“Amazing hotel for this price range!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Dallas / Park Central

You added Hyatt Place Dallas / Park Central to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Dallas / Park Central
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12411 N Central Expwy, Dallas, TX 75243 (Formerly AmeriSuites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #60 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
Texas
“Amazing hotel for this price range!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2008

Midweek prices in Dallas can be a real shock so I was looking for a better priced alternative to the usual place I stay while in Dallas for a quick trip... They will be sorry that their midweek price sent me to the newly renovated Hyatt Place because I will never go back after finding this hidden gem on 75 near 635! What a great surprise... I read the reviews on here saying it had been redone and upgraded with 42" flat screen televisions but for the $129 price for a Wednesday in Dallas I was blown away by the boutique hotel feel and extremely courteous front desk staff. The room was perfectly appointed with granite counters, mini fridge, wonderful comfy beds and that wow factor 42" flat screen... I didn't think I'd get any sleep because I was so happy enjoying my room! A pleasant continental breakfast is embellished with some great custom order and pay options and the starbuck's coffee choices and constantly available crisp granny smith apples have made a quick fan of me. I'll be back again and again and again.

• Liked — Courteous Staff, Clean, Excellent Room, Reasonable Price!
  • Disliked — that I didn't know about it sooner!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Northern NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2008

I would recommend this hotel. It has been completely renovated and the rooms are great...they are clean and new. There is a sitting area in your room with a L shaped couch and flat screen TV.

During my stay, the hotel was at an extremely low capacity. If you're looking for a hot spot for activities, this is not the place for you. Very Quiet.

I didn't venture far from the hotel so I have no idea of what is around the area. My first impression is that there really isn't much in the immediate vicinity.

Amenities: The hotel is a no frills type of place. There is a self service kiosk for check in. For food there is a small bar that serves alcohol and a limited menu of hot and cold food. There is a free continental breakfast.

The staff is very friendly and makes you feel as if you are a guest at their home.

Just based on cleanliness, price and comfort I would recommend this hotel. I can vouch for location.

• Liked — Recent Renovations
  • Disliked — Slow, not much going on.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
fw, tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2008

This is now the Hyatt Place, Dallas Park Central.....fantastic rooms with a 42" plasma television, and brand new furniture and amenities. Felt like we were staying in a much more expensive boutique hotel. Brand new super comfortable bed, wet bar, refrigerator, and fold out sofa. Located almost next to the High Five interchange at 75-North and 635, there was a bit of traffic noise, but nothing that keep us awake. The staff was friendly and attentive, and especially Kim who among her other duties, drives the courtesy van to any location within 5-10 miles. Definitely a find in a sea of bad choices in Dallas

• Liked — The price for the qualityof the rooms
  • Disliked — Nothing really comes to mind, unless you are arriving or departing during rush hour
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Rogers, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2008

My husband and I stayed at Amerisuites for three nights. We drove to Dallas to see a comedy show and just have a long weekend. The service is very friendly. The rooms are exactly as they look on the website. Not luxury but very much acceptible for the price. Our room was very clean and all the amenities worked properly.

Take advantage of the free breakfast, it was actually very delicious.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Odd location
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
A PLACE CALLED HOPE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2007

The hotel is exactly what it claims to be, a 2 star hotel. It was clean but basic. The furniture was clean and in good shape but had that "cheap" look to them. The air worked fine and I had no problem with leaks or oders. The bed was of average comfort but the sheets were on the rough side. I used the self serve laundry facilities. They have one washer and one dryer and it costs $1 each to use them. You can get detergent and softener at the front desk for $1. The breakfast in the AM consisted of scrambled eggs, sausage, make it yourself waffles, pastries, cereals etc. It was very crowded and they ran out of plates. They have one waffle maker. They also have the slowest elevators I have ever seen. All the staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel is just off the interstate and easily accesible to downtown. It is in a safe area and the hotel clientele were mainly tourists. I stayed here for two nights using my Hyatt gold points. I would not stay here again unless it were free but I am partial to "nicer" hotels.

• Liked — It was free
  • Disliked — slow elevators
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2007

When I got to my room it was musky and then I realized the airconditioner didn't work.. They changed my room and there was a leak under the sink..they changed me again and the room was "ok".. the rooms are dark and depressing and you and you can hear every noise. the breakfast was nothing special even though they advertise a "bountiful buffet" its not. This hotel is not even close to being 2 1/2 stars. maybe 1. If you have a choice stay away.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2007

Upon arrival check in was quick and simple. The lobby was nice and there was a free complimentary breakfast. The room I reserved did not have a working air conditioner. I contacted the front desk and after about 30 minutes they transferred to me to another room. The only problem was they had a smoking double because they were overbooked and I reserved a non-smoking double. Smoke troubles my allergies so I went to check the room to make sure it was suitable and did not smell like smoke and to my surprise it did not so I happily changed rooms. The hallway had a heavy smell of smoke though. The room was average and clean. There was some mold around the grout of the bathtub which was kind of gross. The bathroom sink is outside the bathroom which was nice since there were 2 people staying in the room. There was also a full length mirror which I thought was great since most hotels don't have them. The room had a good sized sitting area with a table, couch, desk, and small sink area with a microwave and small refrigerator. There was free wireless internet access and an ethernet cable in the room, which worked much better than the wireless as the signal was very low. The location is good, easy access to hwy 75 and hwy 635. I didn't have any problems sleeping with the highway traffic sound. Even with my room facing the highway, I could barely hear it. Overall it was a good stay.

• Liked — Easy acces to the major highways
  • Disliked — The mold around the bathtub
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hyatt Place Dallas / Park Central? Share your experiences!