“Not bad for the price” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #71 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
Overland Park, Kansas
“Not bad for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

It was a nice enough room, but it was a pretty bare bones cleaning by the maids. The furniture was pretty dusty and you could tell the carpet in the corners hadn't been vacuumed in quite some time. They never did clean the bathroom mirror the 4 nights we were there. For the price though and convenient location to the Dallas area, it was okay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Kathryn L, General Manager at Comfort Suites Park Central, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Vicki,
Thank you for taking time to complete our review. We value our guests feed back , so we can help our property continue to improve. I will be speaking to my staff in regards to the room issues that you have brought to my attention. We will use your feed back to ensure these items are added to training and resolved.
Again we appreciate your assistance. Let me know if there's any comments or suggestions.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Texarkana, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I had booked our reservation through our insurance company, which offers a lot of great travel discounts, and was specifically looking for a free breakfast, indoor corridors, and an indoor pool. Check, check, and almost check. The pool heater is broken (should be fixed by this weekend), so the desk clerk told us we could walk across the small parking lot to the Motel 6 indoor pool. Worked for us. Our room was really spacious and clean. The bath tub did look like it missed out on the last update, but it was clean, and that's what counts. Breakfast was wonderful, complete with a fireplace and computer for checking email handy. Our room was on the first floor, and we found it to be just what we were looking for in the north Dallas area. It is right along the I-635, so there was noise from the highway, but we expected that. It was very convenient for our Dallas visit. Each staff member we spoke with were very courteous as well. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Rob,
Thank you for taking time to complete our review. Everyone on my staff enjoys taking care of our guests, just like they were guests in our homes. We appreciate your great review and looking forward to your next stay .
Indoor Pool Heater has been replaced and is working wonderfully. We are greatful for your patience and understanding regarding the indoor pool heater malfunction.

Best regards.
san antonio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

The hotel was clean, the rooms and beds were comfortable, and for the price, it was a good place to stay. However, the downside was the "heated" indoor pool was COLD, the hot tub was sort of warm. We stayed two nights, and one morning, they ran out of milk at breakfast.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Kathryn L, General Manager at Comfort Suites Park Central, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for compliments regarding our property. I do apologize in regards to the pool not being warm and the hot tub only being warm. Unfortunately the part that needs repair has to be handled by a person from the manufacture. We do look forward to your next visit.

Best regards,
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

This was the 2nd time I traveled to Dallas, and I had previously had a horrible experience with a different hotel so when we arrived at this one the front desk clerk was very nice and welcoming.When I walked into the room it was very nice and clean. The bed was comfortable but I really hated those pillows, they are way too soft! Our room was located in the 3rd floor and I didn't like I had to go all the way down to the lobby area to find the snack machine... there was a vending machine on the 3rd floor but only for drinks. Another thing I really didn't like was that the housekeeper came knocking on our door at 10 am asking when we were leaving, I said well checkout isn't until 11 so after 11? And she made a face, my husband decided we should stay another night since he didn't get there until 8 am and wasn't fully rested, we went to the lobby and let them know we were staying another night around 1230. Finally, when we were back in our room the housekeeper knocks again and asks if we checked out yet, I told her we were staying another night and she asked if we had payed for the room so I said yes and told her to just take the trash and give us clean towels and shampoo.

I felt aggravated because the housekeeper kept making us feel like she just wanted us to get out of the room, I understand you have a job to do but it's rude to come and ask the guest if you are leaving soon, let alone if you payed for the room so I think they need to do a better job informing the housekeeping staff about when a gues is still in the room and when they checked out. Other than that, we were pretty happy with our stay. It was comfortable and affordable, if we ever come to Dallas again we will probably stay here.

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you for your review in regards to our property. I apologize about the housekeeping staff knocking on your door before check out time and then again after you had extended your stay. I will be addressing this with the staff to ensure it doesn't happen again to another guest.

Best regards,
Christchurch, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Rooms large but dated and still has the lingering smell of smoke.
Was located out of town and public transport not frequent in the area.
Would need your own transport.
Breakast typical American with sugary food and a poor effort at fruit, but did have yoghurt.
The morning crew were friendly but not super helpful and the night staff were polite but didn't go out of their way to help.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Kathryn L, General Manager at Comfort Suites Park Central, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay at our location. If you would like to contact me regarding your stay I can be reached by email at comfortsuitespc@gmail.com . We try to make every guest feel comfortable during a stay at our hotel. I apologize we didn't make you comfortable during your stay.
West Valley City, UT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Second time we have stayed here for an extended stay. Very comfortable rooms and good pool. Breakfast was enough to get you going for the day and the staff was very helpful. Noisy group on our first night and the staff quieted them down.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Kathryn L, General Manager at Comfort Suites Park Central, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for staying with us again. We enjoy hearing about our guests stays. Looking forward to your next stay.
Charleston, West Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Let me first say that this stay was a rewards point stay so although this is a very reasonable price for a Comfort Suites, price point has no bearing on the review. I have stayed in a ton of Comfort Suites - the rooms are nice, they are non smoking hotels so the rooms don't smell like ashtrays and they are generally newer, well kept hotels. This is obviously an older hotel, and lets be fair and say that remodeling was still under way there at the time. There were places in our room where the trim had not been put back yet, and the beds were hard as rocks. The elevator was down on two separate occasions while we were there including our departure day, the pool was a bit on the green side and the most of the equipment in the workout room was not functional or was in poor repair. Most of the staff were friendly and helpful including a room change after the first night because apparently the people above us decided to let their children run around in the room all night long. I have certainly stayed in worse places, but had I been footing the bill I would have been a little disappointed with the stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites Park Central? Share your experiences!