“Great sushi in Preston Hollow” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #719 of 3,099 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Japanese
Dallas, TX
“Great sushi in Preston Hollow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

My wife's family turned me on to this spot and I was not disappointed. I've been several times recently and it's defintely one of my favorite places to get my sushi fix. Try the Hot Mama specialty roll- riceless, tuna, avocado and spicy sauce. It's really tasty. The yellow tail, tuna and salmon (sashimi and sushi) are excellent as well.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Austin, Texas
“Changes can be disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

I used to eat lunch at Ku Sushi regularly, but when I went in December my favorite dish had changed significantly. The amazingly abundant Chirashi bowl has been reduced to a shadow of its former self. The fish was still fresh, and the restaurant pleasant, but the range of tastes so delightful in a good Chirashi was absent because it was so small. The waiter told us that the dinner Chirashi is the same as the lunch Chirashi used to be, but at a much higher price. I guess it just couldn't last. I don't know how other lunch specials may have fared.

Visited December 2011
Dallas, Texas
“Amazing Roll Creations with Attentive Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

My husband and I visited Ku last night for the first time after finding it on Yelp. The food, atmosphere, and service are amazing.

You have to try the “Sexie Roll”. No rice, wrapped in lettuce, it is to die for and not incredibly filling. The ambiance inside Ku is cozy and modern. We will definitely be back.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Fabulous economical sushi at a great price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2008

Ku Shushi & Japanese Cuisine is the place to go in North Dallas for excellent shushi and sashimi at very reasonable prices. At lunch, the sushi and sashimi platter came in for a bargain basement $13.95, and the chirashi was a great deal at $12.95. The fish selections in both dishes had good variety and generous quantity, but the quality really made them shine. The fish was fresh and sweet, and the presentation of the sushi & sashimi platter was lovely. The rice is good enough to be a treat in its own right.

The service must have been very good. I don't remember it, which means that it was unobtrusive and water must have been supplied regularly.