“Good Enough for a night or two as a "crash" pad.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #124 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
Seattle, Washington
“Good Enough for a night or two as a "crash" pad.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2007

I spent one night at the hotel on the 16th, I was not pleased with the initial contact with the property. I am not familar with the DFW airport, I had called earlier in the day before my flight to Dallas to confirm that the shuttle would pick me up; the woman said to call when you landed and they would be there in 20 minutes. When I got off the plane I called, I was asked what terminal I was at (D) and then told to go to door LLD49 or something like that, in the courtesy shuttle zone. Anyway the woman yelled this at me, acted like I was troubling her for the call and when I called again because I had been waiting almost an hour she snapped at me again when I asked her if I was in the right place. Anyway after the surly driver, also the shuttle is not operated by the hotel it is operated by a company called RC Express, the shuttle starts at 4.40 A.M. or something and goes every 40-50 minutes. The property has had a few upgrades, the beds are very very comfortable, that was a very nice surprise. There was a fridge and microwave, well stocked bathroom. The hotel is not near anything reasonable to walk to and I don't think their restaurant is operational, so if you are arriving late make sure you have eaten something becase your options will be limited to the vending machine. I can't say anything about the breakfast, it wasn't being served at the time I left. This place is just fine if you need a hot shower, cool air conditioning and a soft bed at a resonable price. The hotel is fairly quiet as well.

• Liked — Very close to DFW
  • Disliked — Surly staff
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Eugene OR
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2006

This Days Inn is well-located near the DFW airport, but it needs new management...at least SOME management! The shuttle comes infrequently and at odd times, despite front desk assurances that "it'll be just 5 minutes"...waiting 2 hours at the airport curb is no fun. The front desk often does not answer the phone...the reason was obvious on arrival (finally) at the hotel; the front desk personnel were busy chatting and simply ignore the phone much of the time! Then, the wake up call came an hour early; breakfast was poor and put out 45min after the time it was supposed to be out (leaving 5 minutes for us to eat before getting back to the airport!). Pillows on the bed were cheap and hard. The building is decent, but staff need training and supervision, and the beds need to be replaced. Pick a different airport hotel, not this one!

Stayed October 2006

Been to Days Inn Dallas DFW? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Dallas DFW

Address: 8312 South Lancaster Road, Dallas, TX 75241
Location: United States > Texas > Dallas
Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #124 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Dallas DFW 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Wyndham and Hotels.com so you can book your Days Inn Dallas DFW reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Dallas Dfw Hotel Dallas

If you own or manage Days Inn Dallas DFW, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.