“A Pleasant Surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
Lake Charles
“A Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2009

This hotel is a definite MUST stay! In my opinion, the price we paid ($110 total for two nights) was too cheap. You gotta see it for yourself. The rooms were a good size. We had a nice view; we stayed on the 3rd floor. I tell you, I was shocked to learn that this hidden treasure turned out to be so great. The only minor problem, which I didn't report, was the odor in the room--it was sort of a musty, old smell. But heck, for the price we paid, it wasn't too much trouble for me to spray Febreeze and Lysol to freshen the room up. The beds were SUPER comfortable. I felt like I was sleeping in my own bed at home. My husband and I used the workout room which only had three machines, but it got the job done. Oh my God, the front desk staff on Saturday morning was SO friendly. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. You gotta see it for yourself. So, if ever looking for a bargain in this part of Dallas, please stay here. You might get the same value at the Homewood Suites next door or at the Holiday Inn across the street, but I guarantee you'll pay a whole lot more for the same exact service you could recieve at the Fairfield Inn Dallas Park Central. Thanks a bunch to the mangement and staff for leaving such a lasting and pleasant impresssion on me and my family!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

The staff was really helpful and the rooms were well kept.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2009

I gotta say, I was pleasantly surprised when I opened our door! The room was SO clean, new carpet, bedding gorgeous and the BEDS!! WOW! I have never slept on hotel beds that were so comfortable. Even my own bed at home is not that comfortable. I could have stayed in there all day!! My back is really bad right now and I was worried if I was going to live through this, so I was so grateful when I slept like a baby.

The staff is "down-home" and are so helpful. Just don't listen to them about restaurant recommendations....Whew!

I will definetly go back there if I'm ever in Dallas again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2009

My best friend and I reserved this hotel for our annual girl weekend. We decided to bring our mothers along. When we got to our room our mom's found little black bugs all over. The front desk changed their room but the temperature in their new room was freezing. We never could get the temperature right. They called the front desk for blankets and there were none. Then we found a fire ant in one of our beds. The trash can was not empty and was full of black hair. The gal who worked the front desk was nice but was limited in helping us. It was not her fault.

As a result we are canceling the rest of our stay and moving to another hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

We were visiting Dallas for the 4th of July, and we needed a conveniently-located, reasonably-priced place to stay overnight. The bed was outstanding, and the sheets were of a higher quality than expected. The bathroom fixtures looked dated, which surprised me. My research showed that this property was either built or renovated in the late 1990's.

The free wifi worked well, and there was no code required. The free breakfast wasn't as good as what is offered at the Hampton Inn, but there was a waffle iron that produced waffles in the shape of Texas and microwaveable sausage/biscuit things.

I have stayed in places before that had curtains thick enough to block out a supernova. This property has bright exterior lights. If you are sensitive to light, bring a sleep mask.

We didn't use the indoor pool, but it looked like the guests who were in there were having a great time. Some other guests were having a good time, too, while I tried to sleep. The sound of folks running, jumping, and slamming doors transmits quite well from floor to floor.

Overall, I feel I got my money's worth. The room was spotless, the check-in was fast, and the stay was pleasant.

• Liked — The comfy, padded mattress
  • Disliked — Noisy Neighbors
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Okla City, OK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2008

Attended a family reunion. 9 adults with two young children (1 & 4). Total of 5 rooms. Very quiet and clean. Everything worked. Kids enjoyed to indoor pool. Central to everywhere we wanted to go. Staff attentive. Only negative was high humidity in corridors. Highly recommend.

• Liked — Clean and quiet
  • Disliked — High humidity in corridors
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2008

We arrived at this hotel for three nights in December. When we arrived there was a party in progress with loud music in a meeting room just off the lobby. We were assigned a room on the 2nd floor where we could hear all the loud music. We asked to change rooms. The staff was very pleasant and gave us a room in a quieter part of the hotel.

We noticed some maintenance problems in our room. The smoke detector was missing. Only the base plate for the detector was present on the ceiling and there were electrical wires dangling down. Also, we noticed that the lock on the window was broken. A large piece of the latch was missing and the window could not be locked. I took photos of these items for documentation purposes.

The room was clean but furnishings seemed rather spartan. There were no pictures on the wall. Also no small refrigerator. In our opinion, just sort of a bare bones room.

We stayed the first night and checked out the next morning. We just didn't feel safe in this hotel with a missing smoke detector in our room and a broken window latch. We wondered: How many other rooms in the hotel are in this condition? Just how well is this hotel maintained? The staff was very friendly and helpful but we just did not have a good feeling about the hotel based on what appeared to us to be inadequate maintenance.

• Liked — Friendliness of front desk staff
  • Disliked — Grossly inadequate maintenance in our opinion
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Park Central? Share your experiences!