“Overpriced for Overcooked Food” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Fort Worth, TX
“Overpriced for Overcooked Food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We ate at Dario's for the first time last night. We ordered 2 filets cooked medium, 1 cooked medium rare, and salmon. Avacado Pancake and Carpaccio for apps, and the Mac N Cheese for a side. Every steak was overcooked. The Avacado Pancake was a mushy mess that needed some sort of chip or pita to eat with and the Mac N Cheese was not good. We asked for a side of bernaise to go with our steaks...I took one bit and almost choked. It was PURE OIL. Awful. Everyone at the table had to try it to belive how horrible it really was. We sent it back for the chef to tast. A manager came by and asked why we didn't like it so I told him and also told him all of our steaks were overcooked, and then just said he was sorry - didn't bother to offer to redo them. The only reason I'm not giving this 1 star is because the wine was good as was the Carpaccio. We will not be back. Spend your money elsewhere, like Eddie V's, or Flemmings.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
“Amazing food right around the corner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

I remember when it used to be the old Alicia's, so thought we would give it a try. Our crab cake and pear and Gorgonzola salad where amazing. My pasta with crab was good. My husband had the veal and cleaned his plate. The service was impeccable however it seems a little pricey. Will definitely go back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Texas
“Might be too nice for Cypress!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012 via mobile

Great for date night when you don't want to go into Houston!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Bad Manager!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

My husband and I went in for dessert. We wanted to check out the restaurant and maybe come for dinner sometime. He ordered carrot cake (said it had apricots in it which he thought was weird) and I ordered the chocolate cake because our waiter said it was "amazing!" It was... ordinary. When the waiter came to check on us, he said, "How are your desserts? Aren't they incredible?" I shrugged my shoulders a bit. He said, "Whoa. You don't like it?" I told him I thought it was "ok," that it was ordinary." He said that he would bring me something else. i chose the bread pudding, he took my cake away. THEN... the manager comes over to our table and begins to berate us- "There is nothing wrong with my cake!" I tried to explain to him that "technically" he was right, there was nothing wrong, I just didn't think it was as "incredible" as it was billed. He continued to yell at us. I did NOT get the bread pudding AND the manager made us pay for the cake that I only had one bite of!!! Outrageous! I WILL NEVER EVER EVER GO BACK TO THIS RESTAURANT!

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Houston
“Not what it used to be”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

We went for a family birthday. When we arrived (5:15 pm), we were the only customers. The staff appeared to be confused about who was going to wait on us. The waiter didn't know the specials. The filet mignon was OK but nothing special. The flounder special was not good and their lamb shank was BAD! We thought dessert would make up for the entree but we had to wait 20 minutes for the dessert to be served! At this point there were only 5 other 2-person groups in the restaurant. When we asked for a drink the waiter told us he was "busy". Take this one off your list. Definitely not worth the price you pay.

• Visited July 2011