“Manager went Above and Beyond!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas North by the Galleria

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas North by the Galleria to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas North by the Galleria
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   13900 Parkside Center Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75244   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #86 of 188 hotels in Dallas
“Manager went Above and Beyond!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

The manager, Dwayne Palmer, at this hotel knows customer service and went above and beyond. I am a huge believer in customer service. If I am treated well, I will return. I stay at hotels about 245 days out of the year. Platinum with many chains, I experience hotels on many different levels. This was your typical Fairfield, but definitely better than several that I have stayed in. Being a Marriott property you can always expect a clean room with a comfy bed and pillows. Our room had a refrigerator and microwave(they all might actually). Upon check in, the front desk staff was super friendly and helpful. In fact, all staff i dealt with were delightful and helpful(not those, 'i hate my job-i shouldn't be working in the hospitality industry-types). I was upgraded as a platinum member which is always a plus!

Internet and breakfast were included in room price. I have no complaints in these departments either. They serve a full continental breakfast with hot foods as well(waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage etc). And, i can't forget the Faurgield staple, Jimmy Dean's breakfast sandwiches!! Yum! They also had hard boiled eggs(my fav!)!!!

Coffee & hot tea were available at breakfast as well as the in the lobby in the evenings where they also served free popcorn(which is super yummy)!! I had two little bags one night when we watched a movie! ;) thanks Fairfield.

The location was good as well. I found a nice, safe running trail not far from the hotel by a college. There was also an amazing little coffee shop in walking distance along with a few fast-casual type restaurants(tacos, smoothies, Chinese etc). Not to mention, its super close o the highway and to DFW plus the Galleria shopping complex is a very short drive away too.

Anyway...when I made it to my room I had a Dole salad kit including cherry tomatos with me that I threw in the fridge. I absolutely first checked what the temp gauge was at since in the past I have had hotel refrigerators set to max cold and freeze my salad. No bueno! Only this time there was no gauge. That led me to believe there is no need to worry about freezing my salad.....but I was wrong. I woke up to a frozen salad! ;(. I went down to the front desk and showed the manager. Without hesitation, he immediately suggested running to the store to pick me up a new salad AND tomatoes!! And that's exactly what he did! He drove to the store and purchased a new salad bag and a pint of cherry tomorrow's since the store didn't carry the exact one that I had which included a few tomatoes. If that's not amazing customer service, I don't know what is!!! I would definitely return and recommend!! I was not expecting that at all. I honestly don't know what I was expecting...lol. At the end of the day, problem solved and I got to enjoy my yummy salad! Comfortable, good location, nice staff and a manager committed to customer service. That's my kind of hotel! ;)

• Stayed November 2012

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Allen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

My daughter and I shared a room for 2 nights while participating in the 2012 Susan G Komen 3-Day/60-Miles Walk for the Cure this past weekend. We were pleasantly surprised with the comfortable beds, very friendly staff (they went out of their way to give us breakfast earlier than the opening hour as we had to be at the 3-Day camp by 6:30 AM).

The room was very clean, comfortable and roomy. The noise level from other guests was minimal and the staff was helpful with info we needed. We were very happy with our stay and will definitely recommend this hotel when family or friends come into town.

Room Tip: We did not hear any road noise from our room on the south side.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Tempe, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We had just come from a week at Marriott Residence Inn, so we weren't expecting much for our one night at the Fairfield Inn. We upgraded for a very reasonable charge to the junior suite because we still had food items from our previous hotel that had to be refrigerated. Now normally I have experienced that Fairfield Inns have fridges in their regular rooms, but staff said that the rooms here were being renovated and only the junior suites had the fridges. They also have a microwave.
Well when we opened the door, we were taken aback by the appealing entrance, The entertainment center was on an angle, displayed a good quality faux flower which was beautifully illuminated from a dimmer switch. The front room had its own flat screen TV and the angle of the room was inviting. There was also a desk in there with free Wi-Fi.
The bedroom was spacious enough with plenty of drawer and closet space.The bed was perfectly comfortable, in fact more so than the one at The Residence Inn. There was a second TV in the bedroom. I do love the colors and fabrics that the Fairfield Inns are using now.
The staff was super friendly and helpful. The grounds were immaculate. The location was conveniently located to the main freeways, and stores.
In closing, I would like to applaud the architect who impressively used the space available in the most useful, comfortable and elegant way imaginable. Even though it was smaller than our Residence Inn room, it was more cozy and inviting.

