“Nice hotel but got asked for money in parking lot” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #71 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
Oklahoma
“Nice hotel but got asked for money in parking lot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2010

The hotel was very nice. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good and they went out of their way to make sure everyone was finished and had all they needed before closing up the breakfast area. The room was clean and comfortable. There was a little wear showing in the bathroom but nothing unacceptable. The pool was warm but only 3 1/2 feet deep. They had a hot tub and a workout room. The location was good but a little bit hard to find if you didn't have a printed map with directions. With the directions we had no problems finding it. You had to wind through a residential area and appartment complexes. It was right near the Gallaria mall and close to the freeway. One evening my two children and I arrived back at the hotel probably about 11:30pm and we were approached in the parking lot by a nicely dressed man saying he and his wife were stranded back on the highway and his family was in Ohio and they needed money to stay in a neighboring hotel. They were short $16.00 and could I help them out. I gave him $20.00 and hurried into the hotel. Legitimate? who knows, well probably not but I figured 20.00 was worth there being no scene or other problems with my kids there. I didn't really feel unsafe and the parking lot was very well lit. This hotel is directly next to an Embassy Suites and a Motel 6 so there are other hotels in the area. We would probably stay here again but I would be ready to get inside the building right away after parking!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Oklahoma City, OK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

We stayed at this motel for two nights checking in on Thursday, November 4th checking out Saturday, November 6th. Because of the previous reviews about vandalism, we chose to take our older vehicle (2003 Honda Odyssey). We had no problems while there. We also didn't leave anything in our car unattended.

The place was clean with a decent breakfast. The front desk people were helpful and friendly. We stayed one night paying and one night with points. We had no problems with doing that and stayed in the same room both nights.

It was hard to communicate with the cleaning ladies since they didn't have a grasp of the English language. I realize this is the case in many locations, but frustrating anyway. I left a tip (either $1 or $2 I can't remember) since the rooms were clean. I tip when they are clean since a few dollars add up if everyone leaves a little for them.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Muskogee, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

Although the Hotel itself is nice, the risk of staying here is not worth it. We arrived at the hotel after dark, we thought it looked nice and it also has a Country Inn & Suites across the parking lot. We were literally there for 45 minutes when our car got broken into. We had gone up to the room and started upacking, my son and his friend went back to the parking lot to get a drink from the cooler in our car. There was glass all over everywhere, car was completely ransacked and several electronic items including our video camera (which was hidden down in the console) were stolen. We had left nothing out in plain view. We called Dallas PD, they took an hour and half to respond. While waiting for the police, we observed the parking lots of both hotels crawling with thugs looking into people's cars, one would even change clothes once in a while from a strategically based bag of clothes sitting behind the dumpster. We stayed close to the front doors of the hotel while waiting. We called the PD back to say there were several people checkiing door handles and looking in cars, the still took forever. When they finally arrived, they informed us that this is not a safe side of town to stay on and that this happens all the time in this parking lot. The next day in daylight, we discovered there was a low-income apartment building right next door to the Country Inn & Suites (across parking lot from Comfort Suites Park Central). This is where all the low-life, degenerate, coackroach thugs were flowing out of. We also observed several obvious hookers (about 2:00 am by this time) flowing in and out the front doors of the Country Inn and Suites. We alerted the hotel clerk of what had happened. He didn't seem surprised. We lost half a day of vacation getting our window replaced and can't replace the electronics. These hotels do not care about their guests, because if they did, they would have better security. Either hire a security company or have fenced in parking. Until this is done, these hotels are showing they could care less about the trap they are setting up for their customers.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

We stayed one night at this hotel with 2 friends. I was in two minds about this place because of the reviews about vehicles being broken into, and we had a Bose sound system in the vehicle that one of our friends use for her music concerts. But we had no problems.

The suites are quite spacious. I wish the bathroom sink counter space was bigger, but it was adequate. A couple of lights in our room didn't work, and our friends said that some in their room didn't work either, but there were enough light fixtures that the room had sufficient light. We arrived late night and having the in-room microwave was so convenient for us to heat up the dinner that we brought in. (I do wish Comfort Suites would provide a couple of disposable plates and utensils in the rooms though. That would be so convenient.)

Breakfast was ok. The food was hot and plentiful. But the orange juice was pretty watery. We only stayed one night so don't know if this is usual or a fluke.

