“Had not been here since September 2011” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Dallas, Texas
“Had not been here since September 2011”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Service has improved noticeably. The crabmeat souffle is no longer on the menu
but it is often available "off menu". The experience here is worth every penny which is good because at lunch you will spend every penny. This time I had a cup of gazpacho, a delish sundried tomato/fresh basil pesto/sundried tomato souffle and shared a $46 bottle of dry white Bordeaux with my friend. Before gratuity, my half of the check totaled $54.72. Excellent food. Excellent service. The decor will transport you somewhere far from Dallas, somewhere that requires at least a seven hour flight! Great place for a date. Or take your Mother here for a special treat.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

FM, TX USA
“Nice, but noisy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I dined at Rise no. 1 mid afternoon on a Sunday as a wedding anniversary celebration of sorts. The restaurant was highly rated by D Magazine and my wife had enjoyed a lunch there earlier this year. When we arrived at 4 pm there was but 1 table occupied. I asked hostess for a "quite, romantic" table, but was seated in a small two person table sandwiched between other tables. Soon a couple with 2 active young girls were seated next to us. Oh well, so much for quite and romantic. The service was fair, although our waiter was difficult to understand he was pleasant. The service was relaxed yet prompt. Our food was absolutely wonderful. We each enjoyed the Rise no. 1 house salad, and then the Southwest Chicken soufflé and the Jambon & Gruyere soufflé. Each was delightful and perfect. Warning that the topping on the Sw Chicken soufflé is very spicy. We shared a chocolate soufflé for dessert and it was also extremely good. The bubbly French Chenin Blanc wine was also very good. Overall it was a nice way to spend $100 on a delightful meal, even though the ambiance was boisterous. It is a delightful restaurant which we will definitely enjoy again.

Visited August 2013
dallas
“Service does not match the food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We we warned that though the food was great, that the service would be poor. Yes, it was. My tea was weak and the water not hot, I had to ask for them to heat the water. I specifically asked for goat cheese instead of blue cheese on a salad and it came out with blue cheese. The waitress was happy to exchange it, but did not say she was sorry. I wonder if she screwed up or the kitchen. Hard to tell. Soufflee was good.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
“Very Good Food. Good Value.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

A very good menu. Wonderful soufflés. Had the special - Lobster Soufflé. Could have had a little more lobster for the $40 price but the flavor was out of this world. Excellent wine pairings and top notch service. You will not be disappointed here. Amazing desserts and very comfortable atmosphere. Will definitely be going again soon.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dallas
“Great Date spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Just a bit expensive that I put 4 stars.
The souffle is DELICIOUS! Also I loved that atmosphere and the decoration of the restaurant.
If you want to win your girlfriend's heart for example, this is the right place.
No one would say no in here, not in my case eather!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Rise no. 1? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Rise no. 1, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.