“Italian?” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Conroe, Texas
“Italian?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I can't understand why this restaurant is characterized as Italian. It serves (very good) pizza, but there is a much wider variety of meals available. On a cold evening we both ordered French onion soup -- it was very good. My wife ordered a pork chop and sweet potato fries; she enjoyed them, but the chop was huge and she couldn't finish it. I had barbecued meatloaf and asparagus -- also very good and very filling. The downsides that I observed were that seating is limited and you may have to wait and that the Red Brick Tavern is located in the old downtown area of Conroe where there are many quaint shops that my wife wants to visit. I'll put up with both for food this good.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Always great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I eat here regularly. Everything I've had on the menu is always great. Good presentation, great taste, and comfortable setting! Highly recommend!

The Woodlands, Texas
“Yummy Tex Mex Original Recipes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Daughter suggested this place and we were so glad she did! It's just off the main street in downtown Conroe by the court house, easy to find parking even at lunch time, music most weekend nights, fun atmosphere, busy bar and excellent food. Daughter had the fish taco's with large hunks of fish and tasty crisp sweet potato fries. Hubby had the burger and it was good. Didn’t come out the way he ordered it but it was still good. I had the Hatch Chili pulled pork enchiladas and they were very flavorful and moist. Wait staff was friendly but the place is a bit understaffed so we were glad it wasn’t too busy. We all loved our choices and plan to come back to try the Sunday Gospel Brunch.

• Visited January 2014
Lake Conroe, Texas
“Hungry for fish tacos? YUM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We had business in downtown Conroe to deal with, and thought we'd grab a quick bite. Sooo glad we did. They have a big menu, and I can't wait to go back and try more.
We both got fish tacos with sweet potato straw fries. Absolutely DELISH.
It is loud inside, so if you need to talk, eat outside.

• Visited December 2013
Texas
“A Hidden Gem on a Quaint Brick Street”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Be sure to go a little earlier than the typical 'dinner hour' when you try out this restaurant. I've had both lunch and dinner here and both times, by the time I was leaving, the place was packed. The food seems a bit pricey but the portions were large and our waitress even warned us about the size of the portions and suggested that we share - which we did. This made the meal quite affordable and we still felt that we had plenty to eat. I've enjoyed the Drunken French Onion Soup, Chipotle Chicken Quesadillas, and the fish tacos. All were great and my husband raved about the mac and cheese. (I'm having that next time!) They do have live music later in the evening but I'm not sure I'd want to fight the crowds. The place is rather small and when we were there for dinner it was packed.

• Visited November 2013