extremely rewarding to know that we were able to do this for you!

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to continue welcoming you back in the future!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

The staff at this location has made us feel like valued customers from day one and we are going on six weeks. The hospitality is second to none and it starts with the General Manager, James. As the first person I dealt with at my initial check-in to a Priceline issue yesterday, James has exceeded my expectations. The front desk staff demonstrates the same great service day in - day out. Tia always meets us with a smile and positive attitude which makes us feel welcomed and valued. Moriah always makes us feel like her top priority while I can see she has several things going on. There is nothing not to like about Patty and the young man working late nights has been very pleasant during the little interaction we have had. I work in the service industry and this staff has blown me away.

The community here seems to be quiet and respectable. I have not seen any "questionable" characters or so called riff-raff. We feel safe which is very important to us.

Location is also great. There is anything from a very nice mall, grocery stores, fast food/restaurants, etc. Located on the tollway and a mile off the George Bush Turnpike means getting anywhere in the metroplex is simple and fast.

The only ding I can give is the wifi signal is weak or intermittent at times. It would not take much to upgrade the network or wifi signal and I feel confident others feel the same way.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing pool/courtyard. The outside rooms in the front can get noisy due to the closen...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Frankford Road, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Josh - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your stay, our convenient location on the North Dallas Tollway at Frankford and especially the hard work of our staff.

Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to host you again soon at our hotel.

Been to Extended Stay America - Dallas - Frankford Road? Share your experiences!