“Low income Housing” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Dallas - Greenville Ave.

You added Extended Stay America - Dallas - Greenville Ave. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Dallas - Greenville Ave.
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12270 Greenville Ave, Dallas, TX 75243   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #135 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
Dallas, Texas
“Low income Housing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I'm on the first floor which is supposed to need smoke free.....not a chance. The smoke infiltrates into my room, and it indeed does smell of pot on occasion, as well. I am a business person who spends the majority of my day away from here, but regardless, I would not recommend this place to anyone, unless the only point of measure is low cost . There are multiple families living here long term, and I guess we all want a roof over our heads. So advertise it for what it is and be done with it. A low cost, low quality, central location......of course its not a 5 star hotel, it doesn't rate one star.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Greenville Ave., responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. It appears that your stay did not meet your expectation. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your review. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at dri@extendedstay.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Miami, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

All rooms are smoking, though they advertise otherwise. Dirty, smelly sheets and pillowcases. Dirty walls and dirty kitchen. And by claiming that the person on one shift does not communicate with the others, they manage to over charge the client.

• Stayed October 2012
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Greenville Ave., responded to this review, December 2, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. Please accept my apology. To prevent this from happening again, my we are reviewing our communication process at the front desk. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dri@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is not a 5 star hotel and doesn't claim to be. It is a relatively clean hotel with lots of room and basic furnishings. We stay here for a week and when we checked in at night I was a little skeptical, however under the light of day the next morning, the place was fine. It ended up being perfect for our needs. The kitchen is clean and functional with minimal and I mean minimal plates. bowls, utencils, ect. The bathroom is again very, very basic but clean and had good water pressure. The bed was comfortable and the flat screen TV was nice. As stated earlier, when I checked in in the evening I was skeptical- this is because there where some questionable people hanging around the parking lot and lobby area. People actually live in this hotel, which lends makes for some interesting aromas as you walk through the hallways, thats all I'll say about that. The hotel was very friendly and helpful and attended to all of our needs. Overall we enjoyed our stay here and would probably stay here again. Oh also- maid service is once a week unless you pay for more.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Greenville Ave., responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you felt that our Hotel was of great Value. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

The hotel overall is good and worth the money you pay for it. However it is extremely unsafe as I noticed a few prostitutes using this place for business. There would be strangers coming in and out during the evening and sometimes late at night. I had booked the hotel for 4 weeks but was uncomfortable after 2 weeks and moved to a different hotel. I am not sure about Dallas neighborhoods so maybe this is one of those shady neighborhoods.

I definitely would not recommend this hotel to families especially if you have kids. Beware of your personal belongings and cars. My car was damaged in the parking lot and the hotel staff refused to provide any assistance in this matter. The manager Nicole Ransom is extremely rude and unhelpful.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel - its not safe
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Greenville Ave., responded to this review, October 25, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The events you described are not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, I will be asking the Dallas Police Department for an increased presence and overnight patrol of the property, especially during the overnight hours. I will also be following up with the Hotel Manager regarding her response to your request for assistance. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dri@extendedstay.com.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Check in was at 3:00pm. I didn't get access to my room until almost 6:00pm. My room smelled like a nursing home. The rest of the hotel smelled like a mix of b.o. and cheap marijuana. I literally woke up one morning, went down to the lobby, and saw someone passed out on the floor in the lobby. I will never come back here, and I recommend you avoid this place like the plague

• Stayed October 2012
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Greenville Ave., responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that your stay did not measure up to your expectation. To make sure this doesn't happen again, we are Increasing our overnight patrols of during the overnight hours , to allow us better isolate and respond to the events you described. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at _dri@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Extended Stay is definitely my second home, myself and my family were comfortable and safe and the rooms had everything I needed and big clean comfortable beds! Kitchen was a plus for me. I would definitely recommended my friends and family to this location.

• Stayed September 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Greenville Ave., responded to this review, September 27, 2012

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

A great stay and very clean. The staff was very friendly and courteous. My bed was so comfortable and the people in the area were very friendly and courteous. My stay was one of the best ones I've ever had thanks to the great staff.

• Stayed September 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Greenville Ave., responded to this review, September 10, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.

Been to Extended Stay America - Dallas - Greenville Ave.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Dallas - Greenville Ave.

Address: 12270 Greenville Ave, Dallas, TX 75243
Location: United States > Texas > Dallas
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #135 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Dallas - Greenville Ave. 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Extended Stay, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Extended Stay America - Dallas - Greenville Ave. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Dallas
Dallas Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Dallas - Greenville Ave., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.