“Pleasant experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Conroe
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Pleasant experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Very clean hotel and excellent staff. The rooms are larger than expected, nicely decorated and we loved the ceiling fan. Fridge, microwave and small coffeepot in the room also. Breakfast included waffles, bacon, sausage, sausage gravy with biscuits, pastries, breads, muffins, cereal, juice, coffee...much more than expected. Pool and hot tub were great for the kids but the area is very loud and could use some soundproofing. Cute wall murals. Towels are available in the workout room or the front desk. We would definitely stay here again. Funniest thing is we had room 222, same room number we had at our last hotel. Big difference in experience! So glad we chose this hotel!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here overnight while doing a job in Conroe. Usually I like Hampton Inns, but the nearest one had bad reviews so I choose here. In many ways both chains are similar.

I was greeted by a very friendly person at the front desk, who had checked my room request and told me they were giving me a quiet room as requested.

Nice big rooms, pleasantly decorated, flat screen TV, fridge, etc.

Typical window a/c, which can get a bit noisy.

There is a swimming pool and hot tub, which I didn't use as I hadn't brought any swimwear. It looked small, but nice.

Breakfast was much better than most for this class of hotel.They had waffles, fresh fruit and some hot dishes in addition to pastries, cold cereal etc. And a decent coffee machine.

I'll be back if I need to stay in Conroe again.

• Stayed July 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

The staff and location here is incredible. They are one of the best locations in the entire Laquinta chain.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Montgomery, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

My wife and I recently had the entire inside of our house painted (Walls, ceilings, closets, baseboards, crown molding, and cabinets). A three week project. We had to get out of our house after a few days because of the paint fumes and this local La Quinta came to the rescue. It's a La Quinta not a Hyatt, Wyndham, or Four Seasons. That's the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars. It was, however, one of the most enjoyable hotel experiences I have ever had. The entire facility was extremely well maintained. The rooms were spacious, quiet, and very clean even though this is a pet friendly hotel which was one of our requirements because of the two mini-schnauzers we have. Most impressive was the professional and friendly staff. They were absolutely wonderful! I just can't say enough positive things about them. The owner/manager and his family are very active in the business and attentive to detail. The employees, from the front desk staff to the room maids, were all very friendly and helpful in every way possible. The hotel, located one block off the North bound side of I-45, is very accessible. There is good shopping and many excellent restaurants in the immediate area.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 121 which is just down the hall from the desk, on the back side of the hotel, and...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

If you are traveling in the Conroe area and have a choice, stay at the La Quinta. I travel frequently and have been in other motels with food left in the fridge and trash in the trash can. Never here. The rooms are always spotless. I've accidentally left things in my room on more than one occasion and they have gone to the trouble of finding me and letting me know. I rate this place A-one.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

This property is one of the best maintained LQuinta's. The breakfast is excellant. The owner/manager, his family and employees make every guest feel at home.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Conroe? Share your experiences!