“Don't waste your money - go to Days Inn” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
You added Comfort Suites to your Saves list
Comfort Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1816 Martin Luther King Jr Drive, Copperas Cove, TX 76522   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Copperas Cove
San Antonio, Texas
“Don't waste your money - go to Days Inn”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

From the indoor pool being ice cold (was rudely told it was fine in front of other customers but told later I was correct) to the totally lack luster continental breakfast, I was unimpressed and won't return to this Comfort Suites. Add the front desk help that was not helpful when I had an A/C issue and then working the pool issue (given $5 discount when we only stayed for the indoor pool) and it was a frustrating experience. Disappointing as this is the first Comfort Suites I've stayed at over the years to have this bad experience. Think it was largely due to their lack of business/interest, and I can see why...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
mike B, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and regret the room you received did not live up to your expectations. Your input will be shared with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

Awful front desk service, elevator was disgusting I was afraid to touch anything. It was more like a roach motel I would not stay there again if you paid me too. . Room was not "cleaned". Internet was awful. Breakfast was unappetizing.

• Stayed November 2012
On behalf of my team and myself, i truely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced at our hotel. Let me assure you that we have a high turn over with our housekeeping staff and we are trying to train our employees to make sure every guest is satisfied with the services we offer.
Again, I apologize for the shortcomings.

Travelers are raving about these Copperas Cove hotels

Estevan, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

We are from Canada and finding a hotel under a hundred dollars is almost unheard of..unless you are staying at a complete dive. So we were a little skeptical at first. For $79 a night we had a large room with 2 comfy beds plus a separate sitting (couch and desk) area, clean bathrooms, microwave and fridge and breakfast in the morning! We were there for 3 nights but were visiting family so we never even made it to the pool area.

• Stayed September 2012
Copperas Cove, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Great hotel with great accomodations. Continental breakfast is served always hot. Room Service is very good. Indoor pool is a definite plus for the summer time since it is very hot outside. Rooms are very spacious. Amber at the front desk is amazing!!! I will definitly stay here my next time here!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
KILLEEN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Charged more than I was quoted at check-in.. Beds are hard. Rooms are hot one minute, too cold the next, nothing in between. Pool was ice cold and walls have the paint peeling.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Slidell, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

After a several hour road trip across Texas, We were not greeted at the counter, instead, the clerk never looked up and was griping about how the computer he was using was slow. He was unprofessional, A closer look at the place , we noticed that the floors and carpet were filithy, the elevator floor was dirty. The Room (219) was dirty. Carpet had large stains, and spills were on the walls, The blankets on the bed were not fresh. The room had a slight smell. I had paid cash at the counter and was told there was only a small 12 dollar hold on my bank account, That I understand. The next morning I noticed that a 102.dollar hold instead. We had already left so I could not correct it on the spot. I stay at Comfort Suites all over Texas and this hotel is in the worst condition I have ever seen, I will stay at Holiday Inn Express from now on when in the Copperas Cove, Killeen area. Not Good!! Sorry.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

A coworker and I visited Fort Hood for a Job Fair. Knowing the area and the recent completion of this Comfort Suites next to the movie theatre, I recommended that she stay here. She arrived weary and tired late at night; she needed to go right to bed. The check-in was easy and quick, but when she arrived to her room there were multiple unidentifiable oily "stains" on the bed spread. She decided to take the bed spread off and ended up freezing all night, because there was something on the fritz with her thermostat. Getting ready for bed, she took off her shoes and there was a grittiness in the bathroom and some sort of "crumbs" on the carpet.
None of this was expected at a newer hotel and one that is of a reputable chain.
The price was competitive for the caliber that the hotel could have been, when clean...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!