I made a booking for 7 rooms over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend for a simple one-night stay. As each family group checked in they presented their credit cards to cover the $73.45 being charged for each room. We all checked out at different times and each one of us received a receipt for $73.45 on Saturday, 11/26. On Sunday morning we found out our banks had holds on each of our accounts for $773.45 for each room. (I had 2 rooms so the total for me was over $1500.
Mistakes happen right? Well you better hope it doesn't happen to you at this place. It took 3 days to have money returned to our account, the hotel NEVER apologized for the mistake. Told us in future they would just not take group bookings since the new system Holiday Inn implemented in October was respsonsible for the error. I asked for the manager to call me on Sunday to try and sort out what they could do to correct the problem and NEVER got that call. On Monday when I called and got the manager on the phone I was told she was out of town the day before and calling me would have cost her roaming charges, besides that the problem should be sorted out within "two business days".
Meantime, I had to transfer money into my account to keep from having returned items and one of my other family members did in fact have multiple return fee's as a result of this hold being placed on our account for 5 days.
Holiday Inn could care less about our issues. In total they held $5,414.15 that none of us authorized for services rendered in the amount of $514.15. The lies told during the past few days while we each have attempted to get some resolution is deplorable. They say you can really gauge customer service by what happens when something goes wrong. That being the case Holiday Inn Express and the entire IHG Group gets a -10. Complaints were filed with the Texas Attorney Generals office, the Hotel Group Association, Consumer Protection Agency and we continue to try and get some response from the owner of the hotel.
The Hampton Inn is right next door. Do yourself a favor and bypass this place - they don't want your business.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Corsicana Hotel Corsicana
- Holiday Inn Express Corsicana Hotel
- Holiday Inn Corsicana
- Corsicana Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The finest hotel in Corsicana, Texas is the brand new Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corsicana. Located on I-45 at US-287, our hotel is adjacent to Corsicana s newest business district, Corsicana Crossing, and less than 2 miles from Collin Street Bakery, the home of world-famous Corsicana Fruitcake.Major corporate offices, major retail outlets and a variety of restaurants are in very close proximity. Historic Downtown Corsicana and Navarro College are 2 miles away. Russell Stover, the nation s largest hand-made candy company, operates its largest U.S. plant in Corsicana, adjacent to our hotel. With 4 stories, interior corridors and 2 elevators, our hotel serves business and leisure guests on a variety of travel occasions. Unwind in our Indoor Heated Pool with Spa, relieve your stress in our Fitness Center, or relax with a good book in our Library/Reading Room. Enjoy our Complimentary Hot Breakfast or use our Business Center. We offer 79 brand new guest rooms, including Suites, Jacuzzi Suites and Traditional Guest Rooms. Each guest room has free high speed Internet (wireless or cable connection). The Presidential is our premier over-sized suite, with dining area, king bedroom and Jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Venere and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Corsicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.