“Never seen a restaurant quite like this, unique experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Atlanta, Georgia
“Never seen a restaurant quite like this, unique experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

You stand in line and walk by the area where they cook all the meat. You tell them what meat you want and how much, they weigh it, then you head inside for side items. I had ribs, so tender the meat fell off the bones...no sauce needed. It was a nice day so we sat outside. Nice casual place to eat!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Irving, Texas
“The Porterhouse is AMAZING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We've searched high and low for great BBQ and Hard Eight is by far our favorite. For 2 years we ordered the same food, a pound of brisket, a slab of ribs and some sausage. Once while waiting in line, we heard someone recommend the steak. We tried it that night and it's become a staple in our order ever since. Best steak EVER! Make sure to rub it around in the seasonings. It's unbelievable!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Plano, Texas
“Fantastic BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I'm a native Texan and BBQ is something I grew up eating at least once a week, so I'm pretty particular about my BBQ. Hard Eight is fantastic!!! Can't go wrong with anything you get there.

Visited October 2013
“Authentic Texas BBQ with great variety of meats!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Great experience! Authentic clean atmosphere. Great variety of meats. Reasonable prices. Good sides- just wish they had more side options as various as their meats selection. Brisket and turkey were wonderful as were the beans. Definitely try this one!!!

Minnesota
“Good BBQ, but you will smell smokey ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I ate here last night on the advice of my hotel when I requested Texas BBQ. The food was good, I really appreciate that they warn you not to order too much food because it seems easy to do. I had ribs and brisket, my sister had the same with sausage. Be careful in the line after you get your meat, the counter where the sides are is very cold and I think setting a tray on it would make your food cold, too. I tried the beans for a side and didn't care for them. It just tasted like plain pinto beans to me. The ribs didn't have a lot of meat on them, but were tasty. The brisket was good. My sister really liked the sausage. I did enjoy both BBQ sauces that were available, they said one was supposed to be hot, but I didn't think it was, and I usually like mine medium.
A word of warning: you will smell like smoke when you leave. This may not be a problem for most, but when you are traveling this smell can get into everything if you put those clothes in your suitcase.
Overall I would say it was a good experience. It wasn't that busy on a Thursday, we probably waited 20 min. Parking was ample, we parked behind the place and walked down a small ditch with a path to get in.