Room Tip: Definitely upgrade to the junior suite. At this particular Fairfield Inn, it's worth an up charg...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

first of all the staff is by far the best! we checked in early am with ease. if using a debit card they do hold 30.00 over the room amount for damages, but it id released. everyone spoke and was helpful. the grounds were clean. the beds are sooo comfortable. the shower was relaxing. the location was close to everything.
the ac was a bit noisy, but bearable.
our weekend getaway was wonderful thanks to the fairfield.

• Stayed August 2012
Cleveland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

This property does the job, not fancy or high touch, but I felt welcomed and rooms/linens were clean. I'd rather rate it a 3.5, not a signature property that I'd give a 4 rating but average seems too low for the nice staff and much-appreciated quiet location. Thank you for free wireless! AC was noisy at night, i turned it off, wish the AC was quieter on low. Free breakfast is the basics, but was able to make a healthy meal and avoid the processed sausage sandwiches and glazed donuts. No signage from the main Midway road at all, but not difficult to turn around if one passes this cul de sac. Quite near a college w a running track.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

What a great 3 days. Great location to everything. The staff was wonderful. Clean-clean. Wonderful pool and workout room. Galleria 3 miles away!

• Stayed June 2012
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

OK, right off I have to say that I have mixed feelings about this hotel. We stayed in a 'junior suite' for three nights over the last weekend. The location is OK - very convenient for the roads into Dallas and to DFW plus the Galleria shopping complex is a very short drive away too. The staff are without exception delightfully helpful and friendly to everyone - couldn't fault them. They are a credit to the hotel.

The room was standard Fairfield Inn but a little but gloomy and dark - ours was on the 3rd floor overlooking the back on the building. There was a king sized bed, a (presumably) sofa bed and two flat screen TVs. There was a desk and chair too. The bathroom contained the bath and WC whilst outside was a sink and vanity area plus a fridge and coffee maker. Not much space to put your things though.

The room was on top of the pool area which means the aircon sucked in the smell of chlorine - not nice. You could also hear the kids having a great time in the pool - naturally peace and quiet in the early evenings was in short supply as they were all very loud (and the window wasn't open)

Breakfast and internet access is included in the price of the hotel - I think we paid around $130 per night which is very reasonable. The small breakfasrt area off the reception was well stocked and maintained - there was scrambled egg and a sort of sausage meat patty plus some egg and sausage biscuits that you could microwave and take back to your room. There was apple and orange juice, coffee and some tea selections. Fruit came in the shape of bananas and apples and also some fruit segments in juice which were pre-packaged. I believe there were also about 6-8 different types of cereals (mini boxes) plus a waffle machine which was very popular. Pastries and toast was also available - overall a very reasonable selection.

Coffee was available in the reception area in the evenings as was popcorn on one night - didn't try it so don't know if it was any good (smelled nice though!). There is a small shop with snacks available and i think a laundry but we didn't try this.

There is no restaurant on site for an evening meal but there are places around that deliver a selection of food - a menu card is in the room. I assume most people either go into town OR drive a couple of blocks north where there is an abundance of family type places to eat. The only place nearby seemed to be a McDonalds.

My main issue was that everything about this hotel was NOISY. The doors slammed shut and you could always hear them as people arrived and departed, the hairdryer was literally deafening - it was almost painful to use it. People in the surrounding rooms could be heard whenever they were in residence - even the wardrobe doors squeaked a lot. The old fashioned airconditioning was exceptionally noisy but it was essential - if you are a light sleeper you will have issues with this. I could hear airplane noise even though DFW and Love Field were miles away and lastly, I'm afraid to say the sound of children being allowed by their parents to run up and down the corridors shouting at each other was really really wearing after two nights (they seemed to disappear on the Sunday evening)

Given the reasonable price compared to the other choices in the area, I guess this is very much a family hotel at weekends so be prepared for lots of noise from other younger guests. Maybe it is quieter during the week?

Despite the super staff I wouldn't use it again unless I had no other alternative.

Room Tip: Avoid the back of the hotel otherwise you'll get noise from the pool/patio area
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas North by the Galleria? Share your experiences!