“Awful experience.” 1 of 5 stars

2125 North Esplanade Highway 183, Cuero, TX 77954   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Cuero
“Awful experience.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

Room was disgusting ! Saw several roaches in the bathroom, my towels were not clean(looked like dirt on them), and the whole room smelled like human feces .

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

This place has terrible service. The rooms smell, have dirty bed sheets, and when I tried to talk to the owner/manager about getting a refund for my rooms, he refused to come out of his on property house. I finally had to call the Cuero PD! The owner, Mr. Patel is a very rude man, and will not talk to you unless you take drastic measure. And when he finally does come out, his comments come across as anti- American, and somewhat racist. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

I booked this hotel for one night because the best western hotel was booked. I arrived to check around 12pm and spoke to Bharat M. Pantel. I told him when I made the reservation I was not told the rate. He pulled out a piece of paper and showed me the rate. I asked if they had a military discount and he said no. I told him it would only be two in the room. He said if he saw more people, he would charge me more. I asked him why did he say that to me. He started pointing at me and telling me the rules. He started yelling at me and and pointing at me. I asked him to stop yelling and he said "I want to make sure you hear me". I said I am standing in front of you and can hear you so please stop yelling. He continued to yell and point at me. I told him I wanted to speak to a manager or his supervisor. He said it was no one else I could speak to. I again asked him to stop pointing at me and yelling. He said tell it to my president because Obama is always pointing on television. I got really upset and asked him what does that have to do with me. I then told him I did not want to stay at the hotel and he said I would be charged anyway. He said I could dispute the charge. I asked for his name and my daughter and I left. I had never been treated so rudely by hotel staff. I was surprised he was so rude and mean to me in front of my child. She asked me if he was a racist. I told her I did not know what was wrong with him. I told her maybe he was having a bad day. I then told my family what happened and my brother-inlaw went there and received the same rude treatment. We all stayed at another hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Pensacola Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

Okay is all I can say for this hotel. I traveled to Cuero to visit family and this was the best hotel in the city at the time. The room was over priced for what I got, but I had no choice. It was clean... nothing fancy. The best part was there is an elevator and a pool and the room was quiet at night. The front desk clerk and house keeping were friendly.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Leander, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2006

The wife and I booked a two-night stay at this motel in Late December in order to visit my parents in a small town 15 miles away. We have stayed here two or three times in the past, only because its the best Cuero has to offer (unfortunately). The rooms are "okay", but in our opinion overpriced. There is no coffee pot, microwave, or refrigerator in the rooms. The toilet paper was some of the cheapest stuff I've ever seen, even by motel standards. The shower head was one of the cheapest, poorest operating ones I've ever seen. After the first night, the cleaning lady failed to remove all the dirty towels and did not leave clean towels, shampoo, soap, etc.. The lobby, where a really weak continental breakfast is served, doesn't open until 7:00 AM -- somewhat late for many travelers. Didn't matter to us -- they didn't even have de-caf coffee. Let the travelers beware.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Rates and no coffee pot in room
  • Tips/Secrets — Not many other choices in Cuero
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
executive-inn-mgmt, Manager at Executive Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 21, 2007
Since the posting of this review, the Executive Inn & Suites has undergone improvements on the existing property. New deluxe and premium rooms were added which all include a refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot and much more. The existing rooms have all been upgraded to include key amenities and all rooms are offered decaf and caffeinated coffee. These are just a few of the amenities we offer so check out the new rooms and "stay professional" with us in Cuero, Texas.

Thank you.
Mgmt.

Been to Executive Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!