“Best place to stay if you are an Army family.” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Copperas Cove
Detroit, Michigan
“Best place to stay if you are an Army family.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

We have stayed here on two different occasions, July of 2009, and July of 2010. The housekeeping staff are excellent. I never had a problem with them as I have seen other posters report on here. They were always there every morning and ready to take care of our room. We stayed one week in 09 and a week and a half in 10'. Never had a problem with housekeeping. Front desk employees were very helpful and accomadating as we requested a certain room. They treated us very well. It is in a safe environment, WalMart right across the street and places to eat very close by. Ft. Hood is just a short drive away and I prefer to stay in Copperas Cove vs. Killeen. I would recommend this hotel to any family traveling to see their soldier.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bangor, Maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

1. They never fully cleaned our room. We asked for new sheets and they just remade the bed with the old ones. the shower never got clean i had to do it myself.
2. the breakfast has gotten worse over the last year. The eggs tasted like they had gone bad
3. The staff was very nice
4. There was a cockroach in my room then I saw another in the hallway.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
BestWestern44479, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 2, 2011
I am very sorry for any issues you may have come across. Over the last year, we have improved our breakfast drastically and our guest service scores have rose because of it. All of our breakfast items are up to standard so if there was a problem, I was unaware of it and have not gotten any complaints from any other guests.
On the housekeeping list from the day you stayed, it does show the sheets were changed by our veteran housekeeper. I apologize if this did not meet your expectations.
And the "roaches" were merely crickets. This is Texas and no matter what precautions we put in place, crickets will get in the hotel no matter what. We have a sign posted at the front desk that talks about this issue. I know it is not fun seeing any inspect inside a hotel but in this state, every hotel has this problem and I promise, we do everything we can to make sure only a few do get in.
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

On my way from Arlington to San Antonio, I found this hotel to be a welcome mid-point break from the hectic cities. This hotel is immaculately clean and exceptionally well-managed. The lobby is large and welcoming; the rooms are also fairly large and the ones in the back have a restful view of open space covered with green grass and bushes. To the west, you can go to Lampasas or the Buchanan dam which is located on the way to Llano. Larger towns and cities are just east; Austin isn't far. Restaurants are very close, with one being almost next door. It's a good Central Texas location. I stayed three nights and will return.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

I was very impressed by this hotel. It was alot nicer than the Best Western we stayed at in Port Aransas and was alot cleaner AND nicer than the Clarion Inn and Suites in Austin. Very well kept with polite staff and extremely clean.

I would stay here again and would send any of my friends here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
prdmom_of2grls
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2009

It was an OK hotel. The price was right but I wanted a suite and instead I just got a really big room with a king size bed. To me a suite is a seperate bedroom and living room. The hot water didn't really get hot, it was lukewarm and it got colder by the minute. I wanted to relax in the tub but to my surprise the I coldn't get the shower knob down...it was stuck/broke. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2008

Clean and comfortable and a clone of hundreds of other hotel rooms across the country. I liked the large bathroom and in-room coffee service. If you like to sleep in on a weekend, plan to breakfast elsewhere. On a Saturday morning at a few minutes after 9am, the breakfast area was already cleaned up and closed down. Even the juice machine gets unplugged. Coffee was available, but the hot chocolate machine was out of order. Friendly desk clerk directed us to the Lil Tex restaurant where we had an excellent (and extremely filling) breakfast.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Mulga, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2005

Best Western website very helpful. Nice stay.

Been to BEST WESTERN Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!