“Nice room - great staff!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Dallas / Park Central

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place Dallas / Park Central to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Dallas / Park Central
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12411 N Central Expwy, Dallas, TX 75243 (Formerly AmeriSuites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast & WIFI
Ranked #56 of 188 hotels in Dallas
Kansas City
“Nice room - great staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a tournament at the Dallas Convention Center. This hotel was chosen by our group for access to 75, free wifi (fast), free breakfast, good rate and pool. Hotel was very accommodating about our request for early breakfast as many guests at hotel were part of tournament. I saw breakfast sandwiches, French toast, scrambled eggs, biscuits/gravy, sausage, fresh fruit (not so good), yogurt, breads and juices, coffee, and Tazo teas. Room had nice decor, refrigerator, wet bar, desk and a great TV and sectional sofa/sleeper. A/C in room was very noisy and double beds were comfortable for one, but not comfortable enough for two adults as you could feel it collapsing toward the middle. We made use of both beds and sleeper sofa to accommodate our family. Overall nice stay - very pleasant staff!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Laura K, Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas / Park Central, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for staying with us during your tournament! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and we could accommodate your group with an earlier breakfast! We hope you can stay with us again!

121 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

1st let me start with I've previously stayed at this location and was pleased with each stay. That was until this last time.

2nd - The front desk staff was the VERY BEST! The desk clerk, Mark, was very nice and went out of his way to help out the problems we had. The following morning the young lady, who I didn't get the name, was extremely helpful and did her very best to get everything straightened out as quickly as possible.

3rd - The problems: We had a late check in so we were exhausted and my twin toddler nieces were ready for a comfy bed. Once in our room, we found food still in the fridge. I called the front desk and he apologized, said he would be right down to clean up and gave us a free movie for the inconvenience. While waiting I went to the bathroom - HUGE soaking wet spot in the carpet in front of the sink, then in the shower used soap. I walked down to the lobby before Mark could get to our room and explained the other issues with the room. He said he would move us into another room, unfortunately there were no other double bed rooms so we moved to a king bed room and he cut the room rate in half due to the inconvenience. Opening the door to the new room, reeked of smoke. Fearing I would get "fined/charged" for smoking in the non-smoking room, I called down to the desk and complained of the smoke smell. He explained it used to be a smoking room and unfortunately even with the remodel rooms on that floor still had smoke smell. Ok..fine. I understand that. So after almost a hour getting into a room that was ok, we settled in.

The next morning, I called down to see about getting moved to a double since that's what I was booked originially. The young lady was very nice and said as soon as one was available we would be moved and said they would also help me move into the new room.

When the new room was available, my family had returned and we moved ourselves. Next...the a/c never really cooled the room. We had it set at the highest setting with the coolest temp and it never got cool. Yes, I understand Texas heat. I was born and raised there...and even lived in Dallas. All other stays at any Hyatt, we've never had problems with the a/c. We were in and out that afternoon, hoping each time that the room would be cooler when we returned each time - didn't happen. By the time we returned to the hotel that night it was late and we didn't want to have to go thru the whole changing rooms (if available) again, especially since the twins were already sleep and had to be carried into the hotel.

This was our 4th time at this location. We used to stay at the Los Colinas one but our Dallas family moved and Dallas/Park Central was closed to them. We've decided we'll just go back to the Los Colinas one and hopefully we won't have any problems.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jackson, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed staying at the Hyatt. It was clean and inviting. The complimentary breakfast was nice too. The breakfast included eggs, pancakes, sausage, oatmeal, pastries, fruit and a variety of morning juices. The only complaint that I had was that the room did not come with a microwave. My husband and I had leftovers from the day before and wanted warm them up for lunch. We called the front desk and they were polite in insisting that we bring our food down stairs and they would warm it up but we decided to just eat out again for lunch. The location is nice too. It is in the middle of everything but on a quiet street with a cvs right across the street just in case you forgot something while packing. We would definitely book again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has an awesome location, it's close to everything. Dallas best shopping, dining, & nightlife are nearby. The room feels like you have your own apartment. The staff is friendly, the breakfast is good & the free happy hour reception is cool. The beds are great, flat screen, everything seems new & clean.

• Stayed January 2013
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

This is a very pleasant hotel, almost excellent for the price. I booked five rooms a couple of weeks in advance and were able to get a great rate which was unavailable a few days in advance when I wanted another room. The staff were very helpful, and I followed Tripadvisor tips in choosing rooms. Access to the hotel is extremely easy. I read that someone else complained about parking, but I found it ample in that there were always empty slots.

The breakfasts allow a fair amount of variety with quasi Egg McMuffins, (and a different eggy dish in addition one day), warm sweet thing (waffles, pancakes, and French toast on the days we were there), real hot oatmeal, cereals, fruit salads, pastries, etc. If you want modification to the hot dish, you can ask the cook or walk 10 feet to the front desk, and they'll bring it to you.

The wifi was strong the whole time we were there, and we were on the sixth floor. The rooms are large, although the closet space might be small for some people. The reason I didn't go for a rating of 5 is that the arrangement of the room means that if one person gets up early, the light from the dressing area shines strongly onto the bed. If you use the light from the mirrorless bathroom (leaving the bathroom door open), the sound of the fan will wake the sleeping guest. However, that was the only problem we had with the room, and it could be rectified somewhat if a mirror were placed in the bathroom.

Room Tip: Request a room on the Churchill Street side (away from the expressway) and on an upper floor. We had...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Humble, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have been returning to this hotel for almost a year now all do to the great staff that has been there to take care of me. Upon this visit I leaned that another one is leaving which mean there is only one left of the guest services staff that have made my visits here so enjoyable. I will return for another visit and hope all the new staff have learned well.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors and away from the elevators.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Our room was very spacious for four of us. The breakfast was outstanding, and the staff were friendly and accommodating. Quirky as it sounds, we got a big kick out of the funny birds in the back parking lot. They make the strangest calls, and there are dozens of them. The only thing I would recommend is that you request a room on the front side of the hotel, away from the freeway. We could definitely hear the freeway noise from our room, which I believe was near the southeast corner.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Place Dallas / Park Central? Share your experiences!