“Great bbq at an old location” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 203 Restaurants in Cypress
Cuisines: Barbecue
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Great bbq at an old location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The barbeque here is really good and the service is quick every time that we've gone. I must agree that the warm potato salad is some of the best ever! Parking can get crowded at certain times, but the location is easy - right off of the freeway. Nothing super fancy, but great food!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Cypress, TX
“Best Texas Bar-b-q around!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We have been going to Carl's for years. The building may not look like much from the outside but the food is the best. My recommendation: Get the family pack to go. You get brisket, sausage, 3 sides and with the coupon you get in the mail you can add a half chicken all for under $26. That's fast food prices. This meal feeds our family of 4 (all adults) and we still have a few leftovers. The chocolate meringue and lemon meringue are the best and although I usually never get dessert at other restaurants I always have room for Carl's meringue pie. They also have awesome sweet tea. The line continuously moves so you never have to wait long. This is not the place to go for special occasions or if you want to get dressed up for dinner but it's a great local place for good food. I've also used Carl's to cater events ranging from 50-200 people and I've always been very satisfied.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Texas
“A local institution.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is a bbq joint where the locals eat. Brisket, chicken, sausage- whatever you like they are all really good. One thing Carl's is famous for is the potato casserole. You have to try it. Also they have fountain drinks or bottled drinks. If you want refills then get the fountain drinks!

Visited September 2012
Cypress, Texas, United States
“The warm potato salad is heaven!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

There are no a ton of choices for my small children, but their bbq is great and that warm potato salad is so good!!!! Sometimes that is all i want...perfect mix of red potatoes, cheese, garlic, green onion. I dont want to know the calorie count!

Visited March 2012
Rose Hill, Texas, United States
“Big Time Rippppp Off”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

On a nice Friday Night my family decided to go to Carl's BBQ in Cypress. There were 7 of us dining and the bill was over $100.

When I ordered the 2 Meat A-la-carte for $8.95, I was shocked when I received little more than a Spec of meat on my plate. I quickly complained and was told that was "all you get" . In the intrest of the other 6 people who all ordered either chicken or sandwiches, I moved on and paid the bill and complained to the Manager. The manager that seemed to be more involved in cleaning the restroom dismissed me quickly and went about her business.

I have spent my last $ at Carl's BBQ and you should follow suit...

• Visited August 2012