“Happened upon this place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 3,105 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
highland lakes texas
“Happened upon this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

My husband and I were talking as we were driving to Dallas about a restaurant that we used to go to named Arthur's, which had the most incredible souffle for dessert. While I was driving I asked him to look up restaurants and see if any served souffles. Well he found Rise No. 1 and then checked it against TA and we decided this is the place we wanted to go to. In addition it is in the same shopping center as the Inwood Theater (classic), which we had also planned to do. Well, we had a wonderful time, almost felt like we were in Paris.....not really, but we imagined. We had a sweet, attentive waitress who spoke some French to us. The french bagette bread that we had was wonderful...I think I ate 3 loaves myself. Ok, maybe only 2 1/2. I had the crab souffle and my husband had the escargot souffle. He said his was so very good. Mine had a little bit too much crab...I know how can you have too much crab, but it did. Then for dessert he had the chocolate souffle and I had the grand marnier, both were excellent. We sat out on their little patio, air conditioned porch and it was very pleasant. I would highly recommend this place, if you like souffles! Oh, one more thing - it was inexpensive!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Dallas, TX
“Go get your souffle on”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

OK, so my husband claims that they don't serve man-food here but he has enjoyed the chocolate souffle on more than one occasion (with their tiny steak) and their cheese. This is a great place for lunch with the ladies or a dinner with a few friends. Their souffles are fantastic, as is the service. I think the wine is a bit pricey but overall this is a great bet in Dallas for a very good meal.

Visited August 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
“Delicious, Unique & Eclectic!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband & I went here for lunch on a Sunday afternoon in Dallas. It was a very unique restaurant with random things embedded in the decor you can buy and lots of interesting items. They re-use old wine bottles for your water and even decoration which is a fun and useful idea. The menu isn't large but there is definitely something for everyone tastes; between savory & sweet. The ingredients for the souffles are very simple but delicious!! Give it a try, you'll love it!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dallas, Texas
“OMG!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

I will have to admit I have only had a few souffles in my life but thanks to no. 1Rise I will be having them more often. The decor was wonderful, The souffles were incredible. I had the Blue Crab souffle and my table guest had the escargot souffles. The crab was very smooth and very well seasoned, the escargot souffle well prepared,the escargot is at the bottom sautéd in garlic butter with the goat cheese souffle on top(marvelous).The Server was very attentive (Im sorry but I do not remember his name ) but he was top notch. Dessert souffle Choc. was great not to sweet just right but the seasonal pumpkin souffle was out of this world (a must if you like pumpkin). If you like souffles go here and if like to say souffle go here. Souffle

dallas, tx
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

The best and probably the only place in Dallas for souffles. When you walk in, it feels like a bit of Paris in our city. The specials change with the seasons and are my favorite choices on the menu. I've tried most of the menu and it is quite good. The brie and cauliflower souffle is delicious and in the fall they do a pumpkin souffle that rivals any pie I've had. The cheeses are really varied and I rarely resist them. Love the wine list too. It is our go to place for a French fix!

• Visited August 2012