“Not a good idea” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Dallas - Frankford Road

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Dallas - Frankford Road to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Dallas - Frankford Road
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18470 North Dallas Parkway, Dallas, TX 75287 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #111 of 188 hotels in Dallas
Carrollton
“Not a good idea”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Needed a hotel as our house had been flooded, and this was were representatives of our Insurance company thought we would be ok until the house was resolved.

Desk staff were great - they attempted to resolve every issue that was brought to their attention reasonably promptly. Unfortunately, they did not necessarily have decent support.

Every room had at least one light with a broken switch. Wifi is capped at 100K/sec (unless you buy upgrade), although all 3 rooms I stayed in had a good signal. CAT-5 (LAN) ports in all rooms, but not actually wired/live (I would have preferred to plug in my firewall rather than use a public LAN). One room had extensive water damage which amplified sounds from activities rather than dampened them. This caused an 11:30pm eviction to another room (which was not water damaged -- same running around by 3yrd old in new room were not an issue for neighbors).

Police do not respond to calls by Front Desk of crimes in progress. Multiple vehicles were broken into during stay. In one case, miscreants needed +20minutes to breakin to a vehicle (they were trying not to smash windows, and apparently Suburbans are next to impossible to break into otherwise). Front Desk was notified, checked out what was happening and called the police, who never showed up.

When we were moved into the 3rd room, that was exceptionally nasty. Front Desk had been told that the room was ready, so gave us the keys to the room. We went up to find the door open, used sheets on an unmade bed, and used condoms in the bathroom. I didn't bother checking anything else out, just went back down to the front desk. The Front Desk contacted House Keeping and assisted them in cleaning out the room, but still! (And why does HouseKeeping need FD Staff assisting them in their chores anyways?)

This is NOT a site I can recommend or will be going back to. I've also informed the appropriate parties at our insurance company (and AAA).

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Frankford Road, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The issues as you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am constantly coaching the staff. We are to check all rooms prior to any guest ever setting foot inside to avoid these type of errors. We are a team and want to make sure that you know that, as a guest, you are our top priority. We appreciate your comments as this allows us to make the necessary changes to better our hotel for present and future guests. I assure you that this is not common for Extended Stay Hotels and certainly not this site. I am personally working on making the appropriate changes to make this site perform where it should be. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at eshriber@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stay at the plano Homestead on occasion and the staff have always been very friendly and accomodating. Kalina has always remembered me and make checkng in a breeze. She seems to always have something positive and funny tro say She is an asset to your organization. I will always reccomend your hotel to my friennds! Dana Tweed

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Frankford Road, responded to this review, December 4, 2012

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

The absolute worst guest service I've ever encountered at any stay I've had at this location !!! After 20 minutes of standing in the lobby and more than 5 other guest calling for assistance the manager of the hotel comes down to the front desk. This hotel is short staffed and over worked employees are rude!

• Stayed November 2012
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Frankford Road, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that you had to wait for assistance and that you felt the staff was rude. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I will be speaking with the manager personally to find out what happened, as this is not common practice at Extended Stay Hotels. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at eshriber@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I originally came to Homestead in the beginning of June 2012. At this time i was traveling back and forth between Houston and Dallas. On my first visit , I had a larger room and it was very accommodating for 2 people. I enjoyed my visit so much that i decided to come back. The 2nd time i came was not quite as pleasant, but this is to be expected anywhere you go as not all situations can be controlled. The main issue was the smells coming from the room 2 doors down(just a family useing strange spices to cook, causing headaches). Easy fix though, staff member Kalina did her best to work with me and get me moved to a better location. I had a such a great experience there that i have decided that is where i will come every time i am in town. So far I have !!!!

Room Tip: "Second floor is the calmest"
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Frankford Road, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that you had some issues with some of the guests aromas from cooking. Sometimes we have guests from out of the country that cook and it does permeate through the hallways. It can be very strong, so I do apologize for that. I am glad that we were able to move you to a better location in the hotel to make your stay more enjoyable. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at PLN@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Homestead Dallas/Plano location at the beginning of September while awaiting my new house to be ready. The staff there is very friendly and accommodating. They will make you feel like your right at home! This is a great place for anyone in transition or looking for a home away from home!

• Stayed September 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Frankford Road, responded to this review, September 27, 2012

Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We arrived in Dallas late at night and tried to put the address of the hotel into our GPS. Our printed information from our reservation said the unit was located in Plano, but no such address could be found in Plano. So we called the hotel, told the staff where we were and asked for directions. We were guided 40 miles out of the way, and finally got back to where we needed to be after several more phone calls. It took us 3 hours to find the hotel after we left the airport, all because of the staff. At one point, we arrived at what we thought was our hotel but the clerk said there was no reservation for us, and to go check out the other locations nearby. None of them had our reservation. By now it was 1:30 a.m. We went back to the one we believed to be correct and insisted they give us a room. Oh, they found the reservation that time. During the following week, we were overrun with ants and other bugs, and when we reported no plug in the tub, we were told we must be mistaken. When we asked for two more hangers, we were told that five was all that was allowed per room. The breakfast included cereal but no milk and no juice. Terrible, terrible experience! The last two night, a baby cried all night next to us and we heard it as though it were in our room. No insulation?

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Frankford Road, responded to this review, September 5, 2012

The staff and I strive to provide friendly service, clean rooms and a comfortable place to stay. WIth this in mind, I am glad to hear the staff was continuously communicating with you in order to help you find our property; however, I am saddened to read how long it took and that we could not find your reservation the first time around. As well, the room condition you described is not up to our standards, and I will be speaking with all of our staff about these issues. Please know that we take your review seriously and will work to improve all of our processes.

Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I'm here for a few months as I just relocated back to Dallas area. The staff is super sweet they treat like you're a guest in their home, one young lady (Kaleena) there isn't a question or problem I had that she couldn't solve. Even the housekeepers always have a smile for you. The two bedroom is perfect if you've got kids. Great view of the pool and spacious enough to get my work done away from the kiddies, it even had an oven. The internet is super fast although it bumps off every now and then but if I called Kaleena at the front desk she'll have it reset in a matter of minutes but it's free with the stay which is an awesome plus. Anytime I needed maintenance he'll be there on the spot. The grocery store is a few feet away and it's really close to at least a dozen nice restaurants. Two exits from Addison and two exits from the mall in Plano and Walmart. I love this place it's the next best thing to being at home.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool will give you a good sunrise wake up is you keep you window open. Third floor...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Frankford Road, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
It is incredibly rewarding to the staff and I to read the kind words you have written about your stay at our hotel. We work very hard to provide 100% guest satisfaction; based on your feedback, it is clear we have achieved this with you. I will be sure to pass your kind words on to Kaleena and the rest of the staff.

Thank you for your positive review. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future or at any of our other brand locations.

Been to Extended Stay America - Dallas - Frankford Road? Share your experiences!