“Turned out to be great!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas North by the Galleria

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas North by the Galleria to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas North by the Galleria
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   13900 Parkside Center Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75244   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #86 of 188 hotels in Dallas
Austin, Texas, United States
“Turned out to be great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Was a good price, staff was friendly and helpful, they had a hot tub, pool, and fitness center, good parking, etc. Was very impressed. No fridge but everything else you could want. Had a great night sleep on the comfy bed too. I'm not a breakfast guy but unlike most intercontinental breakfasts they had enough room for everyone to sit, and a wide selection of items. Appears they are trying to be the generic business traveler motel but they offer a lot for the price. They have a full selection of candy & drinks by the desk and while they are a bit spendy, the Chevron is right behind the motel and McDonald is a block away.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Dearborn Heights, Mi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Fast and friendly service upon checkin. The staff ensure i knew all of the amenities, wifi code, breakfast times etc. there was a great INDOOR pool and jacuzzi, a workout room where the equipment actually worked unlike some hotels. The breakfast the next morning was great. It had a huge selection better than some of the really expensive hotels I've stayed at. The breakfast staff were extremely friendly ensuring customers had everything they needed. The stay overall was wonderful. Would highly recommend this hotel when traveling with family or on business for the sole business traveler. Ill be back next time im in the area.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

We arrived quite late at night (1:30 am - or very early in the am) and called ahead to let them know our approximate timing. Very nice over the phone and when we arrived we spent all of 3 minutes checking in and off to the room. Quit comfortabls and complimentary breakfast, which is a added value these days. The only thing is that without a GPS it's a bit hard to find. Otherwise, recommend as a nice stay.

• Stayed January 2013
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Ok, this is a Fairfield, so just by knowing the brand dont expect a 5 star hotel.
With that being said Fairfield north beats most of its-kind hotel competitors by a few things.
- Location
- Room quality
- Service

now, the only CON I found was that the breakfast was not very good (its free), but still it didnt meet my expectations, besides that, it was really good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Sylvania, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Fairfield Inn North over Thanksgiving. Since the inn is located off the main road in a peaceful, residential neighborhood, the hotel lends itself to relaxation. We were greeted by a very friendly front desk staff, who were more than willing to change the location of our room due to the chlorine smell of the pool and my asthma. The room, a suite, was clean, roomy, and nicely decorated in the typical style of a Fairfield Inn property. The breakfast was also typical of a Fairfield property. I was glad that fresh fruit and yogurt were available as I am not a fan of powdered eggs. Overall, we will definitely stay at this hotel the next time we are in Dallas as it is a good value for the money.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite if available if you are staying more than one night. This room type definitely a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Boulder, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This Fairfield Inn itself was fine - my reservation was in order; the room was clean albeit a little on the worn down side; the staff was friendly and helpful. I think I got the last parking space when I arrived at 9:30pm, the place was fully booked. My room was surprisingly quiet, given the fact that I was possibly the only lodger that night who was *not* a middle-school girl on a soccer team. (-: Apparently there was a big tournament in town that weekend. The teams did make use of the breakfast room virtually impossible, I can't comment on what was available. The one public computer didn't work, but the desk clerk let me use her computer at the front desk to print my boarding pass. This would surely be a convenient and relatively inexpensive place to stay if one is going to be based in North Dallas. CAUTION: A nearby major highway, 635/LBJ, is under construction and a total nightmare. I advise using another route, if possible. Sorry to say, ALL of metro-Dallas has traffic that's horrendous, so possibly check in to using a private helicopter! (-:

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

The manager, Dwayne Palmer, at this hotel knows customer service and went above and beyond. I am a huge believer in customer service. If I am treated well, I will return. I stay at hotels about 245 days out of the year. Platinum with many chains, I experience hotels on many different levels. This was your typical Fairfield, but definitely better than several that I have stayed in. Being a Marriott property you can always expect a clean room with a comfy bed and pillows. Our room had a refrigerator and microwave(they all might actually). Upon check in, the front desk staff was super friendly and helpful. In fact, all staff i dealt with were delightful and helpful(not those, 'i hate my job-i shouldn't be working in the hospitality industry-types). I was upgraded as a platinum member which is always a plus!

Internet and breakfast were included in room price. I have no complaints in these departments either. They serve a full continental breakfast with hot foods as well(waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage etc). And, i can't forget the Faurgield staple, Jimmy Dean's breakfast sandwiches!! Yum! They also had hard boiled eggs(my fav!)!!!

Coffee & hot tea were available at breakfast as well as the in the lobby in the evenings where they also served free popcorn(which is super yummy)!! I had two little bags one night when we watched a movie! ;) thanks Fairfield.

The location was good as well. I found a nice, safe running trail not far from the hotel by a college. There was also an amazing little coffee shop in walking distance along with a few fast-casual type restaurants(tacos, smoothies, Chinese etc). Not to mention, its super close o the highway and to DFW plus the Galleria shopping complex is a very short drive away too.

Anyway...when I made it to my room I had a Dole salad kit including cherry tomatos with me that I threw in the fridge. I absolutely first checked what the temp gauge was at since in the past I have had hotel refrigerators set to max cold and freeze my salad. No bueno! Only this time there was no gauge. That led me to believe there is no need to worry about freezing my salad.....but I was wrong. I woke up to a frozen salad! ;(. I went down to the front desk and showed the manager. Without hesitation, he immediately suggested running to the store to pick me up a new salad AND tomatoes!! And that's exactly what he did! He drove to the store and purchased a new salad bag and a pint of cherry tomorrow's since the store didn't carry the exact one that I had which included a few tomatoes. If that's not amazing customer service, I don't know what is!!! I would definitely return and recommend!! I was not expecting that at all. I honestly don't know what I was expecting...lol. At the end of the day, problem solved and I got to enjoy my yummy salad! Comfortable, good location, nice staff and a manager committed to customer service. That's my kind of hotel! ;)

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas North by the Galleria? Share your experiences!