All in all, the place suited us and we would stay here again if we are in the area.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Bethalto, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

Stayed 2 nights at this hotel in August 2010. we booked 2 rooms side by side, one for us and one for our 2 daughters, ages 22 and 19. They were able to have free wi-fi which we found helpful and it also kept them entertained in the evenings. These rooms were $65 per night, plus tax.
The rooms were good sized, mini-suite rooms with the beds, and a couch and coffee table, a small desk, and the bathroom. Also we had a mini-fridge and a microwave, and an iron and ironing board in each room. A few small things with our room were loose tiles in the bathroom which wiggled if you stepped on them, and a very loud A/C unit- sort of like a freight train coming through- the fan was vibrating and hitting something, never could get it to quiet down below a dull roar. Also the shower head leaked- it shot up and into the side wall of the shower.
The breakfast was included and was very good, the waffles came in the shape of Texas! Also were eggs, sausage and bacon, hash browns, cereal, donuts and muffins, bagels, milk, juices and coffee - we found it to be a very wide selection. Staff was not friendly in general, the lady tending to breakfast area talked on her cell phone the whole time each morning so no one was able to ask her any questions, if needed.
We evidently booked this hotel during a massive mob of kids and teenagers- not sure what they were in town for but they ran up and down the halls-still heard them at 1am- but of course this is not the fault of the hotel.
We were in a convenient area to pick from many places to eat- went to Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen- AMAZING! I highly recommend if in the area to give this place a try!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

I average 10+ trips per year to the Dallas area and this hotel is the one I have stayed at the most. The only complaint I have is that the AC is turned off when room service cleans the room, so when you check in, it can be a bit stuff. One other minor issue is that the TVs are a bit old. The staff is friendly, including the manager Nick. He recognizes me each time I stay and greats me by name. The breakfast is good for continental. The pool and hot tub are nice. The area is in an area where you can drive to hundreds of restaurants within 5 miles and there are a lot of shopping malls in the area. Some posts reflect that they do not feel safe staying here. I have always felt safe, the parking lot is well lit. The rooms are very large and basically are split into a living room and bedroom. I have walked down the street to Saltgrass (even at dark) many times and felt safe. Don't get me wrong, I would not want to walk a few blocks away from the main road.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Amarillo, Tx
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2010

Our family of four stayed in a suite with two queen beds and a sofa bed. Check in was quick and efficient. We were given a room on the third floor.

The room looked nice and clean. The bathroom was spotless. Closer inspection showed the grout on the tile floor was not in great shape. A lot of cracks and a few floor tiles were loose. The toilet seemed to get clogged fairly easily so I am betting the floor was in rough shape from it overflowing multiple times. Just hope it got mopped some. The shower head was also in bad shape. It had multiple setting but is was falling apart. I finally got it set on just a normal spray, but it took a lot of fiddling to get that.

The rest of the room looked good though one of the beds was pushed up right next to the A/C unit.

Looking at the beds, they looked nice and clean. They even use fitted sheets which I really like. HOWEVER, the fitted sheet on my bed was coming off and as I was fixing it I noticed some bad stuff.

The mattresses on the beds looked extremely old. My bed has a large brown stain that started on the top and went down the side. Seeing this would have normally led me straight back to the from desk, but there was a VERY clean, white pillowtop add on over the mattress held in place by elastic bands. While that made it tolerable for me, I still cannot give real high marks for this hotel because of this. I just tried to not think about it and what the stain might possibly be.

The TV was a big tube TV. However, many channels would show up black. All the channels were mislabeled on the screen. Not sure if it was just our room or the whole place was like that.

The breakfast was another downside. The selections where very slim and the person who was suppose to restock items was not very attentive or even around very much. SO really I was stuck eating cereal because all the bagels and pastries were gone. The only hot items I saw were eggs (weird, precooked individual serving eggs) and bacon (very flimsy and thin) or sausage. Not even any biscuits to go with it.

The hotel is located next to a couple of apartment complexes. There is a gas station in the next parking lot where it looks like day laborers hang out all day. One evening as I was going to my car I was approached by a young man asking for food money. I would not let kids go outside by themselves day or night.

While the price I paid was very good, I doubt I will stay at this hotel again. I would rather pay a bit more to avoid the bad things encountered at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites Park Central? Share your experiences!